Kohls music

Thread: Kohls music

Tags: None
  1. AceMasterHan said:

Question Kohls music

I was kind of surprised to find all these Kohl's associates in one place talking about the music. I've worked at Kohl's for going on 5 years now and I agree that they've had some good stuff on the radio and some absolute crap (cuz I'm awesome!).

Anyways, there is a song that they used to play a couple of years ago and I would always try to find it but never could. Maybe someone here could shed some light on it. The problem is that I don't remember very much of it and what I do remember isn't very helpful. It's got kind of a techno/r&b rythm to it. The only lyrics I know are "I'm sorry , so sorry" over and over. Also it's a woman singing and some might say the song sounds maybe a little dark or creepy. I know that sounds weird but it's the only way I can think of to describe it.

Also what about the song that goes "la la la la la la la la la aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"? If you've heard it, you know what I'm talking about.

Are we the only store that everyone gets together and sings that one? It also probably helps that I'm the adset supervisor so my crew is there mostly after the store closes.

What's up with you guys having different music in different sections? In my store (Terre Haute, IN) we just have the same music all over the entire store.

Anyone know of a forum for kohl's employees to get together and b*tch about kohl's policies etc.?
  2. bugmenot1 said:

Try these songs:
    "They" by Jem http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFaee49YjMw
    "The Yeah Yeah Yeah Song" by The Flaming Lips http://www.myspace.com/flaminglips
  3. AceMasterHan said:

Alright, thanks Bugmenot1. Spot on with both of the songs. No idea how you found the Jem song with my awful description but you pulled it off anyways.

Cheers!
  4. xomissbxo said:

Quote Originally Posted by AceMasterHan View Post
    I was kind of surprised to find all these Kohl's associates in one place talking about the music. I've worked at Kohl's for going on 5 years now and I agree that they've had some good stuff on the radio and some absolute crap (cuz I'm awesome!).

Anyways, there is a song that they used to play a couple of years ago and I would always try to find it but never could. Maybe someone here could shed some light on it. The problem is that I don't remember very much of it and what I do remember isn't very helpful. It's got kind of a techno/r&b rythm to it. The only lyrics I know are "I'm sorry , so sorry" over and over. Also it's a woman singing and some might say the song sounds maybe a little dark or creepy. I know that sounds weird but it's the only way I can think of to describe it.

Also what about the song that goes "la la la la la la la la la aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"? If you've heard it, you know what I'm talking about.

Are we the only store that everyone gets together and sings that one? It also probably helps that I'm the adset supervisor so my crew is there mostly after the store closes.

What's up with you guys having different music in different sections? In my store (Terre Haute, IN) we just have the same music all over the entire store.

Anyone know of a forum for kohl's employees to get together and b*tch about kohl's policies etc.?
    Hi! I was just reading your message and wanted to let you know that your store is in our district! And our store only has one song going on at one time but i think the newer stores or bigger stores play different music in the jr dept, kinda like dillards or younkers does.
  5. greeneyedgirl08 said:

Smile songg

is it yael neim-"new soul"? thats the one that says la la la la la laaaa a whole bunch of times
  6. Acer123 said:

I've been working at Kohl's for a little over 2 years now. In my opinion, for the most part, the music here is AWFUL.

Not to mention those "theme" songs we get every few months. I swear if I heard "All in this Together" one more time, I was going to go insane.. They stopped playing it for a while, but they started again a few months ago @_@ I've been able to tune it out mostly.

I remember when I first started, after the store closed they would play actual good songs. I remember hearing Stone Temple Pilots a few times, Smashing Pumpkins, and a lot of other Alternative music. Other nights they would play Funk and Disco music. It was a lot of fun when the store closed, but it seems like one day, they just put an end to the better music.

Recently they changed to a little more.. well.. 90's mainstream music and I don't really have a problem with it. Most songs are still bad, but you find a couple gems here and there. I noticed recently they made more changes though. I don't know how to explain it but the music seems softer and lighter than ever and it's putting me to sleep. If you pay attention to what songs they play regularly you can notice that all of a sudden you're hearing new songs between the regular songs.

and AceMasterHan, I think the older stores just have the same music all over.
  7. robotosan1090 said:

The song that goes "la la la la la la laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" I know the song as well and it bugs me to no end that i do not know the name of the song. It's sung why a male the voice is slighty distorted or faded...it sounds kinda like the killers.
    The other lyrics of the song are something like
    "and everything was made for me and you"
    He keeps talking about "me and you"
    It really bugs me that i cannot find this song.
    Also it starts out with a guitar rift that's pretty simple and is kind of distorted or faded like the voice.

As far as complaining about Kohl's policies we have a facebook group for our store (Greenville, NC) most complaining gets done there.
  8. Triton721 said:

robotosan1090: try Iggy Pop- The Passenger. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSFV6RhdsNs
  9. robotosan1090 said:

Hit it perfectly. Thank you so much man. I would have never guessed Iggy Pop...but I'm not very familiar with them .