No buttons in 'advanced mode' reply window

Thread: No buttons in 'advanced mode' reply window

Tags: None

bateli777 said:

sometimes we look for something using candles....... under the street light.........
    Ploutarxos Gia Panta

bateli777 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Tania ATL View Post
    I'm sure that this happens not because of forum software - options for all registered users are same, and if someones see buttons and others don't it may be caused by different end-user settings, especially browser settings.

That's what I've found on the web: "Sometimes the editors won't appear if there are configuration issues on your PC such as having javascript disabled in your browser, or a firewall program like ZoneAlarm blocking popup ads and referrer details."

And you may visit this link from Google http://support.google.com/bin/answer...n&answer=23852 to see how to check if you have javascript enabled and to enable it if it's disabled.

Also there may be compatibility issues. Everyone who complains - please, add information about browser name and version you use to access the forum. This information is found under Help -> about... menu in FireFox and MS IE, and in Settings -> about Chrome in Google Chrome.
    Thank you for all your efforts to help out with this problem.
    Kali Savvato ....Shabbat Shalom......Have a great weekend
    Ploutarxos Gia Panta

amaryn said:

Quote Originally Posted by catherini View Post
    I'm very pleased I helped you Bateli and I helped myself too
    how do I get to the account settings???:erm? (I'm the worst case of all)

catherini said:

Quote Originally Posted by amaryn View Post
    how do I get to the account settings???:erm? (I'm the worst case of all)
    Its seems you are even worse than me Amaryn

At the top of the page you will find settings, next to log out. Then on the left of the page go to My Account, general settings and scroll down to Miscellaneous options...et voila
    Last edited by catherini; 05-06-2012 at 04:43 PM.

amaryn said:

I like your "voila" there.... If I succeed I am gonna feel like a Prince, sure

amaryn said:

Hi Catherini Thanks , I found that. Now, do you recommend Enhanced Interface or Standard Editor? And how do I thereafter can make use of
    (for example) colours? (at the moment I have only Basic editor in use)

catherini said:

Hi Catherini Thanks , I found that. Now, do you recommend Enhanced Interface or Standard Editor? And how do I thereafter can make use of
    (for example) colours? (at the moment I have only Basic editor in use)
    Hi Amaryn you need the Enhanced Interface and you will have all the options available to you with colours and smilies galore
    This is all new to me, I've been a BASIC editor for too long

bateli777 said:

Quote Originally Posted by catherini View Post
    Hi Amaryn you need the Enhanced Interface and you will have all the options available to you with colours and smilies galore
    This is all new to me, I've been a BASIC editor for too long
    Catherini....you've become a regular Tech support ....it becomes you ....cheers
    Ploutarxos Gia Panta

amaryn said:

Quote Originally Posted by bateli777 View Post
    Catherini....you've become a regular Tech support ....it becomes you ....cheers
    O yes, I did all that and now have everything there which used to be : far right the smilies and on the left three rows of all kind of symbols. GREAT, BUT:
    Which one opens up the colour facilities? I see the big A (text color)but it doesnot open colour tablet. Is it another one? (like the very first
    which says "switch to WSYSIWYG? ( I feel sooooooooooooo totally embarrassed guys....)

C O N T I N U ES
    Last edited by amaryn; 05-08-2012 at 11:58 AM.

amaryn said:

Trying this out
    Now I sort of did it by chance Batelli, Amethystos and Catherini

To all three of you who cared: !

Now it's a matter of getting used to it, I suppose

catherini said:

Well done Amaryn you are a star pupil so pleased to have you functioning properly again

Tania ATL said:

Brilliant Too simple to think of it first... Well, sorry for delivering some hard minutes to you, Bat El, and thanks to Catherini for helping to all deprived users

Then the question is - why it was to set to 'basic editor'? Did you do it or it 'just was like that' from the very beginning?

bateli777 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Tania ATL View Post
    Brilliant Too simple to think of it first... Well, sorry for delivering some hard minutes to you, Bat El, and thanks to Catherini for helping to all deprived users

Then the question is - why it was to set to 'basic editor'? Did you do it or it 'just was like that' from the very beginning?
    Not only this has not been since the beginning BUT the features appeared in simple mode and you could have added them to every quick reply and not have to switch to advanced mode .....
    For me this is not going back to normal but finding what I need at a different place ....
    It's better than it used to be but not quite the same as in the past.
    And don't apologize Tania ...you've been a sweet
    Kalimera se olous
    Ploutarxos Gia Panta

amaryn said:

Hi everybody! Is this the technical thread which helps solve technical/ATL questions? It might be needed again for other questions....

Tania ATL said:

the features appeared in simple mode and you could have added them to every quick reply and not have to switch to advanced mode .....
    Some time ago we upgraded forum software to newer version, and for unknown reason this functional (rich text editor features in quick reply window) was removed by software developers. I've handled your request to our tech admin, may be he'll find the way to add it again.

Tania ATL said:

Hi everybody! Is this the technical thread which helps solve technical/ATL questions? It might be needed again for other questions....
    Such place is indeed needed. I think it'll be ok if technical requests are posted here, in AllTheLyrics.com section. I'll modify section's description.

bateli777 said:

I see you have intentions of settling down here............ have you brought any food with you?
    Ploutarxos Gia Panta

amaryn said:

I see you have intentions of settling down here............ have you brought any food with you?

Well, I love couscous, tabouleh, moussaka, indian and thai dishes shall we go for a picnic?

bateli777 said:

Well, I love couscous, tabouleh, moussaka, indian and thai dishes shall we go for a picnic?
    If only we were able to resolve the world's problem as easily as we do it here.....going out on a picnic .....
    Ploutarxos Gia Panta

amaryn said:

If only we were able to resolve the world's problem as easily as we do it here.....going out on a picnic .....

It helps though, Batelli, I am sure you are great company Take a cassette player with you to play Ploutarxos and Mitropanos CD's
    and maybe a nice winebottle from your country (do they grow wine there, by the way?).... Ploutarxos of course would insist on dolmades too