Walking Contridiction

Thread: Walking Contridiction

Tags: doug denslowe song, walking contridiction, wild west jess

Doug Denslowe said:

When I was trying to explain the vocal style of the Lyrics(there I go Capitalizing words again!)I said in "pain"only as a vocal sound.Let me ask you this;does Janis sound like she's in a little pain while singing "Ball and Chain"?Now maybe you'll understand the vocal style I was attempting to explain.Not in pain,literally,but in such ecstasy,that is almost sounds that way.I hope this explanation helps a little.

curiosity_kills_the_cat said:

Great song, leaves me ambivalent (afterall it's a walking contradiction)

Have you really given up on Love?

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by curiosity_kills_the_cat View Post
    Great song, leaves me ambivalent (afterall it's a walking contradiction)

Have you really given up on Love?
    But,I'm still a man!

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Denslowe View Post
    But,I'm still a man!
    Ah, i get the point.

But,I'm still a man!
    Ah, i get the point.

Sorry for the double post.

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by curiosity_kills_the_cat View Post
    Sorry for the double post.
    Double the pleasure,Double the fun
    With Doublemint,Doublemint
    Doublemint Gum
    Last edited by Doug Denslowe; 03-24-2013 at 08:30 AM.

jessie zuppo said:

Doug,

I would have to thoroughly and critically look at your entire body of work to see if this is still my 'favorite'.

What I LOVE @ it is the chorus-- for the first time i actually 'sung' this piece of work, instead of just reading it. It is most. def. an excellent song- the rhythm is there, the beat is there, the chorus is there- this song has the ingredients to be a great pop song!

Yes, I do love it..one of the reasons I love it is b/c it is written using "I" statements. This beckons the reader in and keeps them focused through the entire song and gives them a glimpse into who YOU, AS A PERSON, NOT AS A SONGWRITER, are!!

That level of honesty, vulnerability, and transparency is very attractive to readers b/c they can RELATE to you- this is a reason that this one could be a hit, the more relate-able you are to an audience, the more popular the song is.

Jess

jessie zuppo said:

But,I'm still a man!
    If you don't mind Doug, I'd like to answer this- from my perspective, of course, I, in no way, am trying to put words in your mouth, but I think a little BIO. on you could help others really get this song.

Others,
    I have known Doug for over 10 years- in that time- he got to witness my 'lovely, classy, and graceful' (LOL!!!) transition from rebellious punk rock teen to, well, let's just put it this way- have any of you ever seen "Bad Girls Club Miami, LA, etc"? Yeah, that was me- and Doug saw it all. The point being in that entire turbulent time of my life, Doug was my rock, my stability. He knew who he was, had self confidence and self esteem that came from within.

Doug has never and will never give up on love...he has come to a point in his life where he is completely fine with being alone (not to be confused with 'lonely') He's very laidback... if he were to meet the right person, he'd take it one day, one hour, one moment at a time and see where it goes...

He is not bitter or vengeful- he uses humor to mask his pain- but, no, Doug has not given up on love, he's given up on SEARCHING for something that does not exist- and that's just called being mature

thanks,
    Jessie

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by jessie zuppo View Post
    Doug,

I would have to thoroughly and critically look at your entire body of work to see if this is still my 'favorite'.

What I LOVE @ it is the chorus-- for the first time i actually 'sung' this piece of work, instead of just reading it. It is most. def. an excellent song- the rhythm is there, the beat is there, the chorus is there- this song has the ingredients to be a great pop song!
    Yes, I do love it..one of the reasons I love it is b/c it is written using "I" statements. This beckons the reader in and keeps them focused through the entire song and gives them a glimpse into who YOU, AS A PERSON, NOT AS A SONGWRITER, are!!!
    That level of honesty, vulnerability, and transparency is very attractive to readers b/c they can RELATE to you- this is a reason that
    this one could be a hit, the more relate-able you are to an audience, the more popular the song is.

Jess
    When Wild West Jess gives this kind of response......I'm speechless!You,like Frankie Jasmine before you,give the best critiques I've ever read.I think this used to be your favorite song of mine because i put myself down and at the time that appealed to you!It's one of my favorites too,and I hope to record this someday soon.Thanks again for the critique!Also,thanks for "Liking" my Doublemint Remark.I'm glad at least someone gets the joke!
    Last edited by Doug Denslowe; 09-08-2013 at 12:32 AM. Reason: Doublemint remark

11. MrGore said:

this is pretty sweet dude, theres several lines in here that I can personally relate to, it seems really legit, stay real bro

Johnb31 said:

I thought I would give you some likes Doug!!!! I still love this song a true testament to my own life.
    There is not enough space or time to truly let the song unwind

13. Peter Both said:

Doug, if you have a wish list songs you'd like to set to music, I'd put this one on top. it's like the emotion builds up in the verses and then it is released full throttle in the chorus. I'm thinking of songs like Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit or Boston's More Than a Feeling. Melodious and subdued verses, an explosion of raw power in the choruses.

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by MrGore View Post
    this is pretty sweet dude, theres several lines in here that I can personally relate to, it seems really legit, stay real bro
    Thanks MG!You,like me,seem to be two separate indenities.I mean in your writing style.I write the "silly love songs" and also some weird Westerns.I'm glad you replied on this,one of my favorite songs I've written.

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by Johnb31 View Post
    I thought I would give you some likes Doug!!!! I still love this song a true testament to my own life.
    Yeah,John when I saw the "17 Notifications" overnight,and hadn't written anything new,I thought I must have struck a chord in one of my "comments"!It was just you,"liking"every reply on this thread!Thanks,dude

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Both View Post
    Doug, if you have a wish list songs you'd like to set to music, I'd put this one on top. it's like the emotion builds up in the verses and then it is released full throttle in the chorus. I'm thinking of songs like Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit or Boston's More Than a Feeling. Melodious and subdued verses, an explosion of raw power in the choruses.
    Thanks,Peter,that is high praise.I think one reason people "like" this piece is I "explained" how it's to be sung.This is always a big plus,at least to me.Most of my songs have been performed by my various bands and guitar players.After not playing in a band,for a long while,I decided to post them here.I hope I'll be able to record a couple soon,as they have great music to accompany the lyrics I wrote.

Frankie Jasmine said:

Doug, is this your Most-Replied-To Song??? ...
    Also, looks as though this song and others of yours are getting a resurgence! PLUS you continue to make engaging new ones, like French Fry Cool ....

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie Jasmine View Post
    Doug, is this your Most-Replied-To Song??? ...
    Also, looks as though this song and others of yours are getting a resurgence! PLUS you continue to make engaging new ones, like French Fry Cool ....
    No,"Honesty" is....by a long shot!Well,YOU finally gave a reply!This was one of the few you didn't comment on!What can I say?It rings true with a lot of people!I hope you read your shout out on comment #30!!
    Last edited by Doug Denslowe; 09-22-2013 at 11:57 PM. Reason: "by a long shot"

Frankie Jasmine said:

No,"Honesty" is....by a long shot!Well,YOU finally gave a reply!This was one of the few you didn't comment on!What can I say?It rings true with a lot of people!I hope you read your shout out on comment #30!!
    Shout out duly received. Thanks, Doug.

Doug Denslowe said:

Let's see if anybody else wants to comment..........