Can ever hear Silence,
    Because their breathing,
    Their heartbeat,
    The shifting of weight,
    Makes a sounds so that,
    Silence
    Breaks

Not exactly a poem...
    "If you were me, then I'd be you, and if I were you, I'd hide somewhere faraway..."

Frankie Jasmine said:

Very good, Katie. Thought-provoking. I'm becoming envious (in a good way, if that's possible) of your thought process and talent. <3

Katie13 said:

Haha, I've never had someone envious of my thought processes before... usually it's more of a "I really don't want to know what goes on in your head" kind of reaction!!
    "If you were me, then I'd be you, and if I were you, I'd hide somewhere faraway..."

Frankie Jasmine said:

Quote Originally Posted by Katie13 View Post
    Haha, I've never had someone envious of my thought processes before... usually it's more of a "I really don't want to know what goes on in your head" kind of reaction!!
    Yes, I understand well.

5. mexico62 said:

It was so amazing for me when a friend told me once, that the real important thing in music is silence, we can have continuos sound, it would be so confusing, so the rhythm is essential. And all of my life I´ve been thinking that God loves music and movement. Thanks for your work, make us think about the facts of life.

dark1979 said:

I ride a comet
    My trail is long to stay‎
    "Silence" is a heavy stone.....By manowar

Katie13 said:

Random piece of poetry there. Thanks for that, Dark1979 :P
    And Mexico62, I get what you mean - pauses are just as effective musically as great crescendos or loud chords.

Teshka said:

Quote Originally Posted by Katie13 View Post
    usually it's more of a "I really don't want to know what goes on in your head" kind of reaction!!
    lol....but i have come to understand more and more that that's what poetry and song-writing are for....so that we can let all of that stuff out of our heads and still avoid being locked away somewhere

@dark1979, that's a great quote!
    Music is what feelings sound like
    Listen to the Love
    ~♥♥~

amaryn said:

[QUOTE=Teshka;963806]lol....but i have come to understand more and more that that's what poetry and song-writing are for....so that we can let all of that stuff out of our heads and still avoid being locked away somewhere

Teshka! I think that you hit the nail on the head and Zakynthos must feel the same

10. Zakynthos said:

Katie I expected someone else to say already what I'm going to say. As you say, this is not exactly a poem when it comes to its content. I see this more like a game of thoughts, you are wondering what silence is and the opposite of it, why there is silence, how each one of us perceive it. In other words, this was pure philosophy.

Teshka/amaryn I couldn't agree more.

Katie13 said:

Zakynthos, I think you're probably right there. A moment of randomness on my part :P

amaryn said:

Zakynthos I think poetry is very much playing with thoughts whilst putting these thoughts in different frames, or , if you like, no particular frame at all.
    The thoughts you express regarding silence are just marvellously well said.
    Thanks and efgaristo para poli!

PS: and when it comes to philosophy: you're Greek, baby! we're just jealous, you know

13. spake said:

I enjoyed this poem also, because even though it is philosophically directed, what comes across is that it is wriitten by someone who is facinated by the magic of poetry.

Katie13 said:

Aw, thanks! Gee, maybe I should switch to Physics and Philosophy... ahaha!