Solved: Looking for a song from the 50s-60s era

Thread: Solved: Looking for a song from the 50s-60s era

Tags: 50s, 60s
  1. DoodleberryCake said:

Default Solved: Looking for a song from the 50s-60s era

Hey, allthelyrics forum goers. I'm looking for a song that I heard maybe three or four times and never caught the name of. I know for a fact it's from the 50s-60s era because I was flipping between "50s on 5" and "60s on 6" when I heard it for the first time again in years.

I'm pretty sure part of the lyrics are "the paths we choose," but I could be wrong. All I remember of the instrumentation is that all of the instruments sounded very natural and there was an organ.

I have been looking for this song for years and would love to know the name of it.

atmaestro said:

All the songs I can find with the lyrics similar "paths (that) we choose" or "roads (that) we choose" are by more recent artists.
    Perhaps you thinking of one of these two versions of the same song:

"Those Were The Days" by The Limeliters (early 1960's)
    "Those Were The Days, My Friend" by Mary Hopkin (1968).

Those were the days, my friend
    We thought they'd never end
    We'd sing and dance forever and a day
    We'd live the life we choose
    We'd fight and never lose
    For we were young and sure to have our way
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title
  3. DoodleberryCake said:

No, that is not the song. Sorry for not being specific with my last post; I don't know what I was thinking.

This should help: The singer is male. Now that I think about it, there may have been an electric keyboard in the instrumentation as well.

If this helps at all: The lyrics might have been something about "nothing to lose," but I don't know. When I heard it as a kid I thought it said "Lose the moose" but I know that isn't right.

I made a midi of the part of the tune I remember, but unfortunately, that is the only part of the tune I clearly remember.
    Attached Files
  4. bugmenot1 said:

Try this song:

"Incense And Peppermints" by Strawberry Alarm Clock
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOk2T6Uweao
  5. DoodleberryCake said:

Thank you SO MUCH bugmenot1! That's it!

Now I guess I have to close this thread because it's solved. I think that's how it works.