On the go,fashion shows
    No time to stop
    Photo opps. about to drop
    It's time to cop
    Movie Stars,limo cars
    Then celebrate
    Overpaid,getting laid
    Ain't life great

PLEASE COMMENT;GOOD,BAD OR CRAZY. THANKS D.D.
    Last edited by Doug Denslowe; 10-22-2012 at 11:21 AM.

2. mexico62 said:

Hey Doug! nice way to talk about things that one could never imagine to write about, and very musical, I think this could be part of a musical or the theme of a models movie, you keep doing good things, please continue posting and good luck to find a musician to add notes to your words. Thank you again.

amaryn said:

Yep, DOUG! THIS I really like: one of your best observations about this mad mad world,lol:

It reminds me of the impossible task to avoid advertisement on the telly , for example, telling you what your cat wants, what you need to look great and the hairshampoo 37% better than the one before
    Are we able to beat this Miserable George Orwell Brother's Watching You anymore? It's a challenge.

THis is DOWN MY ALLEY,lol Thanks.

Doug Denslowe said:

This is the only song/poem I double posted.I liked it that much.It rocks right off the page!I wish I could play guitar,this would be on Youtube,yesterday!

amaryn said:

It could be a hit without any guitar,lol: it has the rhythm!

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by amaryn View Post
    It could be a hit without any guitar,lol: it has the rhythm!
    Don't I know it!It could even be a Rap song!That's me,Mr.Hip Hop!

curiosity_kills_the_cat said:

Now, do you rap? How do i get to hear you? On Youtube?

I love this Song/Poem...D'abord, the title is misleading. "Model Behaviour" sounds like good behaviour, measuring standard or attitude one should borrow a leaf from...well, i was pleasantly surprised.
    .Now coming to the subject, i think you described it to a T.

1st stanza...the unknown girl from "Scouted"
    2nd stanza...the 'Holly Madison type'
    3rd stanza...Heidi Klum.

Doug Denslowe said:

I am on YouTube,someone filmed me(just last week)singing Satisfaction!It's not a rap,but,one day I'll put "Louie the Lip"on YouTube,the Surf Punk version and the Rap version I sing around the house.Thanks for digging up one of my favorites "Model Behavior".When ever I heard the expression Model Behavior,concerning models,it was always bad behavior,like what I wrote in the Poem/Song.I'm glad you put it up for a few more to enjoy.

jessie zuppo said:

Doug,
    I DO like this one! This one is DEFINITELY good for song lyrics...and it could be any genre of music...I can see these lyrics being used in everything from hard rock, punk rock, all the way to country and even hip-hop. In that respect, it's awesome!

However, this one doesn't stick out as much as others (Wild West Jess, etc..) and I think that it's b/c your best poems and songs are written from the heart..so they convey passion and the reader can empathize with you and actually FEEL the song...I admire your attempt at trying something new...it's a very good piece of work.

Your other pieces have set the bar SO HIGH! You are truly gifted...stick to what you feel, your experiences and I think your writing will reflect who "Doug" is...try writing a piece using "I" statements. Write about yourself, not others....just to step out of your comfort zone and try something new...I'd love to see that!

Much love,
    Jessie

Frankie Jasmine said:

Jessie, I agree 99.9% with your comments on Model Behavior. My .1% disagreement is that I'm a personal fan of Doug's "character" songs, e.g., Gravedigger Kid, Pumpkin Head. etc.

Because I enjoy Doug's character songs does not mean I disagree with your comment about the advantages and draw of first-person writing, however!

------
    P.S. Jess, really enjoying your comments!
    Last edited by Frankie Jasmine; 08-22-2013 at 04:34 PM.

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie Jasmine View Post
    Jessie, I agree 99.9% with your comments on Model Behavior. My .1% disagreement is that I'm a personal fan of Doug's "character" songs, e.g., Gravedigger Kid, Pumpkin Head. etc.

Because I enjoy Doug's character songs does not mean I disagree with your comment about the advantages and draw of first-person writing, however!
    ------
    Wow,can this chick give critique?(I hope you'll excuse me calling you a chick, but I couldn't think of a better one)Since you've been away Jessie has taken up the slack on giving me the best critiques on my writing.I always awaited your comments on my songs when I first posted them and now Jessie is kind enough to give comment,but I email them to her individually!(one advantage of introducing an old friend to this site)Again,Thank You Frankie Jasmine,your wizardry is sorely missed around here.

jessie zuppo said:

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie Jasmine View Post

------
    I agree with you too! I feel that his 'character' songs are his signature...they all really are a personification of 'Dougie'...my suggestion was for him to try something out of his comfort zone (which only a very good writer could even venture to do) and attempt a first-person narrative. The connection one can make with a reader can make it or break it in the world of literature, as well as songwriting...

P.S. Love your comments as well--I feel like I KNOW you!!
    I will def. check out your work - no doubt that it's stellar!

jessie zuppo said:

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Denslowe View Post
    Wow,can this chick give critique?(I hope you'll excuse me calling you a chick, but I couldn't think of a better one)Since you've been away Jessie has taken up the slack on giving me the best critiques on my writing.I always awaited your comments on my songs when I first posted them and now Jessie is kind enough to give comment,but I email them to her individually!(one advantage of introducing an old friend to this site)Again,Thank You Frankie Jasmine,your wizardry is sorely missed around here.
    Yes, she can! As can you- I just wanted to say....LOOOVVVVINNNGGG that you used the word 'wizardry'...I'm a HUGE DORK..I subscribe to Dictionary.com and I get a Word of the Day and I jot it in my special "Dictionary.com" notebook...this one's going in the book, Dougie!

Frankie Jasmine said:

Quote Originally Posted by jessie zuppo View Post
    I agree with you too! . . .

P.S. Love your comments as well--I feel like I KNOW you!!
    I will def. check out your work - no doubt that it's stellar!
    Wow! Thanks, Jess... ...and Doug, too!

And Jessie, the point you made* ... you'd made before. I just didn't properly hear it the first time. Thanks for reiterating!

* P.S. That is, the point you made in your post #12
    Last edited by Frankie Jasmine; 08-23-2013 at 05:42 PM. Reason: add P.S.

Kerri Faye Yates said:

I love it because I sense the sarcasm. Is it just me? I'm diggin' it.
    ~Kerri Faye

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by Kerri Faye Yates View Post
    I love it because I sense the sarcasm. Is it just me? I'm diggin' it.
    Me?Sarcastic?Never!(after you get to know me,you'll know I'm totally sarcastic,but I try not to "step on anybody's toes)