Exteremely difficult find

Thread: Exteremely difficult find

Tags: None
  1. architect1803 said:

Question Exteremely difficult find

Ok, I'll make this as short as I can.

I started working at Kohl's in Houston, TX a few years ago before deciding to go back to architecture school. I've also been dj'ing for a number of years. That being said, I've scoured many genres and I've heard many many songs, almost to the point where I can listen to one artist, familiarize myself with that style, and recognize it again when I hear it. But not this one.

From about 2006-2007, I worked the men's department and then worked with the ad-set team. It seemed to me that almost only in the mornings, this particular song was played. I recognize almost all songs played during those years at Kohl's, except for this God forsaken song that I've been trying to hunt since then.

I only recall the soft, mellow and semi-high pitched female voice saying something like: "how does it feel (....some weird verse...) How does it feel...(again, some verse...)..". Then I believe the chorus goes: "Everyday.....everynight (.....) it's the city boy".

I wish I had more lyrics than that, but unfortunately I don't. I haven't been to Kohl's in about a year (I'll probably finishing my Christmas shopping there this week). I'll purposely walk the floor in the morning to see if that song is still played.

If anyone finds this song, honest to God that I will wire $10 to your PayPal account in lieu of my appreciation. ;-)

-C-

p.s. architect1803@gmail.com
  2. bugmenot1 said:

Quote Originally Posted by architect1803 View Post
    Ok, I'll make this as short as I can.

I started working at Kohl's in Houston, TX a few years ago before deciding to go back to architecture school. I've also been dj'ing for a number of years. That being said, I've scoured many genres and I've heard many many songs, almost to the point where I can listen to one artist, familiarize myself with that style, and recognize it again when I hear it. But not this one.

From about 2006-2007, I worked the men's department and then worked with the ad-set team. It seemed to me that almost only in the mornings, this particular song was played. I recognize almost all songs played during those years at Kohl's, except for this God forsaken song that I've been trying to hunt since then.

I only recall the soft, mellow and semi-high pitched female voice saying something like: "how does it feel (....some weird verse...) How does it feel...(again, some verse...)..". Then I believe the chorus goes: "Everyday.....everynight (.....) it's the city boy".

I wish I had more lyrics than that, but unfortunately I don't. I haven't been to Kohl's in about a year (I'll probably finishing my Christmas shopping there this week). I'll purposely walk the floor in the morning to see if that song is still played.

If anyone finds this song, honest to God that I will wire $10 to your PayPal account in lieu of my appreciation. ;-)

-C-

p.s. architect1803@gmail.com

I remember a lot of the songs from that time frame. Kohl's had a different music provider back then. You won't hear the same songs or artists if you listen at Kohl's today.
    Anyway, just based upon the lyrics you gave, it might be this song:

"Blue Monday" by Flunk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDCVYbrWn9Q

If this isn't the song, give me feedback as to how your song is different. I'd really like to help you solve this mystery.
  3. architect1803 said:

Quote Originally Posted by bugmenot1 View Post
    I remember a lot of the songs from that time frame. Kohl's had a different music provider back then. You won't hear the same songs or artists if you listen at Kohl's today.
    Anyway, just based upon the lyrics you gave, it might be this song:

"Blue Monday" by Flunk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDCVYbrWn9Q

If this isn't the song, give me feedback as to how your song is different. I'd really like to help you solve this mystery.
    Hey man,

thanks for considering the help. I heard that song last week, and it's definitely not that one. That is a remake of Orgy's Blue Monday. Now, as far as the vocals go, that's pretty close.

This just came to my mind. Check out Telepopmusik's "Breathe" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDQw-RShRUQ). Those vocals there sound almost the same, if not exactly like the vocals in the song I'm looking for. You know....it's got that weird "talking through the tube-like" sound. As far lyrics are concerned, those are the only ones I know from that song.
  4. bugmenot1 said:

Quote Originally Posted by architect1803 View Post
    Hey man,

thanks for considering the help. I heard that song last week, and it's definitely not that one. That is a remake of Orgy's Blue Monday. Now, as far as the vocals go, that's pretty close.

This just came to my mind. Check out Telepopmusik's "Breathe" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDQw-RShRUQ). Those vocals there sound almost the same, if not exactly like the vocals in the song I'm looking for. You know....it's got that weird "talking through the tube-like" sound. As far lyrics are concerned, those are the only ones I know from that song.
    Try this song:

"Finally Woken" by Jem
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2daJj490Tk8