Song I heard as a kid, but can't find

Thread: Song I heard as a kid, but can't find

Tags: None
  1. LiveMusic said:

Default Song I heard as a kid, but can't find

There was this song I heard as a kid, (in the early 2000s) I have spend hours trying to search it, but CANNOT find it and it is really bugging me. Either I misheard the lyrics or it does not exist.

Some of the lyrics I remember were "I'm a thief, i'm a robber.. i'm a...." (Not nessecarily in that order, I don't really remember the order.

Also there was something it there about grabbing his beer and smokes and running away.

It was a male singer, sounded like an Aussie accent from what I remember.

I also believe it was from around that same time I listened to it. (somewhere from 1999-2003)

That is all I can really remember at the momment. Any help would be much appreciated.

2. Fence Sitter said:

I'm sure I've heard a song with those same lyrics sung as part of an Australian comedy sketch. [I sort of remember a fair headed bloke with a big mustache, esky and beers somewhere in the scene]

There is something which don't exactly match the lyrics. I do remember a parody which I thought was of "I'm a woman" ... but it turns out it was a parody of "*****" by Meredith Brooks.

As it fits the time frame, it probably is

"Bloke" by Chris Franklin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFVedjvliWo

I think much earlier on, Paul Hogan as part of his show, also had a parody of "I'm a woman" but that was such a long time ago, I'm not sure what the words were.

It is perhaps a parody of a parody. I am certain I've heard a version with matching lyrics in the last couple of years.

Perhaps that's where I heard it last is in "Housos" which Chris appeared in. Pretty much it was a very funny comedy where many of the central characters are "wage deficient" and somewhat flawed.

3. Lapic O Mex said:

It's probably not this one but I'm so glad i remembered this song that I just wanted to share Good luck !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dEA8...eature=related