Checkmate

Thread: Checkmate

Tags: None
  1. RobberBaron said:

Default Checkmate

This is really odd…it changed from what I originally intended it to be.
    Message me for the link to the song, I don't want to paste it here.

Copyright © RobberBaron Enterprises 2012

[Verse]

All I can hear is daggers on yours lips,
    And the sound of your voice screaming loud in my ear,
    Stop for a second and take one deep breath,
    Give me time to work out the pieces that are left

[Pre-Chorus]

Please be kind

[Chorus]

Your reign is over now,
    The castle's comin' down,
    And now I see who you really are

This game has turned to war,
    Why do you abhor?
    Everything I've done for you

[Verse]

False promises made me feel so happy,
    How could I ever be so naive, it's not fair,
    Now I see quite clearly just what you mean to me,
    Don't hold your breath cos you'll run out of air

[Pre-Chorus]

I won't fight

[Chorus]

Your reign is over now,

Why do you abhor?
    Everything I've done for yo

[Bridge]

You made me fall,
    No safety net,
    You took my life,
    You made me

Regret

[Chorus]

Your reign is over now,

Why do you abhor?
    Everything I've done for you

Doug Denslowe said:

Good lyrics,can't wait to hear it.What Do I Care ( Your Loss) was so much better,after hearing it,I can't imagine how much better this will be.I encourage everybody
    to listen to Mr.Baron's songs.They're Great!

3. Zakynthos said:

From the beginning I noticed it's a great song. I can relate to it and especially liked this line: "False promises made me feel so happy".

Frankie Jasmine said:

Dear RobberBaron: This is one song I've been wanting to see since the title was posted. You did so well keeping with the title and theme (or rather matching the title to the theme, whichever!) . . . I really like those one line verses--so different, refreshing, "eye" (and ear) catching! Might I have the privilege to hear your song? If I need references, I'll use ShadowLeeSharp and Doug Denslowe.

5. RobberBaron said:

Why thank you! I haven't spoken to Shadow in ages…
    Anyway, sure you can

Frankie Jasmine said:

@Robberbaron: You are WAY too humble! Your music-video is great!! If "Checkmate" was on the radio, I'd turn it up every time! You're not only a lyrics-writer, but an actual songwriter/performer. Wha?? About your voice--I love it!!
    So I ask: Are you planning a career in music? Maybe going to major in music? Also, any other videos you wish to share, I'd love to hear (I'm a PG/PG-13 kind of person!). I have a YouTube Channel too; I could subscribe.

Yeh, Shadow . . . I'm missing her, and I think about her a lot. I wish she'd drop back in to let us know all's OK.

_ _ _ _ _

P.S. Very important, I forgot to say . . . very interesting variety in melody also, especially as the song advances. GOOD JOB!
    Last edited by Frankie Jasmine; 07-29-2012 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Add P.S.

Doug Denslowe said:

See, I told you R.B. your voice has a lot of "soul" to it!Don't short change yourself,you've got it All!I'm glad more people are getting your links!Like I said,your a lucky guy to be able to do all the work yourself,then present it on YouTube.Maybe you'll get discovered for the new show,"Opening Act"!They pick all their people from YouTube.

Frankie Jasmine said:

Yeh, if you find that you're up for a talent show that's scouring You Tube, let all at ATL know so we can vote for you!
    How do you feel about exposure? E.g., on FB I would be proud to post your videos using whichever name you prefer--online ID or real name. But what have you done to protect yourself legally against theft of your songs? If you need some advice, I have some that bypasses copyrighting but can still hold up in a legal conflict or dispute. (Researched it a few years back, re: poetry.)

9. RobberBaron said:

Wow, thank you so much for the positive feedback everyone!
    I'm taking music GCSE at school but I always figured it would be impossible to get a career in music, especially for me :P
    On the same YouTube channel that Checkmate is on, "CantusPiano", I have some other recorded songs, but most of the videos haven't got vocals yet, just backing and flute - I'm working on recordings
    But thank you so much!
    I"ve heard if Opening Act but I'll look up more about it…trouble is, I'm not very good at handling pressure - also there are loads of people WAY better than me on YouTube anyway :P
    Currently, I'd love it if you posted videos on Facebook - if I'm honest, it's only really people I know that I'm worried about my videos being seen by, because it's quite an intimate thing to express your feelings and emotions like that, especially if you're singing :P
    If I'm honest I haven't done anything to protect them, I never figured someone would want to steal them :L I've heard of poor man's copyright, but I would like to hear some more about that please?
    But these versions of the songs definitely weren't meant to be the final versions - I really want to take singing lessons, which I think is the main issue, but when I make the proper versions I'll go under a different name, so for now feel free to share
    Once again, thank you so much for the support - I really never thought that people would like these!

Frankie Jasmine said:

How wrong you were! Do you ever watch talent shows like "American Idol" or "_____ [name of country's] Got Talent"? I think of Michael Grimm, poor boy from the South, just getting by playing in bars and dives, trying to help support his grandparents who raised him. And he won AGT! He was my pick from the first time I heard his voice; he, too, was humble, unsure of himself in comparison to others. Many winners have been like that--hugely talented but unaware of their own power to bring joy to people.

I have to clean out my ATL mailbox. When I do, I will send you the advice about securing a personal means of copyrighting--just the gist of it. Then I'll try to find the links where I culled this information, which may be on a different computer not accessible right now.

OK. You've got it! I'm posting you on my FB page! Are you on FB too?

11. RobberBaron said:

Thank you Yes, my Facebook account is Kirk Dusting and my music page is "Cantus Piano", however like I said before, when I officially do these I'm going to change the name of that too.