Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Store

Senior Member curiosity_kills_the_cat's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Denslowe View Post
    First off,Thanks for digging up The Store for more to see and enjoy.Wino=a drunk,especially one that drinks wine on a Daily basis.Note:Johnny Depp has Wino Forever tattooed on his arm.It used to say"Winona Forever"when he was engaged to Winona Ryder.Things change,so do tattoos!

Advice: Check the abbreviation before getting inked.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by curiosity_kills_the_cat View Post
    Advice: Check the abbreviation before getting inked.
    Check your brain,before you get inked!

Thanks

when it's the truth mate it has to be said. i like the flow. good stuff as per usual!!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatomic View Post
    when it's the truth mate it has to be said. i like the flow. good stuff as per usual!!!!
    Thanks,my Atomic Friend.

Thanks

Cool Good observation!

Doug, I have to say, as I've actually LIVED in your neighborhood...your observations are 100% accurate.

One time that I went to the store on the corner, a girl told me that "I looked at her wrong." Without a moment's hesitation, she began to physically assault me...(yes, yes...I know I've had a temper as well!) For all the folks who make that corner their habitat, this was live action! I was @ 2 months pregnant and I did my best to defend myself, watch out for anyone else coming at me to attack me or rob me, and all the while just praying I wouldn't get kicked or hit in the stomach... in the end, everything was OK. My cell phone fell out of my purse and was immediately stolen- it wasn't my phone (I had borrowed it from a friend) - so I had to report the incident to the police, so that my friend could get a new phone without a charge...that's the image that popped into my head as I was reading your work.

This poem was a good one, but I could sense that perhaps you were just completely fed up with the situation in your neighborhood on that particular day. I feel that many people may not truly understand that you did not take artistic license with this one- you straight up fed us the hard, cold truth. People READ about the slums, the ghetto, but they don't really understand. on a holistic level, how trying, difficult, and stressful it is ON A DAILY BASIS.

All in all, I liked it. I really admire your ability to open up and be very candid. Your frustration is clearly conveyed through your words. At the same time, a feeling of hope and optimism is there as well. To so gracefully combine those polar opposite emotions is a gift. Thank you for sharing it!

As always, I'm a big fan!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jessie zuppo For This Useful Post:
    Doug Denslowe (06-23-2013),Frankie Jasmine (06-23-2013)

Thanks

Thanks Jessie!Small world isn't it!The day I wrote this I was SO fed up with the daily,"May I please get by so I can walk through the door of the Store"that I HAD to write this.Thanks for your comment,it means more than you'll ever know,especially since you've been to the Store!
    Last edited by Doug Denslowe; 06-23-2013 at 02:14 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12