Ali Ashabi - The Song For Iran

Thread: Ali Ashabi - The Song For Iran

Tags: ali ashabi, the song for iran

Glorious Queen said:

Default Ali Ashabi - The Song For Iran

Hello everyone
    I'd like somebody to translate this song -The Song For Iran- to English please!
    And if you'd write the lyrics in Farsi letters it would be better for me to understand.
    Thank you in advance
    Oh I, I want to go back to
    Believing in everything and knowing nothing at all

afsaneh said:

Default Ali Ashabi - The Song For Iran

Hanuz ham fanoos-e in dehkade-am ---------------------- I still am the lantern of this village
    Hormat-e naft o talaa tu khun-ame ----------------------- the reverence of gold and oil is in my veins
    To ro baa tamum-e harf-haa dust daaram ----------------- I love you with all sayings (I love you anyway)
    Esm-etun hanuz sar-e zabunam-e ------------------------ your name is still in my mouth

Vase kaashi kaari-yat delvaapasam --------------------- I'm worried about your tile-works
    Vase hoz-haa-ye amigh-e naghashi --------------------- for your deep painted pools
    Vase aayine kaari o ----------------------------------------- for the mirror-works and
    Taagh-haa-ye noor -------------------------------------------- the vaults of light
    Vase gonjeshgak-haa-ye ashi mashi ------------------- for the little sparrows

Age man mesl-e derakht-haa istaadam -------------------- if I'm staying like trees
    Rishe-haam tu dast-haa-ye to mohkam-e ----------------- my roots are held tight in your hands
    Rag-haam az to khun migire shab o ruz -------------------- my vessels are fed by your blood night and day
    Man ro baa esm-e to mishnaasand hame ----------------- everyone knows me by your name

Maal-e man baash o nazar setaare-haa -------------------- belong to me and don't let the stars
    Mesl-e faanus-haa-ye morde bad beshan ------------------ to be bad like dead lanterns
    Vaghti sarmaa mizane zemestun-haa ---------------------- when in winter coldness comes
    Az ru-ye na'sh-e derakht-haa rad beshan ----------------- to pass by from the corpses of the trees

Age man mesl-e derakht-haa istaadam -------------------- if I'm staying like trees

Maal-e man baash o nazar setaare-haa -------------------- belong to me and don't let the stars

Vaghti sarmaa mizane zemestun-haa ---------------------- when in winter coldness comes

Hanuz ham saaghe-ye laale-haa-ye to ------------------------ still the stems of your tulips
    Taaze az akhk-haa-ye penhun-e man-e ---------------------- are fresh from my unseen tears
    Moshti az khaak-e-to bardaar o bebin ------------------------ pick a fistful of your soil and see
    Tu rag-haa-sh naft-e to o khun-e man-e --------------------- in its vessels are your oil and my blood

Mesl-e faanus-haa-ye morde bad beshan ----------------- to be bad like dead lanterns
    Az ru-ye na'sh-e derakht-haa rad beshan ----------------- to pass by from the corpses of the trees

Maal-e man baash o nazar ---------------- -------------------- belong to me and don't let
    Last edited by afsaneh; 04-14-2012 at 05:18 AM.

Glorious Queen said:

Oh Afsaneh that's kind of you!
    خيلى ممنون براى كمك تو
    I hope the sentence above make sense
    Forgive my language :$ I'm just a beginner
    Oh I, I want to go back to
    Believing in everything and knowing nothing at all

afsaneh said:

don't mention it Glorious Queen ,
    the sentence is perfectly correct
    I hope you'll be fluent in persian soon