Karri Koira - Amerikankota Liitää (Finnish)

Thread: Karri Koira - Amerikankota Liitää (Finnish)

Tags: None
  1. oldcat15 said:

Default Karri Koira - Amerikankota Liitää (Finnish)

Anyone care to translate this?

Se on badabimbadabum, Koiran Vuosi 2012.
    Mähän kerron et mä en stoppaa. Mähän kerron et mä en stoppaa.

Pyyhi jalat ku sä hyppäät inee mun jalokiveen, muuten paska osuu tuulettimeen.
    Mul on frendi nimelt Asflatti, jolla on frendi nimelt Soturi. Nyt sä tiedät homman nimen.
    Puoliks mies, puoliks lyijyy. Kruisaan Lincolnil, ja vaimo silittää mun ryijyy.
    Asfalttisoturi ei trimmaile, eikä teknobiitteihin rimmaile.
    Ota must mallii miten se tehdään, äläkä lypsä maitoo ellet aio ostaa koko lehmää.
    Yritän paimentaa, et pärjäätte naisten kaa. Mun lincolni kehrää niiku tiikeri.
    Takakontis basso potkii niinku siellä ois vangittuna Steven Seagali.
    Älä kurkkaa mun konttiin. Nää bassoaallot tiputtaa isommanki monnin tonttiin.
    Kaikki palikat kumoon, niiku dominos. Kiesi on niin iso, et sä puhut siit monikos.
    Nyökkää rytmiin, hyppää hyttiin ja beibi tsekkaa tätä tykkii.

Karri Koira kuvan sulle haluu piirtää. Palmut huojuu, hot dog tuoksuu ja kromi kiiltää.
    Nää bassot pystyis varmaan vuorii siirtää. Amerikankotka liitää. O-oo-o-o-o-ou.

Otan aurinkoo tulivuorella. Mun lämpötila pysyy nollan alapuolella.
    Mä varotan monnei pudottamast altaaseen pommei, koska mun pitää mun turkkia suojella.
    Ja tarvin föönii, pitää turkkii hoitaa. Asflattisoturin jytäpurkkiin loikkaan.
    Me kiihdytetään vauhtii, tuuli tuulee tukkaan. Karri Koira laulaa, kukat puhkee kukkaan.
    Ja bassoo enemmänki löytyy, mut sen värinä sais nää ruuvit löystyy.
    Koira ei oo liian cooli turvavöihin. Mä vaan friikkaan studiossa öisin.
    Kaikki mitä kuulet menee suoraan sisään. Makee melodia tiputtaa sun alahuulen.
    Mulla on sitä, sulla on tota, ihan sama. Mä pyrin pitää pelin aina astet parempana.

Karri Koira kuvan sulle haluu piirtää. Palmut huojuu, hot dog tuoksuu ja kromi kiiltää.

Tiedätsä miltä tuntuu kontti avaa ja selittää vaimolle et tän takii syödään kuukaus tonnikalaa?
    Kontti täynnä tulivoimaa, älä lähe syviin vesiin pulikoimaan.
    Sul ei oo tähän tuntumaa, jos sun bassot ei oo niiku ukkosmyrsky. Sul on persikois viel untuvaa.
    Ja sen pitää olla refleksi, et sul on perseen alla mun kiesissä pefletti.
    En haluu tahroja penkkeihin. Beibi ei löydy tarpeeks sementtii näihin monumentteihin.
    Ja jos sä haluut tietää ootsä mintissä, voit käydä peilaan mun Lincolnin grillistä.

amaryn said:

Quote Originally Posted by oldcat15 View Post
    Anyone care to translate this?

Se on badabimbadabum, Koiran Vuosi 2012. / it's the Year of the Dog 2012
    Mähän kerron et mä en stoppaa. Mähän kerron et mä en stoppaa. /I tell you, I won't stop

Pyyhi jalat ku sä hyppäät inee mun jalokiveen, muuten paska osuu tuulettimeen.
    Mul on frendi nimelt Asflatti, jolla on frendi nimelt Soturi. Nyt sä tiedät homman nimen. /I have a friend called Asfalt, who has a friend named Soturi ( soldier)
    Now you know what this is all about.
    Puoliks mies, puoliks lyijyy. Kruisaan Lincolnil, ja vaimo silittää mun ryijyy. / Half man, half lead...
    Asfalttisoturi ei trimmaile, eikä teknobiitteihin rimmaile. /an asfaltsoldier doesn't train nor write rhymes to technobeats
    Ota must mallii miten se tehdään, äläkä lypsä maitoo ellet aio ostaa koko lehmää./I'll show you how it's done, don't milk a cow if you don't buy it
    Yritän paimentaa, et pärjäätte naisten kaa. Mun lincolni kehrää niiku tiikeri. /I'm trying to give you advice, you don't know how to treat women...
    Takakontis basso potkii niinku siellä ois vangittuna Steven Seagali.
    Älä kurkkaa mun konttiin. Nää bassoaallot tiputtaa isommanki monnin tonttiin.
    Kaikki palikat kumoon, niiku dominos. Kiesi on niin iso, et sä puhut siit monikos.
    Nyökkää rytmiin, hyppää hyttiin ja beibi tsekkaa tätä tykkii.

Otan aurinkoo tulivuorella. Mun lämpötila pysyy nollan alapuolella. /I take a sunbath on a vulcano, my temperature remains below zero
    Mä varotan monnei pudottamast altaaseen pommei, koska mun pitää mun turkkia suojella.
    Ja tarvin föönii, pitää turkkii hoitaa. Asflattisoturin jytäpurkkiin loikkaan.
    Me kiihdytetään vauhtii, tuuli tuulee tukkaan. Karri Koira laulaa, kukat puhkee kukkaan./ we take speed, the wind blows through my hair, Karri Koira sings, flowers start blooming
    Ja bassoo enemmänki löytyy, mut sen värinä sais nää ruuvit löystyy.
    Koira ei oo liian cooli turvavöihin. Mä vaan friikkaan studiossa öisin.
    Kaikki mitä kuulet menee suoraan sisään. Makee melodia tiputtaa sun alahuulen./all that you hear goes straight to the heart, sweet melody lowers your lower lip
    Mulla on sitä, sulla on tota, ihan sama. Mä pyrin pitää pelin aina astet parempana./ I have something, you too, it doesn't matter, I try to always be one step ahead

Tiedätsä miltä tuntuu kontti avaa ja selittää vaimolle et tän takii syödään kuukaus tonnikalaa?
    Kontti täynnä tulivoimaa, älä lähe syviin vesiin pulikoimaan.
    Sul ei oo tähän tuntumaa, jos sun bassot ei oo niiku ukkosmyrsky. Sul on persikois viel untuvaa.
    Ja sen pitää olla refleksi, et sul on perseen alla mun kiesissä pefletti.
    En haluu tahroja penkkeihin. Beibi ei löydy tarpeeks sementtii näihin monumentteihin.
    Ja jos sä haluut tietää ootsä mintissä, voit käydä peilaan mun Lincolnin grillistä.

Hi! This text is full of "slangi" words, and therefore in "BBC English " hard to put right. I helped you on the road, my time in the library is up, later to be ctnd, if I hear from you
  3. oldcat15 said:

Quote Originally Posted by amaryn View Post
    Hi! This text is full of "slangi" words, and therefore in "BBC English " hard to put right. I helped you on the road, my time in the library is up, later to be ctnd, if I hear from you
    I appreciate the translation! I actually figured I'd have hard luck finding someone to translate it, because of the slang. I'm interested in seeing more, if you please.
  4. Isä Apotti said:

Default Karri Koira - Amerikankota Liitää, english translation

I told you that I will not stop down. (x4)

Wipe your feet when you jump into my jewel, otherwise s*it will hit the fan. (1)
    I got a friend called Road and a friend called Warrior. Now you know the name of the game. (2)
    Half a man, half of lead. (3) I am cruising with my Lincoln, and my wife is caressing my Ryijy (4)

A road warrior does no make anything neat, and does not make rhymes for techno music.
    Use me as and example as how it is done. and do not milk the cow unless you are going to buy it.
    I try to guide you so that you know hot to deal with women. My Lincoln is purring like a tiger.
    The sub-woofer at the trunk is kicking in similar way as captured Steven Seagal.
    Do not look into my trunk. These bass waves will knock out even a large man.
    All the blocks will fall, like domino bricks. This car is so big that you talk about in in plural.
    Keep nodding your head along the rhythm, jump into the cabin (of the car), and babe, check out this gun. (5)

I want to draw you a picture of Karri the Dog. Palm trees are swaying, there is fragrance of hot dogs, and chromium is shining.
    The bass waves might be able to move mountains. The American Eagle is gliding.

I am sunbathing on a volcano. My temperature is staying below freezing point.
    I am warning the guys form making cannonball jumps into the pool, since I need to protect my hair (from getting wet).
    And I need a blow-dryer, I need to take care of my hair. I jump into the sound environment of the Road Warrior.
    We accelerate into the (travelling) speed, wind blows into my hair. Karri the Dog is singing, and flowers begin to bloom.
    And there is even more power in the sub-woofer, but the vibration would loosen these screws.
    The Dog is not too "cool" to wear safety belts. I am just freaking out at recording studio at nights.
    Everything you hear goes directly your heart. The sweet sounds will drop your lower lip.
    I have something, you have other things, it does not matter. I try to keep the game slightly better.

I want to draw you a picture of Karri the Dog. Palm trees are swaying, there is fragrance of hot dogs, and chromium is shining.

Do you know how it feels when you open the trunk and explain to your wife that because of this we are eating tuna for a month. (6)
    The trunk is full of firepower,(7) do not go to swim in deep waters. (8)
    You don't have skill for this. If your sub-woofer does not sound like a thunderstorm, there is still fuzz on your peaches.(9)
    And you must learn to use seat protector when you are riding on my car.(10)
    I don't want stains on the seats. Baby, there is not enough concrete for these monuments.
    And if you want to know if your make-up is in "mint condition", you can use the front grille of my Lincoln as a mirror.

---

Notes:

The lyrics appear to be very juvenile, but they also resemble how the
    Dragger gang members used to talk back in 1970-1980 era. Draggers used to
    have customized cars, and arrange illegal street drag races at nights.

The singer has a customized Ford Lincoln, with advanced sound system.
    The term "American Eagle is gliding" means the feeling when he is
    driving this car.

1) The "jewel" here means his car, which is customized Ford Lincoln.

2) Refers to movie "Mad Max 2 - The Road Warrior". The Road Warrior is
    apparently the nickname for Karri's car.

3) "Half a man, half of lead" usually means that a man is carrying a
    handgun and lot of ammunition. However, in this song he is using
    "firepower" to mean the sound output of his sub-woofer.

4) "Ryijy" is a type of thick blanket which is used for warmth when
    driving open-topped vehicles in cold weather. Usually the ryijy is
    placed on lap so that it covers legs from waist down. Traditionally
    ryijys are made with complex decorative patterns, and hung to wall as a
    piece of art when not in use.

5) The "gun" here apparently means the sound output of the sub-woofer.

6) Apparently the sound system in his car was so expensive, that they
    could not afford to eat anything but the cheapest canned tuna until the
    next paycheck.

7) He is again misusing the word "firepower" to mean the sound output.

8) "Swimming in deep waters" mean trying to do something you are not
    really capable of doing.

9) "Fuzz on peaches" means that a person is too young to have pubic
    hair.

10) "Peflet" is padded and waterproof seat protector, which is used to
    insulate person from too hot, cold or wet seat. They are usually made
    from closed-cell foam rubber, polyurethane or styrofoam, but there are
    also disposable paper or cardboard ones used in public saunas.
    Originally these seat protectors were made from low-quality wood
    shingles (that is, shingles which were not good enough to be used as
    roofing material), and were known as "Pillun päreet" ("c*nt's
    shingles"). The modern word "peflet" is just more "politically correct"
    word.
    Last edited by Isä Apotti; 08-27-2012 at 04:36 AM.

amaryn said:

Hi, Isä Apotti! I didn't know that you'd be this excellent . The translation is just super, my friend!
    Thanks also for the notes.
    You're the first nice apotti I've met so far
  6. oldcat15 said:

Isä Apotti: I'm really impressed with your translation! I didn't expect an explanation along with it, but I'm glad that you included it. There's no way I would have picked up the meaning behind the song without your detailed notes.

Bravo and cheers!