Can someone please help me translate from English to Spanish please

Thread: Can someone please help me translate from English to Spanish please

Tags: None
  1. SomeGirI said:

Default Can someone please help me translate from English to Spanish please

Hola a todos, I need your help with the following:

- Good morning boss, how are you doing? (as in my manager at work)
    * Good morning Lisa, I am fine, and you?
    - I'm good, thank you. I want to ask you when we will receive our pay-check?
    * You will receive it at the end of the month, on the 28th of june to be precise.
    - Ok, do you mind if i go check my balance at the bank (consultar el saldo?)? I hope I have enough money to pay the bill from this week. (ojala que tenga suficiente dinero para pagar el proyecto de ley de esta semana?)
    * Yes go ahead. Could you get some money (sacar dinero?) for the company too? Here is the check, exchange it in money please and change the half of the currency in dollars (cambiar dinero?) so that we can pay our client.
    - Alright I will do that. By the way, do you know how to apply for a credit card?
    * If you go on the website of the local bank, you will see a form that you can fill in and print it out to send it to the bank. I suggest that you ask the employee at the bank for more information.
    - Ah yes I see, it is important (es importante que..?) to ask them for more information so I won't fill the form in wrong. It is very convenient (es conveniente que..? because i am going to the bank right now so i can ask them about this matter too.
    * Indeed, good luck. Be back in half an hour please, because we have to discuss kind of campaign (seportes publicitarios?) we will do for advertising our new product.

- I just got back, they told me i should fill in the form on the internet and send it to them by mail to apply for a credit card. Oh yes about the campaign, I was thinking (creo que?) tv ads, posters, radio commercials (una anuncio de television, folletos, una cuna de radio?). That way the new product will get a lot of attention from the public.
    * That's a good idea, I agree with you (yo tambien lo veo asi?) that with those advertising tools the new product will get a lot of attention. I will discuss it with another manager to see his opinion.
    - Tomorrow is Hugo's birthday, we should send him a birthday card and congratulate him on behalf of us all, what do you think?
    * Definitely! My birthday was a couple of weeks ago, i have invited you, why didn't you come? What a shame you did not come (que pena que no hayas venido?).
    - I am truly sorry, I would like you to come to my coming birthday and i hope to make it up with you (me gustaria que...?)
    * Ok we will do that, now let's get to work, we have a lot to do!

The words in the braces are the words i need to use, i have to use sentences with subjuntivo and futuro.

Thanks a lot in advancen!!!

2. mexico62 said:

Hi somegirl, hope I understood what you need, I made some sentences all in first person in future tense, into parenthesis I put some options you can use to change the meaning of the sentence.
    the indicative mode of a tense is in wich you can only affirm or deny something. (I put a * at the beggining of these sentences)
    the subjuntive express doubt, dessire, possibility (I put ** at the beggining of these sentences)

(consultar el saldo?)
    *(Yo) consultaré el saldo de mi tarjeta de crédito (de mi chequera, de mi cuenta de banco, etc),
    ** (Yo) debería consultar el saldo de mi tarjeta de crédito (antes de comprar ropa, de salir de viaje, etc)

(ojala que tenga suficiente dinero para pagar el proyecto de ley de esta semana)
    *(yo) tendré suficiente dinero....(en la quincena, el próximo mes)
    **(Yo) tendría suficiente dinero (si hiciera un ahorro, si no gastara tanto dinero, etc)

(sacar dinero)
    *(yo) sacaré dinero (del banco, del cajero, etc)
    ** Quizá mañana sacaré dinero (del banco, del cajero, etc)

(cambiar dinero?)
    * (yo) cambiaré dinero para (pagar a nuestros clientes, ir de vacaciones, etc)
    ** (Yo) hubiera cambiado dinero para (pagar a nuestros clientes, ir de vacaciones, etc)

(es importante que..?) (this expression helps to convert an affirmative or negative sentence into a subjuntive one)
    * (yo) revisaré (las cuentas, los adeudos, etc)
    ** será importante (revisar las cuentas, pagar las deudas, etc)

(es conveniente que..) (this expression helps to convert an affirmative or negative sentence into a subjuntive one)

* (Yo) presentaré (un estudio del proyecto, una buena opción de compra, etc)
    **Será conveniente (presentar un estudio del proyecto, comunicarnos con los clientes, etc)

(soportes publicitarios?) (nothing about this, sorry but has not verbs)

I was thinking (creo que?) (this is a word by word translation, (yo) estaba pensando)
    *(Yo) pensaré en una buena campaña publicitaria, un anuncio de television, folletos, etc)
    ** (Yo) estaba pensando que sería una buena campaña publicitaria (this is in a form of past tense).

(yo tambien lo veo asi?) ("estoy de acuerdo contigo", is a better translation of these expression)
    *(Yo) estaré contigo
    **(Yo) estaré de acuerdo contigo (si veo que tu idea es interesante, si nos conviene cerrrar el trato, etc)

(que pena que no hayas venido?).
    *(Yo) No vendré esta noche
    ** que pena si no puedo venir esta la noche

(me gustaria que...?)(this expression helps to convert an affirmative or negative sentence into a subjuntive one)
    ** Me gustará (verte en la noche, salir a bailar

Hope is what you need, I did my best, nice if it help you..n saludos desde México

Zahra2008 said:

- Good morning boss, how are you doing? (as in my manager at work)
    buenos días jefe, como esta?//formal way, the informal= como estas?
    * Good morning Lisa, I am fine, and you?
    Buenos días Liza, estoy bien, y tú?
    - I'm good, thank you. I want to ask you when we will receive our pay-check?
    estoy bien, gracias. Quiero preguntarte cuando recibiremos nuestro cheque de pago?
    * You will receive it at the end of the month, on the 28th of june to be precise.
    Lo recibirá al final del mes, el 28 de junio para ser precisa(a for female, o for male)
    - Ok, do you mind if i go check my balance at the bank (consultar el saldo?)? I hope I have enough money to pay the bill from this week. (ojala que tenga suficiente dinero para pagar el proyecto de ley de esta semana?)
    Ok, te molestaría si voy al banco a consultar mi saldo? Espero/ojala que tenga suficiente dinero para pagar las cuentas de esta semana
    * Yes go ahead. Could you get some money (sacar dinero?) for the company too? Here is the check, exchange it in money please and change the half of the currency in dollars (cambiar dinero?) so that we can pay our client.
    Si, hazlo. Podrías sacar algo de dinero de la compañía también? Aquí esta el cheque, cámbialo en dinero por favor y cambia la mitad de la cantidad en dolares, así podremos pagarle a nuestro cliente
    - Alright I will do that. By the way, do you know how to apply for a credit card?
    De acuerdo, lo haré. Por cierto, sabes como aplicar para una tarjeta de crédito?
    * If you go on the website of the local bank, you will see a form that you can fill in and print it out to send it to the bank. I suggest that you ask the employee at the bank for more information.
    Si entras al sitio web (a la pagina de internet) del banco, vas a mirar el formato que puedes llenar e imprimirlo para enviarlo al banco. Te recomiendo que preguntes al empleado del banco más información
    - Ah yes I see, it is important (es importante que..?) to ask them for more information so I won't fill the form in wrong. It is very convenient (es conveniente que..? because i am going to the bank right now so i can ask them about this matter too.
    oh si ya veo, es importante preguntarles más información para no llenar incorrectamente el formato. Es muy conveniente porque voy a ir al banco ahora mismo, así les puedo también preguntar sobre este asunto
    * Indeed, good luck. Be back in half an hour please, because we have to discuss kind of campaign (seportes publicitarios?) we will do for advertising our new product.
    Así es, buena suerte. Por favor regresa en una hora y media, porque necesitamos discutir un tipo de campaña que haremos para la publicidad de nuestro nuevo producto

- I just got back, they told me i should fill in the form on the internet and send it to them by mail to apply for a credit card.
    Acabo de regresar, me dijeron que debo de llenar el formato en internet y enviárselo por correo para aplicar para la tarjeta de crédito
    Oh yes about the campaign, I was thinking (creo que?) tv ads, posters, radio commercials (una anuncio de television, folletos, una cuna de radio?). That way the new product will get a lot of attention from the public.
    oh, si acerca de la campaña, estaba pensando en anuncios de televisión, posters/carteles, comerciales en el radio. De esa manera el producto llamara mucho la atención del público
    * That's a good idea, I agree with you (yo tambien lo veo asi?) that with those advertising tools the new product will get a lot of attention. I will discuss it with another manager to see his opinion.
    Es una buena ida, estoy de acuerdo contigo que con esas herramientas de publicidad el producto llamara mucho la atención. Lo discutiré con el otro gerente para ser su opinión
    - Tomorrow is Hugo's birthday, we should send him a birthday card and congratulate him on behalf of us all, what do you think?
    Mañana es el cumpleaños de Hugo, deberíamos enviarle una tarjeta de cumpleaños y felicitarle en nombre de todos nosotros, que piensas?/que te parece? que opinas?
    * Definitely! My birthday was a couple of weeks ago, i have invited you, why didn't you come? What a shame you did not come (que pena que no hayas venido?).
    Por supuesto, mi cumpleaños fue hace una semanas, yo te invite, por que no viniste? que pena que no hayas venido
    - I am truly sorry, I would like you to come to my coming birthday and i hope to make it up with you (me gustaria que...?)
    Realmente lo siento, me gustaría que vinieras a mi cumpleaños y espero compensarte
    * Ok we will do that, now let's get to work, we have a lot to do!
    ok/de acuerdo, haremos eso, ahora regresemos a trabajar, tenemos muchas que hacer!
    the first love is gone ... am waiting for the last one!!