Solved: "radio 60"? "radio 16"? in 1989 TV movie

Thread: Solved: "radio 60"? "radio 16"? in 1989 TV movie

Tags: None
  1. simnia said:

Default Solved: "radio 60"? "radio 16"? in 1989 TV movie

Here's the second of three songs I'd like to identify from the 1989 movie "Little Sweetheart".

I made an mp3 clip of the film at that point, but the song is playing very softly in the background on the radio behind the dialog so you have to turn this clip way up to hear the music...

http://www.divshare.com/download/18229242-9ab

It sounds to me like the male singer is saying "radio 60" or "radio 16" or maybe "only 16" repeatedly, and I can hear the words "get away" and (I believe) "radio" at another point, but that's about all I can discern for lyrics. There is a strings keyboard playing accompaniment. Obviously this is '80s music, and the singer sounds somewhat like the singer of the group ABC to me. I listened to some When In Rome songs but other than their strings, their style doesn't sound very similar to me. I Googled the lyrics but nothing I found was similar.

Again, the movie's end credits list the following songs as possibilities, but these are very obscure songs whose spellings could be in error...

"REACH FOR THE NIGHT" PERFORMED BY WHEN IN ROME
    COMPOSER THOMAS PRODUCER KEN THOMAS

"RADIO CITY" PERFORMED BY COLIN ELSEWOOD [sic: should be ELSWOOD]
    COMPOSED BY P. BELLOTTE G. PLEETH RECORDED BY P. BELLOTTE FOR GLEN MUSIC
    PUBLISHED BY GLEN MUSIC LTD. . CHELSEA MUSIC PUB CO. LTD.

"TOO RICH" PERFORMED BY RAF RAVENSCROFT & JULIAN LIPPMAN
    COMPOSED BY RAF RAVENSCROFT . JULIAN LIPPMAN . FRANKIE MADRID
    PRODUCED FOR & LICENSED BY COSMICSPHERE PUBLISHED BY COSMICSPHERE LEOSONG

----------

6-8-12: After I posted this I realized what a stupid mistake I had made. The answer was right in front of my eyes: "Radio City". Sorry, I pasted that last section of candidate songs that included "Radio City" as an afterthought, without having had access to it while I was writing up my post. Now the hard part will be finding a copy of that very obscure song.
    Last edited by simnia; 06-13-2012 at 08:11 PM. Reason: misspellings