80s french pop, uptempo, male singer?

Thread: 80s french pop, uptempo, male singer?

Tags: None
  1. pianoman74 said:

Default 80s french pop, uptempo, male singer?

Well I believe when somebody said this could be Alain Souchon, he/she was on the wrong track (in double sense).
    I had the occasion to listen to all his work relevant to this sample (from 1978 to 1988), and there was nothing that came even close. Also his close friend Laurent Voulzy didn't have anything appropriate.

http://www64.zippyshare.com/v/79725601/file.html

Please excuse the VERY bad quality.
    I EQ'd the sample a bit, so that you can understand some lyrics (if you know French well enough, that is, I don't get anything except for (une) étoile).

Does this ring any bells with you French folks out there? Any help will be appreciated.

cbwillallen25 said:

Man, I will definitely try to look more into this. This really sounds familiar, especially the singer's voice.
  3. Lapic O Mex said:

Michel berger ?

cbwillallen25 said:

To me it sounds like he is saying "l'amour c'est comme une etoile, tu es (l'amour?)". Kind of tough to make out everything he's saying but that's what I get so far. Hope it can help, I will continue to try.

Update, My Mom says she heard "va ou s'en va une etoile" which is where I thought it was everything before the comma.
    Last edited by cbwillallen25; 06-04-2012 at 07:26 PM.
  5. Mohamed Jebali said:

"l'amour semble à une étoile, (ce n'est à vous ... ?)" is more like it

cbwillallen25 said:

Quote Originally Posted by cbwillallen25 View Post
    To me it sounds like he is saying "l'amour c'est comme une etoile, tu es (l'amour?)". Kind of tough to make out everything he's saying but that's what I get so far. Hope it can help, I will continue to try.

Update, My Mom says she heard "va ou s'en va une etoile" which is where I thought it was everything before the comma.
    My Dad says he gets "l'amour s'en va une étoile" Mohamed's sounds pretty good. I'd say that Mohamed and what my Dad said sounds closer to what it is, if not one of them being correct.
  7. BlueNileFan said:

Tthis is what i am hearing - but no lyrics match

"Un beau soldat qui dévoile, payer sa bourde..." (payer sa bourde = punishment for gross misbehavior)
    "A good looking soldier who confides, paying for his bad..."

On top of that, i believe the singer might be a lady, deep voiced Dalida and her patented rolling R`s.

cbwillallen25 said:

I have a few questions.

1. I see the letters PTET between the date "52503" and Alain Souchon, do you know if it has anything to do with the song?
    2. Did you record it or know of who did?

Also I feel like whatever recording this is, it comes from the beginning of the song. So it is possible that the lyrics that were heard aren't in the title. It can have some influence on what the title could be IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNileFan View Post
    Tthis is what i am hearing - but no lyrics match

"Un beau soldat qui dévoile, payer sa bourde..." (payer sa bourde = punishment for gross misbehavior)
    "A good looking soldier who confides, paying for his bad..."

On top of that, i believe the singer might be a lady, deep voiced Dalida and her patented rolling R`s.
    Interesting Blue, and come to think of it Dalida isn't out of the question either. Very good to bring her up.

Also I just added it to youtube. The more attention the better. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxBrzlp6YgI
    Last edited by cbwillallen25; 06-05-2012 at 07:05 PM.
  9. pianoman74 said:

Oups, note to self, make your filenames less mysterious

PTET = peut-être = maybe. In full: "maybe Alain Souchon?"

And thanks for your efforts guys! It's almost hilarious the various "versions" you understood. This thread alone would make a great read in "amiright.com"

So it is possible that the lyrics that were heard aren't in the title
    As sure as 1 + 1 is 2. But I rather hoped to find some lyrics matches, however with only one word, this was a mission impossible :/

cbwillallen25 said:

Still looking on and off. It will be found, this isn't impossible. Also, the more I think about it, the singer sounds more like Dalida as Blue mentioned. She has a distinguished voice. There's is a certain sound it has. It isn't all feminine, if that makes sense. It is some masculinity in it. Think of a voice like Gloria Estefan. Another nice voice, that has a certain distinguishing sound to it. It could very well be Dalida, but she's someone that has a ton of songs with known lyrics. If that was her song, I would imagine that it would have been found, but I could be wrong. Also, for some reason I'm thinking that this song could be older than the 80's, and more like a 70's song.

As I searched again, it is not Dalida. Really because practically every song that I searched had known lyrics to it. It is a lesser known artist. As for Alain Souchon, it doesn't sound like his voice. While some recordings can really alter someone's voice to a certain point, I don't think it's him, which is really agreeing with pianoman.

For the record, the more I listen to the recording the more I feel like Mohamed (l'amour semble à une étoile) and my Dad (l'amour s'en vas une étoile) are very close, if not one of them right.

UPDATE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-0mLKNhFX0 Anyone think that this artist sounds similar to the one in the recording? Lapic O Mex may be on to something if that's the case.
    Last edited by cbwillallen25; 07-10-2012 at 08:52 PM. Reason: addition

cbwillallen25 said:

I would like to bump this up with a question. Where was the song recorded? Forgot to ask that previously.
  12. Lapic O Mex said:

I think it could be Michel Polnareff or Michel Delpech and i'm pretty sure the lyrics says "....a mis les voiles..." which means "has sailed away" ...still looking for a match .
  13. stefanto said:

I've got it !
    Rêveur for ever
    Paroles B. Droguet - Musique J.Falissard 1982
    Interprétée par J.Falissard
    http://www.le-cafe-du-monde.com/reveur.htm

cbwillallen25 said:

Excellent work stefanto, and Lapic O Mex for the a mis les voiles.
  15. pianoman74 said:

UN GRAND MERCI to stefanto, as the French say!

You're fantastic. I was not sure if you would be able to get the song with such few known things at hand.
    But these forums have been known to make such surprises happen each few days.
    Great!