Jacques Cousteau

Thread: Jacques Cousteau

Tags: None

Doug Denslowe said:

It just occurred to me that this reminded me of the Beatles song,"Octopuss' Garden",the only song written by drummer Ringo Starr!When you introduced it as a Rap song,it kinda threw me.I think now I can picture this as possibly a children's song,sung at Girl's Scouts and Campfire Girls.(And Boy Scouts,as well!)Maybe in Kindergarden too.Anyhow,just thought I'd share this with you.

Frankie Jasmine said:

Yeh, I think technically rap has to carry a true meaning and message (not a silly one) . . . at least as it has evolved with the writers at ATL. Some ATL rap song messages are very deeply thoughtful, exposing badness, injustice, etc., promoting a better way to be.

Indeed, I can see kids really liking this . . . that is, if they learned who Jacques Cousteau was!! ;D

"Octopus's Garden" was great. The Lennon-McCartney team was so strong that it really pushed out the contributions of the other group members. Yet, I think Harrison's contributions (and probably more of Ringo's would have, as well) rounded out the albums. I think of the contributions like "My Guitar (Gently Weeps)," "Yellow Submarine," "Maxwell Silverhammer," "Norweigian Wood," "Rocky Raccoon" (a personal favorite), and others that added an important variety to the cuts. I wonder how many Starr/Harrison songs got rejected before they were ever really heard? Afterall, they were musicians and songwriters too! (Really--was Ringo only allowed ONE song contribution?--Shame on them.)

3. safe1 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie Jasmine View Post
    You know I won't stop, so how may I help you, Mr. Safe-kins?
    You can translate for me the complicated American English to a simplified version especially made for foreigners :P
    The most charming creatures on this earth. The only women who can show what they feel and, they do feel.
    Stunning feeling...to just meet them.

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie Jasmine View Post
    Yeh, I think technically rap has to carry a true meaning and message (not a silly one) . . . at least as it has evolved with the writers at ATL. Some ATL rap song messages are very deeply thoughtful, exposing badness, injustice, etc., promoting a better way to be.

Indeed, I can see kids really liking this . . . that is, if they learned who Jacques Cousteau was!! ;D

"Octopus's Garden" was great. The Lennon-McCartney team was so strong that it really pushed out the contributions of the other group members. Yet, I think Harrison's contributions (and probably more of Ringo's would have, as well) rounded out the albums. I think of the contributions like "My Guitar (Gently Weeps)," "Yellow Submarine," "Maxwell Silverhammer," "Norweigian Wood," "Rocky Raccoon" (a personal favorite), and others that added an important variety to the cuts. I wonder how many Starr/Harrison songs got rejected before they were ever really heard? Afterall, they were musicians and songwriters too! (Really--was Ringo only allowed ONE song contribution?--Shame on them.)
    I'll tell Paul,the next time we talk!

Frankie Jasmine said:

Quote Originally Posted by Teshka View Post
    @Moon:
    @Frankie J: M-O-R-E gotta have more
    Tessie, you're right! I've been far too serious lately. I need to come up with another funny song. I think I feel it comin' on now . . .