Please identify this 80s or early 90s ballad tune (female singer, smooth voice)

Thread: Please identify this 80s or early 90s ballad tune (female singer, smooth voice)

Tags: None
  1. pianoman74 said:

Default Please identify this 80s or early 90s ballad tune (female singer, smooth voice)

Hey there,

here's another of the never-solved-to-this day kind. Sample was posted somewhere else many years ago, and nobody has ever managed to nail it down.
    For what I can say, the voice reminds me a LOT of Sophie B. Hawkins, but I haven't found anything close to this song in her discography so far.

Be warned, it's not much to play with, because the part on the sample mainly goes "doo-doo-doo..." (But you guys were able to solve so many songs on here that went "doo-doo-doo" in the past even WITHOUT samples, so nothing is impossible as they say)
    Thanks in advance.

http://www10.zippyshare.com/v/9833549/file.html

cbwillallen25 said:

Hey, if you recall is there anything that you can add to the sample? Do you remember where you got the sample off of? Do you remember where you were?

3. pianoman74 said:

None of the above, no. I'm sorry.

cbwillallen25 said:

It's all good, it will still be found.

cbwillallen25 said:

The link expired, but prior I placed it on youtube for extra exposure. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0rjCJS_txg

Also a thought came to mind. I heard a song before when I was a kid by Paula Cole. It's called "Where Have All the Cowboys Gone". During the song she sings something like "do doodoo do doodoo". Not only does she sound similar to the artist in the song, but this isn't the only song she sings the do do do, etc. Not saying it's her, but it's something that could be helpful. Unfortunately some of her songs are hard to access.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPR108kwNo4

6. pianoman74 said:

Quote Originally Posted by cbwillallen25 View Post
    The link expired, but prior I placed it on youtube for extra exposure.
    Many thanks for your effort! I must say I'm not a role model when it comes to updating expired URLs - probably because the finding of these songs isn't so top priority for me ATM. (Which also shows by the fact that I don't go bumping those permanently.)

cbwillallen25 said:

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman74 View Post
    Many thanks for your effort! I must say I'm not a role model when it comes to updating expired URLs - probably because the finding of these songs isn't so top priority for me ATM. (Which also shows by the fact that I don't go bumping those permanently.)
    You're welcome. It definitely is a challenge. Right now I'm thinking that someone would have to recognize it. I feel as though this is the beginning, or not long after the beginning of the song. Too bad this apparently may not be a song one can use a song detecting app to solve, but hey you never know.