Özcan Deniz – Öldür Beni

Thread: Özcan Deniz – Öldür Beni

Tags: None
  1. minervajane said:

Default Özcan Deniz – Öldür Beni

please I want to know what it means and I can't find any translation of it, I'll really appreciate it
    Özcan Deniz – Öldür Beni

Bir sigara elimde, çöktüm duvar dibine
    Gidişini seyretmek dayanılmaz işkence
    Çivilendim yerimde tutuldu ağzım dilim
    Sanki bir el tabancı patladı yarı beynimde
    Çivilendim yerimde tutuldu ağzım dilim
    Sanki bir el tabancı patladı yarı beynimde

Öldür beni, öldür öyle git
    Öldür beni yar
    Yüreğim elinde paramparça, öldür de git yar x 2

Vazgeçmek kolay değil o güzel gözlerinden
    Gülüşünden, teninden, kokundan, ellerinden
    Düşünmek bile kabus başkasının olmalı
    Hani bir kız bir erkek çocuğumuz olacaktı
    Düşünmek bile kabus başkasının olmanı
    Hani bir kız bir erkek çocuğumuz olacaktı

Öldür beni, öldür öyle git
    Öldür beni yar
    Yüreğim elinde paramparça, öldür de git yar x 2
    Nasıl olsa sensiz yaşayamam, öldür öyle git yar

{Öldür beni, öldür öyle git}
    {Öldür beni yar}
    Last edited by ercmnt; 06-10-2012 at 07:10 AM. Reason: Title edit. For later to be found easily

partizanka said:

Özcan Deniz – Öldür Beni // Kill Me

Bir sigara elimde, çöktüm duvar dibine / (With) A cigarette in my hand, I collapsed against a wall
    Gidişini seyretmek dayanılmaz işkence / Watching you leave is an unbearable torture
    Çivilendim yerimde tutuldu ağzım dilim / I was paralyzed in my place, tongue-tied
    Sanki bir el tabanca patladı yar beynimde / (It was) As if a shot was fired to my brain, beloved
    Çivilendim yerimde tutuldu ağzım dilim / I was paralyzed in my place, tongue-tied
    Sanki bir el tabanca patladı yar beynimde / As if a shot was fired to my brain, beloved

Öldür beni, öldür öyle git // Kill me, (just) kill me go
    Öldür beni yar / Kill me, dear
    Yüreğim elinde paramparça, öldür de git yar x 2 / My heart is shattered in your hand, kill me and go, my love

Vazgeçmek kolay değil o güzel gözlerinden / It's not easy to escape/give up from those beautiful eyes of yours
    Gülüşünden, teninden, kokundan, ellerinden / From your laughter, your skin, your scent, your hands
    Düşünmek bile kabus başkasının olmanı / Even thinking that you will belong to someone else is a nightmare
    Hani bir kız bir erkek çocuğumuz olacaktı / We were supposed to have a son and daughter, remember?
    Düşünmek bile kabus başkasının olmanı / It's a nightmare just thinking that you belong to someone else
    Hani bir kız bir erkek çocuğumuz olacaktı / Weren't we going to have a son and daughter?

Öldür beni, öldür öyle git / Kill me, kill like that, go
    Öldür beni yar / Kill me, beloved
    Yüreğim elinde paramparça, öldür de git yar x 2 / My heart is in pieces in your hand, kill (me) and go, dear
    Nasıl olsa sensiz yaşayamam, öldür öyle git yar / Anyway, I can't live without you...

{Öldür beni yar}

Further corrections always welcome. "Rica ederim"
    Last edited by partizanka; 06-08-2012 at 05:31 AM. Reason: Some small corrections to the Turkish text were made... thanks
    non mi avrete mai come volete voi
    mirno spavaj sestro.

3. selim said:

Default to Partizanka

Hani bir kız bir erkek çocuğumuz olacaktı / We were supposed to have a son and daughter, remember?
    Hani bir kız bir erkek çocuğumuz olacaktı / Weren't we going to have a son and daughter?
    Hi Partizanka,

it's better to translate them simply as
    we would have a son and A daughter, do/did you remember?

or to be more explanatory perhaps as
    we have decided to have one son, one daughter, do/did you remember?

Now coming to the main subject

..., öldür öyle git / ..., kill like that, go [INCORRECT]
    ... öldür de git... / ..., kill me and go,...
    in fact "öldür öyle git" and "öldür de git" may be considered as being
    equivalent of one another and be used interchangeably.

"öyle" indicates a sequentiality (*couldn't find in dict. so let's say sequential operation),
    simply stated, "finish whatever you are doing THEN do the next, so
    we shall make use of "then" in translating "öyle" in this sense, i.e.

..., öldür öyle git / ..., kill, then go... with any suitable variation, of course.

... but if you insist "no! <öyle> means <like that> in this sentence", though much unlikely,
    I can't object, and would say "then the translation has to be as

<... öldür! öyle git! -> kill ! go like that!> and NOT <kill like that, go [INCORRECT]>"

for the reason that backward translation of
    "kill like that, go" is "öyle öldür git"

I have given you three angles among the many, and with your knowledge of the language
    I'm sure you will handle the rest. See you

sleepy night with no desire to sleep
    four in the morning darkness where others kip
    having the least strength to raise pen
    things for sure will be apt to slip

seLimmm

partizanka said:

Hi selim,
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by selim View Post

I understand you here and don't disagree. But to me, in English, they all seem very very similar in meaning. The difference seems more stylistic to me. And "we would have/we have decided" sounds rather too formal in English.

"öyle" indicates a sequentiality (*couldn't find in dict. so let's say sequential operation),
    I don't think I've learnt this sequencing use of the word before, so thank you. It makes sense to me, and I will/do not insist that it means only "like that"... Translating is rarely so simple that such a word always will give the same meaning.

I appreciate it.
    Until next time...
    non mi avrete mai come volete voi
    mirno spavaj sestro.

5. minervajane said:

Quote Originally Posted by partizanka View Post
    Özcan Deniz – Öldür Beni // Kill Me

Bir sigara elimde, çöktüm duvar dibine / (With) A cigarette in my hand, I collapsed against a wall
    Gidişini seyretmek dayanılmaz işkence / Watching you leave is an unbearable torture
    Sanki bir el tabanca patladı yar beynimde / (It was) As if a shot was fired to my brain, beloved
    Sanki bir el tabanca patladı yar beynimde / As if a shot was fired to my brain, beloved

Öldür beni, öldür öyle git // Kill me, (just) kill me go
    Öldür beni yar / Kill me, dear
    Yüreğim elinde paramparça, öldür de git yar x 2 / My heart is shattered in your hand, kill me and go, my love

Vazgeçmek kolay değil o güzel gözlerinden / It's not easy to escape/give up from those beautiful eyes of yours
    Gülüşünden, teninden, kokundan, ellerinden / From your laughter, your skin, your scent, your hands
    Düşünmek bile kabus başkasının olmanı / Even thinking that you will belong to someone else is a nightmare
    Düşünmek bile kabus başkasının olmanı / It's a nightmare just thinking that you belong to someone else

Öldür beni, öldür öyle git / Kill me, kill like that, go
    Öldür beni yar / Kill me, beloved
    Yüreğim elinde paramparça, öldür de git yar x 2 / My heart is in pieces in your hand, kill (me) and go, dear
    Nasıl olsa sensiz yaşayamam, öldür öyle git yar / Anyway, I can't live without you...

{Öldür beni yar}

Further corrections always welcome. "Rica ederim"
    Thank u soooo soooo much for ur help I really appreciate it, u r so generous to spend such time in translating it, thanks again and wish u all the best

6. minervajane said:

thanks a lot Selim for the corrections and the care that u gave for my request, I appreciate the effort and very grateful, thanks

7. minervajane said:

Quote Originally Posted by selim View Post

Hi Partizanka,

Now coming to the main subject

..., öldür öyle git / ..., kill, then go... with any suitable variation, of course.

... but if you insist "no! <öyle> means <like that> in this sentence", though much unlikely,
    I can't object, and would say "then the translation has to be as

<... öldür! öyle git! -> kill ! go like that!> and NOT <kill like that, go [INCORRECT]>"

for the reason that backward translation of
    "kill like that, go" is "öyle öldür git"

I have given you three angles among the many, and with your knowledge of the language
    I'm sure you will handle the rest. See you

sleepy night with no desire to sleep
    four in the morning darkness where others kip
    having the least strength to raise pen
    things for sure will be apt to slip

seLimmm
    thanks a lot Selim for the corrections and the care that u gave for my request, I appreciate the effort and very grateful, thanks