Uncle Sam Scam

Thread: Uncle Sam Scam

Tags: doug denslowe song, octomom, uncle sam

Doug Denslowe said:

Cool Uncle Sam Scam

It's 3:00 in the morning on the West Coast,I'm watching Married with Children on TBS.I came across this poem I wrote in February of '09.I don't remember writing this,but somebody may like it.Doug

Firetrucks screaming
    To rescue some bum
    Thugs ripping and robbing
    On the run

New officials elected
    On with the show
    Finding new ways
    To waste taxpayers dough

Be the first one
    On your block
    To have 14 kids
    Out of wedlock

Wall street falling
    More each day
    Don't tell me
    Crime don't pay

Everything in life
    Is a scam
    Mother,apple pie
    And Uncle Sam

I guess I was influenced by Wall St. And Octomom.How about you?

Dead JaSMiNe said:

Great One and thanx for clarifying wht does uncle sam stand for
    I love such poems which describe our daily life
    and the bitter reality we live in
    and political games.

I Here A CrY !!

3. mexico62 said:

Hi Doug, I came back to read this poem, and I was sure I wrote a comment about this good work you did, but I donīt see it, I donīt know if maybe I sent you a PM, but anyway I must remember you that I told you then that I like that you are worrying about the politics, and that I didnīt know until then who octomom was.
    I saw in lyrics review forum some lyrics that are related to this, and I hope some politician friends get the point to start doing something good for the sake of all the human kind. Gracias amigo Doug.

Doug Denslowe said:

Thanks for the kind words.I'm glad you know who Octomom is,for awhile,she was the biggest celebrity on earth!Dead JaMINE asked me who Uncle Sam was.Sometimes I forget how international this site is.Just in case:Uncle=United Sam=States
    I hope this clears up any questions about what I was referring to.

5. mexico62 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Denslowe View Post
    Thanks for the kind words.I'm glad you know who Octomom is,for awhile,she was the biggest celebrity on earth!Dead JaMINE asked me who Uncle Sam was.Sometimes I forget how international this site is.Just in case:Uncle=United Sam=States
    I hope this clears up any questions about what I was referring to.
    Yes, I remember an old poster from the first or second world war, Uncle Sam telling the young boys, while he is pointing with the index finger (or forefinger), "I Want You" (for USA army). Thanks amigo Doug.

Doug Denslowe said:

You're Welcome!

Frankie Jasmine said:

Hey, Doug--a poem! And yours is back at the top. I'm glad!

Teshka said:

yea and thanks for bumping it bcs i saw this before but missed even reading it. Doug maybe you should visit Moon's Philosolophies of governance thread if you can swim through all of the long essays that are there. Anyway i like this and i agree! thats all i'll bother to say here
    Music is what feelings sound like
    Listen to the Love
    ~♥♥~

Teshka said:

and i think that posts like this one should get a bump every day till the elections are over
    Music is what feelings sound like
    Listen to the Love
    ~♥♥~

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by Teshka View Post
    and i think that posts like this one should get a bump every day till the elections are over
    I agree!

MoonRide*r* said:

Doug, Octomon sounds like one of those things I've purposely avoided getting familiar with over the years.... like Al Bundy, Ozzie Osbourne, Roll-Ups, and, erm, recyclable underwear?

Anyway.....

Bump
    There is no glamour in sudden death, and nobody ever wins a war.
    :
    Rockers Unite! =>
    ROCK 'n' Roll Halls of Fame

amaryn said:

may the walls of Wallstreet come tumbling down! I've always had a big desire to put speculators in the bin!

well said and well done, Doug.

any chance .....?

Doug Denslowe said:

Thanks amaryn.Any chance What?Don't know what you meant.Do tell!

amaryn said:

Thanks amaryn.Any chance What?Don't know what you meant.Do tell!

Hi Doug! Any chance.... for more of your poetry in the near future again,lol? You have again such a refreshing style of your own

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by amaryn View Post
    Hi Doug! Any chance.... for more of your poetry in the near future again,lol? You have again such a refreshing style of your own
    Thanks again amaryn.I gave you my answer on your profile page.Some suggestions of what and where to find my other poetry/song lyrics.

amaryn said:

Ploughing through your poetry is going to make me forget the winter, I hope

It looks more than just a promise! Thanx for the reply

Doug Denslowe said:

Ploughing through your poetry is going to make me forget the winter, I hope

It looks more than just a promise! Thanx for the reply
    Amaryn,I hope that you have Heavy Equipment while plowing through my Poetry.I think my Poetry is pretty good,for a guy that still writes in "Nursery Rhyme"style!

amaryn said:

Amaryn,I hope that you have Heavy Equipment while plowing through my Poetry.I think my Poetry is pretty good,for a guy that still writes in "Nursery Rhyme"style!

Doug: Nothing to be ashamed of. You have your own style, very well (IMHO) recognizable and it's fun. Just keep shaking us,lol
    Equipment to plough thru the poetry ? Don't worry, here we plough almost easily trough a meter of snow, if necesary.

jessie zuppo said:

Nice, Doug..I really like how, since 2004, your writing has switched from love song lyrics to a more political genre..it really shows a maturity in your self as well as your writing. Honestly, 10 years ago, I couldn't imagine you writing this well...as I tell my son, 'Practice makes PROGRESS." This has certainly been the case for you. It's odd, b/c we both seem to have gone in that same direction- hmmmm....everythng happens for a reason...God intended for us to cross paths-- to share writing and a friendship-- so happy to be your friend, and so proud of your writing ability. You have a gift! You probably don't realize it (b/c I feel the same way about myself and my writing) but NOT EVERYONE CAN WRITE SO WELL..it comes so easily to us that we assume everyone has this gift...I've discovered that to be a myth after 7 years of college, lol! You write better than some of my professors!! BTW, have u considered taking a Creative Writing course? It's good exposure and it really challenges your writing and learning how to write in all types of genres...that's how I got one of my poems published...a professor submitted to the literary magazine... it's very difficult to make writing your life, as far as paying the bills. I don't know about you, but I've had YEAR long writing blocks...and year long writing flows! I have no control over it!

Anyways, sweetie, lovely work- raw, uncut...it clearly shows that you have gained the confidence to expose your vulnerabilities ... that's PROGRESS!!

<3 (here's the p***s and balls OR a heart OR less than 3. LOL!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Dead JaSMiNe View Post
    Great One and thanx for clarifying wht does uncle sam stand for
    I love such poems which describe our daily life
    and the bitter reality we live in
    and political games.
    Great feedback! I also love the title!

Amaryn,
    I def. agree!! That's one of the things that makes Dougs work so appealing. His rhyme patterns, and very rudimentary style is def. unique...it's raw and uncut and is memorable. That's the key, right there...if a title or a chorus or a line from a song/poem sticks with you, you've succeeded as a writer!

haha!!!

I just noticed that 'Octomom' was your muse....what a piece of work that dingbat is! we're overpopulated, lady AND you have no income, yet you use what little money you have to become pregnant...did this lady not get the memo about how frickin expensive children are...oh, wait!! SOLUTION!! Reality TV show and then Plastic surgery! Duh...why didn't I think of that?? I got pregnant the 'old fashioned' way and did not get on welfare...I guess I had it ALL WRONG...and everything on me is REAL...not an 'octo'mom, I'm (quite literally) a 'single' mom!! LOL!!
    Last edited by Mixalopoulos; 08-01-2013 at 06:27 PM. Reason: please use Edit Post

Doug Denslowe said:

Thanks Jessie,you may not write a lot of poems,but your critiques are the best I've seen since a certain Miss Jasmine left the scene.I thank you for taking the time to both read and critique my work!
    Last edited by Doug Denslowe; 09-18-2013 at 02:50 AM.