Your Intentions Cruel
    You won the game
    I played the fool

Only thing
    I didn't dig
    Was being played
    By a pig

Written 2000
    Last edited by Doug Denslowe; 04-15-2014 at 10:00 PM.

Frankie Jasmine said:

Doug, I think I get this song. The person was a liar from the start, but then you started believing the lies, or "fell" and overlooked the lies?
    The poetry of it is good.
    But an individual being called a 'pig' bothers me, even if (s)he is a jerk.
    Last edited by Frankie Jasmine; 07-17-2012 at 08:12 AM. Reason: Add smilie

Doug Denslowe said:

I agree.When I was "previewing" this song for my guitar players,I asked them,Should I cut this line?"They didn't think so,so I left it in.I have a habit of liking to get "the last word in"."Yes,I lose,But so do you"is what I'm talking about.If a couple of people,like you,told me to cut the line,I would.It's not that important to the song,just me being a bad sport/loser,as usual.What do you say people of All The Lyrics,should I lose the line or not?P.S. you read the song right,liar then I fell for it.Boys will be boys!

Frankie Jasmine said:

Hey, Doug. This was not constructive criticism. It was just me voicing my own personal emotional reaction. And wanting to keep up with your songs!

Like you said: "Not that important," but something needs to be in there because it's your songwriting "signature." You get in the last word, defo Doug Denslowe!

MoonRide*r* said:

Impact, great way to end this song I think. I like it. And yeah I'm sure you know Frankie's not one to tell anyone what to do with their own creation
    I'll bet the lyrics roll really good to music too. It seems like the easiest song in the world to sing.
    There is no glamour in sudden death, and nobody ever wins a war.
    :
    Rockers Unite! =>
    ROCK 'n' Roll Halls of Fame

Doug Denslowe said:

Any more votes?

7. mexico62 said:

Hi Doug, Before I read the comments, at the end of the song, when I saw the las line, I thought "this is so rude".
    If you ask me, I think that most of us in some part of our lives feel that some person is this bad, (or even more, but this is not the theme of this thread).
    I believe that some persons can be compared with fierce or bad behavior animals, and some animals could be angry if they know that are compared to some very bad people.
    But when I noticed that the end that you put to your lyrics produce this noise, I think that your song could be a total succes, remember Madonna, Rolling Stones and other thousands who live making people jump from their seats with their attitudes, even The Beatles had some of this.
    I donīt want to say that is good to live from scandals, but I want to ask you. Did you feel this word when you wrote it?
    If itīs so, then the song is yourself in that moment of anger, you expressed your passion, about this I think that the important is that you are authentic.
    If your answer to my last question was "yes", I vote for you let it as it is, cause part of us is let flow our feelings, if we keep them inside can harm us, so if you want to scream, then scream, if you want to bless, then bless. I believe there is a moment for storm and a moment for calm in our souls. Saludos amigo.
    Last edited by mexico62; 07-18-2012 at 08:03 PM. Reason: add text

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by RickeyJoe View Post
    I think the last line is perfect. It's not rude. It's not bad. Because in songwriting, rude or bad DO NOT EXIST. What people have to realize is that if you start limiting emotions and what we can and cannot say in a song then that just ruins it completely. It ruins the spirit of songwriting altogether. As far as content there is NO RIGHT OR WRONG. That's a fact. In conclusion, I love this song and I adore it's ending.
    Thanks for the support.I completely agree with you.There is no right or wrong in songwriting.Just good or bad songs!

9. Tomatomic said:

there are pigs everywhere Doug and with this you oust them for what they are. shout it to the world man!!!!!!!!!!!!! great poetry and imagery as always dude. GIMME GIMME MORE!!!!!

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatomic View Post
    there are pigs everywhere Doug and with this you oust them for what they are. shout it to the world man!!!!!!!!!!!!! great poetry and imagery as always dude. GIMME GIMME MORE!!!!!
    I'm always flattered when I see you've left me a Reply.I know you don't waste your time commenting on stuff that doesn't leave an impact on you.Thanks for the kind words.

amaryn said:

I am more bothered about flying cows than pigs and I am particularly vulnerable when it comes to lies.
    Analyzing piece of greatness, I sit here typing and singing and if I ever get sick of this, I'll be probably dead and gone already.
    Applause for the writer in question. Punky stuff, hear the beat, come on people, on your feet!!

I'm calling this Doug's Day, I've been going through his notebook songs since I woke up at eleven this morning!
    (well, had to make food in between,lol )

Doug Denslowe said:

Sir,you have such good taste!Don't forget "Never Say Never".I'm especially proud of this song.To hear this sung and played is something I can't describe in words.It's something special.Cruel Intentions,speaks for itself!Yes,a hard rockin' 4/4 beat.

13. Ali Morrione said:

This is really good! I would so rock out to this. Thumbs up to you!

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Morrione View Post
    This is really good! I would so rock out to this. Thumbs up to you!
    Thanks Ali.And thanks for putting up my song for others to see!