Never Say Never

Thread: Never Say Never

Tags: doug denslowe song, love song ballad, never say never

curiosity_kills_the_cat said:

Well said, Wild Jess.

Frankie Jasmine said:

Quote Originally Posted by jessie zuppo View Post
    I'm actually OK with "not knowing", lol! Ignorance is purely blissful...also the mystique and ambiguity of Doug's work and of his overall demeanor would never allow this question to be answered....the writer within him knows that suspense and mystery lie at the heart of any epic work! We ALL want that to be revealed, but then once it is, there's a sense of disappointment of knowing...not knowing is much better!

Hmmm . . . seems I've heard this opinion from another ATL member before--"suspense and mystery. Epic. ... If revealed, then comes disappointment. Not knowing is better." Yes, I've heard these refrains before.

At least we can no longer complain that nothing's happening on lyrics reviews these days!

3. mexico62 said:

Hi Doug, I read the last comments to this song, and I guess you already might be working in "Never Say Never II", some second parts are remarkable. and the words involved in this dialogue start to make it very interesting. Please, tell us more...

Doug Denslowe said:

Writing a sequel,if I was to write one,would have to come years from now.As you read,mexico62,the girl that I wrote this about addressed you personally in one of her comments.I haven't seen Jessie face to face since "bumping into her"on my way to Farmer's Market.But we're in touch by email and messaging each other through Facebook.I think we'll remain "friends"but who knows?Never Say Never!!!(see the first line of the third verse........)

jessie zuppo said:

Doug,

I'm sure we will 'bump' into each other again....you're my friend to the end! lol

Peace, Love, and Rock n Roll,

Jessie

Doug Denslowe said:

I'd like to"bump"into you again!lol,not!

7. LooknGlass said:

Man, I've been missing out. I really like this a lot. Sometimes sweet and simple with the right emotion is all you need and this has got it. Dude, nice job!

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by LooknGlass View Post
    Man, I've been missing out. I really like this a lot. Sometimes sweet and simple with the right emotion is all you need and this has got it. Dude, nice job!
    Coming from you......I appreciate it all the more!Thanks and welcome back!

Frankie Jasmine said:

Doug, I'm happily back to this song again! What a great job. I think this first-person story is what Jessie referred to on another thread--the style of your writing she really likes.

This should be a song for us all to hear! Let me know when it's on the radio (or YouTube!).

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie Jasmine View Post
    Doug, I'm happily back to this song again! What a great job. I think this first-person story is what Jessie referred to on another thread--the style of your writing she really likes.

This should be a song for us all to hear! Let me know when it's on the radio (or YouTube!).
    I'll explain to you what I thought was going on.Jessie really liked Midnight Sun and commented she liked the way "the words split out like a facet" or something close to that.I thought that Model Behavior was a song/poem that also had that same "flowing word thing".After much thought,I guess Midnight Sun and Model Behavior aren't as close as I once thought.So.......there you have it,told on the Never Say Never thread!!

jessie zuppo said:

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie Jasmine View Post

Yes, this is what I was talking about! This and "Wild West Jess" (*blush*) are my absolute favorites. They invoke a feeling within the reader- it's extremely personal and by the sheer vulnerability and courage of the writer to embark on a journey that was filled with heartache and pain, is admirable. But then to TAKE that pain and turn it into beauty- well that's something only a true artist can do...you're on your A game, Doug~

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by jessie zuppo View Post
    Yes, this is what I was talking about! This and "Wild West Jess" (*blush*) are my absolute favorites. They invoke a feeling within the reader- it's extremely personal and by the sheer vulnerability and courage of the writer to embark on a journey that was filled with heartache and pain, is admirable. But then to TAKE that pain and turn it into beauty- well that's something only a true artist can do...you're on your A game, Doug~
    When I posted these lyrics,the LAST thing I thought was you,the muse of my best work,would actually read,much less critique my work!It's a small world and there you are: Wild West Jess herself and of course the girl this song is written about.Yes,Jessie,I've immortalized you in song the same way Eric Clapton immortalized Patty Harrison in Layla.Well,you get my point.This song and Wild West Jess,along with Raven Beauty of the Night are three songs I'm very proud of,thanks to you!
    Last edited by Doug Denslowe; 08-23-2013 at 02:48 AM.

jessie zuppo said:

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Denslowe View Post
    After googling "tablatures"all I can respond is,I wish you could too.The lyrics,JUST DON'T get the emotion this song is sung with.The Never..........Ever............Never............Ev er.............Never...............Ever........... ..Never Say Never is sung with such passion,it's impossible to "get" by simply reading the lyrics.Several people have asked me if I wasn't afraid of someone stealing my songs/song lyrics.Not really,you see,these songs have great musical parts as well,so if someone can take my song lyrics and make good music,I couldn't be happier for them.I,obvious haven't been able to even find a band to join,so why have my lyrics sit and do nothing?Like I say at the end of some of my songs;put music to these lyrics,get rich,get famous.P.S.mexico62:the last verse was me lying to her,in truth,I didn't want her to think she left me in so much pain.I wanted her to think,"He doesn't need me,maybe I should take another look".I just didn't want to appear pathetic!!!
    Doug,
    I TOTALLY GET THIS NOW...and, I apologize, I mean the 'meaning' behind the bitterness, behind the mask of pain and vulnerability- your ability to come clean with emotions that you bravely conveyed through song is astounding. I love you so much. As a human being, a man, and as a very sensitive and talented writer- I do believe that God has people cross paths with other people for a reason...how odd how we met, right? LOL! I was your muse, you can be mine....

From one heartfelt and passionate writer to another,
    jessie

Kerri Faye Yates said:

"Love is a gamble
    A roll of the dice
    I took a chance
    And paid the price"

I think you are a genius.
    ~Kerri Faye

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by Kerri Faye Yates View Post
    "Love is a gamble
    A roll of the dice
    I took a chance
    And paid the price"

I think you are a genius.
    Thanks Kerri!I thought this might appeal to you after reading your outstanding song lyrics!

Kerri Faye Yates said:

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Denslowe View Post
    Thanks Kerri!I thought this might appeal to you after reading your outstanding song lyrics!
    You are seriously awesome! I want to like...quote you on my wall for all to see or something! Haha
    ~Kerri Faye