Looking for song title/artist. Have some details. Please help?

Thread: Looking for song title/artist. Have some details. Please help?

Tags: None
  1. lalasonny said:

Default Looking for song title/artist. Have some details. Please help?

So the song is in fact in English, though I'm about 99.999% sure it is by a foreign band... possibly German?

I watched a music video on YouTube of it about 5-6 years ago. The lead singer is a bald male. The lyrics are about a desert, I remember the word crawl in there a time or two. Music video, from what I recall, is spiders and scorpions in the desert.. has some plain shots of the ground and him standing on it and singing...

Been searching for nearly a month now, figured I'd try here.

Thanks for any and all help.

2. bloodysmack said:

Live or tool maybe, only bald singers i can think of offhand.

3. pianoman74 said:

Quote Originally Posted by bloodysmack View Post
    Live or tool maybe, only bald singers i can think of offhand.
    sounds like Midnight Oil from Australia. Foreign...? Well, they'd sing in English too, wouldn't they.

"Beds Are Burning"?

"...out where the river broke / the bloodwood and the desert oak..."

Come to think of it, Michael Stipe (R.E.M.) would qualify for "bald" as well

4. lalasonny said:

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman74 View Post
    sounds like Midnight Oil from Australia. Foreign...? Well, they'd sing in English too, wouldn't they.

"Beds Are Burning"?

"...out where the river broke / the bloodwood and the desert oak..."

Come to think of it, Michael Stipe (R.E.M.) would qualify for "bald" as well
    Thanks for the suggestions but unfortunately my search continues.

It was more of a heavy metal/rock type song.... sort of like say E Nomine.... not reeeally, but kinda.

I wish I could remember more about it. The only other thing that I do remember is the YouTube video was always slow to load up. :-/

sunshine20071988 said:

How long ago did u watch it on YouTube? If u have an account it keeps the history of videos played maybe it's in there

6. lalasonny said:

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine20071988 View Post
    How long ago did u watch it on YouTube? If u have an account it keeps the history of videos played maybe it's in there
    Must have been 2003-2006 I'd guess... I went through everything that the history tab in it but I think it deletes them if they are watched too long ago so no luck there either.

sunshine20071988 said:

Can u think of any song that sounds similar enough ?

8. pianoman74 said:

Quote Originally Posted by lalasonny View Post
    It was more of a heavy metal/rock type song.... sort of like say E Nomine.... not reeeally, but kinda.
    Whew, we're getting closer. Some goth-style influence perhaps, too? With a spoonful of industrial maybe even?
    Tiamat? Project Pitchfork?

Come to think of it, Die Krupps would also not be a bad idea. They must NOT be confused with the 80s Krupps that solely sang in German. Their front man, though German, usually has to give interviews in English now because the great part of the Krupps line-up has now turned international (so otherwise they would not be able to follow what he is responding to the questions asked by the interviewers)

9. lalasonny said:

Definitely has some industrial/gothic influence. Still searching, unfortunately.