Trying to find the name and artists of country duet love song from 80's

Thread: Trying to find the name and artists of country duet love song from 80's

Tags: None
  1. ku4uv said:

Default Trying to find the name and artists of country duet love song from 80's

Hello forum members. I am new to the forum and trying to find the title and artists of a song I heard several months ago in a store I visited. I have tried Google and have not come up with anything. I remember hearing the song on the radio when I was a kid, and it kind of rang a bell when I heard it again, I just can't find out who sings it. Anyway, the song is a duet with a male and female singer. I believe it is a country music song, probably from the late 70's to early 80's time period. I'm not exactly sure of the lyrics, but I think they are close to, "You don't need me and I don't need you." sung first by the female and then this line is repeated by the male singer. The chorus is just something like, " La la la la la la la." Can anyone help me out on this one with just the little information I have to go on? Thanks for the help!

2. dianaoutwest said:

Hello!

Have you tried looking here?: http://www.amazon.com/Country-Hits-1.../dp/B000003A8I

3. julieg316 said:

Default It sounds like...Kenny Rogers and Dottie West, I dont need you.

Quote Originally Posted by ku4uv View Post
    Hello forum members. I am new to the forum and trying to find the title and artists of a song I heard several months ago in a store I visited. I have tried Google and have not come up with anything. I remember hearing the song on the radio when I was a kid, and it kind of rang a bell when I heard it again, I just can't find out who sings it. Anyway, the song is a duet with a male and female singer. I believe it is a country music song, probably from the late 70's to early 80's time period. I'm not exactly sure of the lyrics, but I think they are close to, "You don't need me and I don't need you." sung first by the female and then this line is repeated by the male singer. The chorus is just something like, " La la la la la la la." Can anyone help me out on this one with just the little information I have to go on? Thanks for the help!
    You are right, it is country and it is Kenny Rogers, and Dottie West. I dont need you I dont need friendship, and I dont need flowers in the spring. I dont need you baby and I know you dont need me. But we both want it bad enough, yes, we both want it dont we? etc.........

4. ku4uv said:

Quote Originally Posted by julieg316 View Post
    You are right, it is country and it is Kenny Rogers, and Dottie West. I dont need you I dont need friendship, and I dont need flowers in the spring. I dont need you baby and I know you dont need me. But we both want it bad enough, yes, we both want it dont we? etc.........
    No, I am familiar with the song by Kenny Rogers, but unfortunately that's not the song I heard. The male singer in the song has a deeper sounding sort of voice. I thought it might be Johnny Lee, but I don't think it's him, just a similiar voice. I can remember hearing this song when I was a kid, so I know it got some airplay back in the day. I have thought about trying to e-mail Mr. Bill Cody at WSM-AM radio in Nashville and see if he can tell me who the artists and song title might be. I know they have a lot of D.J.'s at WSM who have been in the business for many years. I myself used to work at some radio stations back in college in the mid 90's. One was an adult contempary and the other was country. Thanks to everyone who has responded to my post. Like I said, I may try WSM and let you know if they can help me. Thanks guys!