Pass people
    Like they weren't there
    Yes,it's true
    Life's not fair

Things get better
    Wait and see
    Change the channel
    On your T.V.

12/24/2008 Feel free to Comment. Good,Bad or Crazy,I want to hear it all. D.D.
    Last edited by Doug Denslowe; 10-22-2012 at 10:32 AM.

2. mexico62 said:

Hi Doug, this is good for relaxing, not any problems on mind, just enjoy some rhymes, while I see you on t.v. And talking about t.v. one good idea, why donīt you write something about wrestling, it would be amusing.
    The better about your lyrics is that you teach me to appreciate the rhymes in english, thank you. Gracias amigo

Doug Denslowe said:

Glad to do it,my friend!
    (See "The Wrestler")
    Written because he asked me to!
    Last edited by Doug Denslowe; 03-29-2014 at 10:38 AM.

4. mexico62 said:

Hi Doug, I heard in the news that T.V. is decreasing in popularity because internet is wining fans, so if T.V. desapears your lyrics could be historical, this could be in some years, who knows. But for now we can enjoy again your fine rhythm and rhymes. Gracias amigo Doug.

Frankie Jasmine said:

Like your lyrics, Doug! And this one has that D.D. little zinger at the end, too. Just so's we don't take you too seriously, I suppose.

Thank you for another good song, and one I think many, many people can identify with . . .

Doug Denslowe said:

This got almost no response...........up for second look..........

BackInBlack said:

I love this Doug! If only life was that easy... just change the channel. Cool stuff here.

Frankie Jasmine said:

Favorite, poignant line: "Just keep hoping for pretty things." Also a contrast to the empty-feeling expressed in the lyrics.

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie Jasmine View Post
    Favorite, poignant line: "Just keep hoping for pretty things." Also a contrast to the empty-feeling expressed in the lyrics.
    I'm so happy,actually thrilled,that you picked up on that line.When I was writing this,not in the best of moods,I was alone,on Christmas,yet again.Since my parents made Christmas the one time of the year,as a child,I looked forward to,it's such a let down as an "adult".The line "just keep hoping for pretty things" was me,in my own weird way,saying I'm lonely and wish I had a lady friend to share the holidays with.You know "pretty things" can have a lot of meanings,I just let you peek behind the curtain,something I advised you never to let people do!
    Last edited by Doug Denslowe; 03-18-2014 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Changed last line of post.

jessie zuppo said:

Doug,
    I actually like this piece. It is one of your shortest. With that being said, in every song/poem you write, you allow the reader to see a sliver, a glimpse of YOU. this is what I like about this. If we were to compile all of your work into an anthology in a timeline, at the end, the reader would KNOW you. I think this is of the utmost importance in writing. It's easy to write about abstract things, flowers, rain, beaches, etc...but to reveal to the world who YOU are, well that takes a brave soul. I do this as well. It's part of my personality. For you, I see it as a work in progress...the title TV is very telling on 2 levels. One- you were raised on television and love it as a media module.

Pass people
    Like they weren't there
    Yes, it's true
    Life's not fair

This is truly YOU. When I see you on the street, you have your hat on, your shades, and you acknowledge NO ONE...you could simply care less...kinda like, 'seen it, done it,'

All Alone
    on Christmas Eve

Again, a telling characteristic of you. You are a loner. and I also think this is a reality of your childhood. Even if you weren't literally 'alone' on Christmas, you most sincerely FELT LIKE YOU WERE.
    I like this....and I like how much you've evolved in your writing in 6 years.

xoxox

Jessie

Doug Denslowe said:

Yes......you do know me........WELL!The line "Nobody knows what tomorrow brings,Just keep hoping for pretty things"was a "distant call" to you.I know you probably "got" this,but didn't say something until,I now, confirmed it.You're are mentioned and hinted at in a lot of my songs/poems.I'm glad you still haven't "uncovered" them all!!!