Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie Jasmine View Post
    Using the words of one of our best writers' songs is a wonderful idea! It speaks well of Doug's talent and of Zakynthos's perception of quality writing*!

* That is, I did not even mention Z's wonderful poetry and lyrics! But Z, your comment above is priceless too:

Shortness often grants songs that feeling of melancholy, like something that you will never know, eternally incomplete...
    Honestly, I don't think I am that good. Even though I have finished my English lessons (I had been studying it for 7 years, mostly grammar and vocabulary), there are still so many more things to learn.

Thanks

Zak; don't kid yourself,you ARE that good!That's why Frankie and I are such fans.Rock on!

Thanks

Defo agree with Doug. You rock. And I'm even a bit of an English grammar freak!

Thanks

I can definitely hear violins and especially the cello, as in Apocalyptica songs or - as you mentioned the Beatles: "Eleanor Rigby".
    Ravens are symbols of ugliness, but here the adding of the substantive "beauty" makes it all the more exciting.
    The short visit is also something typical of this bird. Swans are totally different, for example.
    So are owls, Doug
    I like this a lot.
    If Marianne Faithfull or Tom Waits with their rough voices would sing it, against a background of cellos and violins this could turn out to be a Smasher.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to amaryn For This Useful Post:
    Doug Denslowe (02-08-2013)

Thanks

Again,thank you for the kind words.It does kill me that this gem of a song,simply sits here,not being recorded!I have such hope that one day I'll get someone,anyone interested in recording this.The arrangement I have in mind is the reason I don't fear it being "stolen"as Frankie often remarks.(Her saying someone might steal this song is a big compliment.)I so wish I or some other vocalist would make this the Classic it's destined to be.(Or maybe,on this site,is where it's destined to be!)

Thanks

What happened to all the Edgar Allen Poe comparison Comments?
    Last edited by Doug Denslowe; 06-11-2013 at 02:25 AM.

Thanks

Ah, I can picture it in my head now. Lovely!
    ~Kerri Faye

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Denslowe View Post
    Again,thank you for the kind words.It does kill me that this gem of a song,simply sits here,not being recorded!I have such hope that one day I'll get someone,anyone interested in recording this.The arrangement I have in mind is the reason I don't fear it being "stolen"as Frankie often remarks.(Her saying someone might steal this song is a big compliment.)I so wish I or some other vocalist would make this the Classic it's destined to be.(Or maybe,on this site,is where it's destined to be!)
    It's funny that I too have a melody in mind, perhaps very different than yours. And I have to admit I catch myself singing this occasionally, really! "Raven Beauty" remains my personal favourite by you so far.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Zakynthos For This Useful Post:
    Doug Denslowe (11-09-2013)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12