I've given up on love
    But,I'm still a man

A Walking Contradiction
    Only known bad luck
    A Walking Contradiction
    Feel like giving up

I'm a Walking Con---tra---dic---ti---oooooooooon
    I'm a Walking Con---tra---dic---ti---oooooooooon
    I'm a Walking Con---tra---dic---ti---oooOOOoooOOOoooOOOoooOOOoooOOOooon.....End
    Last edited by Doug Denslowe; 04-10-2014 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Con---tra---dic---ti---oooooooooooooooon

Jim Colyer said:

This lyric flows and will fall into a melody very easy. I like it. Maybe because I am contradiction myself. Should I say paradox?
    Jim Colyer Girl albums

Doug Denslowe said:

Cool Walking Contridiction

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Colyer View Post
    This lyric flows and will fall into a melody very easy. I like it. Maybe because I am contradiction myself. Should I say paradox?
    You can sing,"I'm A Walking Con-----tra--------dic-------tion----------"
    Contridiction can be sung or wailed on like you're in pain or whatever your vocal can bring to it.
    The Bass Guitar thumps the each syllable Wal---king Con---tra---dic---ti---oooooooooon
    With the last one (oooooooooon)being a solid wall of sound!

There,I tried to explain this as best I could,so dig it!!!!
    I'm unable to correct the misspelling of Contradiction in all the places I misspelled it,but I did the best I could.
    Last edited by Doug Denslowe; 01-11-2013 at 09:45 AM. Reason: To explain stuff to my fans!!!

4. Tomatomic said:

dude i think you've hit on the one flaw in every human alive. the rhythm works really well and when combined with the detailed imagery i picture something emotive and both really ****ing heavy at the same time. with regards to the chorus i can picture a randy blythe kind of madness. \m/ rock on dude!

Doug Denslowe said:

I found out Green Day has a song with the same title.Ah,but I misspelled my title.so there!Now if you Google Walking Contridiction it will put this on top!Finally...........respect,cause this is way better lyrics than Green Days,look and see for yourself!
    Last edited by Doug Denslowe; 04-16-2013 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Green Day Comment

6. mexico62 said:

Hi Doug, I´m not kidding (making a joke), if you don´t hurry to make a video of your songs I will learn to play gitar an make some hits with your lyrics, and this is not a contridictiooooooooooOOOOOoooooooon. Gracias amigo we have Good rock tonightĄ

Johnb31 said:

I love this Doug its so catchy and I can relate to it really well lol.

Teshka said:

i'm "liking the hell out of this" lol, as a song it comes across really great! and yea like tomatomic said its got a little too much truth

I'm hearing most of the chorus in a minor key.....yes or no?
    Music is what feelings sound like
    Listen to the Love
    ~♥♥~

Doug Denslowe said:

I'm a drummer.......how should I know lol!!!!!

Teshka said:

so the contradiction is even worse than we thought???
    so I will advise you, yea if not in a minor key then the chorus should be sung a little off key
    Music is what feelings sound like
    Listen to the Love
    ~♥♥~

Doug Denslowe said:

It's in the KEY THAT WORKS FOR YOU!!Tess,sing it,let me know if it's a minor key or not.I'll take your word,if it comes up again.Thanks for the interest,I sincerely appreciate it.It should be really easy to play (pound out)on a piano!Most of my songs are 3
    Chords,so they're super simple to learn!
    After thinking about it,the chorus is sung in a different pitch than the verses.Does that help you with your inquiry?It should be apparent how it's sung,I wrote it!!!
    Last edited by Doug Denslowe; 08-25-2012 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Afterthought

MoonRide*r* said:

If I sing it, it'll be in a minor off-tune key fo' sho'!

Doug, I believe I read and/or got the impression somewhere that your wannabe songwriter-partners don't hold a candle to your writing talents. So when are you gonna learn that guitar and go solo? Did you know that the legendary-guitar-picker B.B. King had to really struggle to learn a guitar, and to this day (as I heard it) still claims that he can only play a few basic chords? Dig it dude. This lyric is kicking and screaming to be sung and recorded.
    There is no glamour in sudden death, and nobody ever wins a war.
    :
    Rockers Unite! =>
    ROCK 'n' Roll Halls of Fame

Doug Denslowe said:

Moon;I gonna HAVE to take your advice.I bought a guitar over a year ago,and it has stood in it's stand since I brought it home.I'm going to get off my lazy a** and learn to play.I keep hearing from my old cronies that they're recording and want to record a song I co-wrote with them.(I haven't posted it,still hoping that it happens one day.It's without a doubt,the best love song.........I've ever written(it may be the only one,but I can say without bragging,it's my best song,by a LONGSHOT)It's so unlike anything I've written before or after,that I keep hoping it will happen.It's a song that begs to be covered by the great singers.I'll post it,if it doesn't happen soon,but I'd love to record it so it can be heard instead or just read.Wish me luck and Thanks for your kind words.You too,Tess!(hope the both of you are feeling better!)
    Last edited by Doug Denslowe; 08-26-2012 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Censorship Problems

MoonRide*r* said:

Sounds like a plan Doug! I know how it is, I tried learning the sax about 5 years ago, even bought a cheap one to keep around and play with whenever I could. But it just looked so good sitting on that stand! I got to where I could play the "Duke of Earl" vocal-accompaniment melody, but never could get the hang of the left-hand keys...valves...whatever. So I'll just wish you a ton more luck than I had and looking forward to some day soon when somebody's ears will perk up to that song playing on the radio and then I can say "I know that guy!!"
    There is no glamour in sudden death, and nobody ever wins a war.
    :
    Rockers Unite! =>
    ROCK 'n' Roll Halls of Fame

Doug Denslowe said:

My hope is by posting these Lyrics,SOMEONE might be inspired to put them to music.Who knows,maybe ,someday,someone that needs some Lyrics that are super-easy to put to music,will.I don't know,has ANYBODY,ever had a fellow member of this site put their songs to music?I've had three people contact me(2 by PM)to record my Lyrics,to never be heard from again.I don't want to let mexico62 down,so I'm determined to have my songs recorded.I hope I can learn to play guitar,it's looks like I'm the only one that will play my songs.Oh,well!P.S.Moon,let me know if you do sing it,I'd love to know Tess' opinion of your vocal treatment!
    Last edited by Doug Denslowe; 08-27-2012 at 12:41 AM. Reason: P.S.Remark

amaryn said:

As a guitarist I'd say: let this song burst out in ironic major keys! If involving any whining, like prairy dogs in Australia, let it sound jolly.
    This song asks for contradictions in music too: moaning in major is my message!!!
    I can't see it otherwise

Such a recognizable song, Doug Have my sympathy,lol

Doug Denslowe said:

Amaryn,
    Thank you for taking the time to Comment on this Song Lyric.It's not whining;more like singing with passion,delight or pain.Depending what the vocalist can bring to the song.I've always had a little trouble singing the Con-tra-dic-tion part on key throughout the song.A great vocalist could bring a lot to the vocal.If I do record this,I'll definitely let you know.And you too,Tess!
    Last edited by Doug Denslowe; 01-11-2013 at 09:46 AM.

18. LooknGlass said:

Doug this is probably my favorite one of yours so far!! "Ever seen in life" I would probably put a "My" in there (But I have a habit of over wording) but regardless, this is some good stuff. Great job.

Doug Denslowe said:

@Rickey and LooknGlass,
    Coming from youse guys,I'm so flattered.I kinda thought this would appeal to Rickey,but I'm glad you liked it too Mr.Glass!About the "my"life;that's the way I'd say it,for purposes like Song Lyrics,I tend to try to get a certain feel,as far as the beat or rhythm is concerned.Also,I was hanging out with folks who spoke dat way.
    Note:Rickey had commented but due to being banned,his reply had been deleted.
    Last edited by Doug Denslowe; 09-08-2013 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Rickey note

amaryn said:

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Denslowe View Post
    Amaryn,
    Thank you for taking the time to Comment on this Song Lyric.It's not whining;more like singing with passion,delight or pain.Depending what the vocalist can bring to the song.I've always had a little trouble singing the Con-tra-dic-tion part on key throughout the song.A great vocalist could bring a lot to the vocal.If I do record this,I'll definitely let you know.And you too,Tess!
    I'll have to come over to the studio in Cisco in that case: I WUV SINGING! ( never off key,lol )

PS: Singing with delight I'd say, as that would reflect better the contradiction than singing with pain....