Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Thanks

The most charming creatures on this earth. The only women who can show what they feel and, they do feel.
    Stunning feeling...to just meet them.

Thanks

The most charming creatures on this earth. The only women who can show what they feel and, they do feel.

Thanks

International Womens Day is March 8 but their website had a new "campaign" page posted yesterday...i suppose bcs this is the halfway point between the last one and the next one..?
    lovely photos of Liv and Alyssa and also one of our national heroes, Sandra Bullock

This was shared by a Bulgarian friend on facebook and i don't have any idea at all why Bulgaria keeps showing up on my radar?? lol

caption...."When you do something noble and beautiful and nobody noticed; do not be sad. For the sun, every morning, is a beautiful spectacle and yet; most of the audience still sleeps..." ~ John Lennon
    Music is what feelings sound like
    Listen to the Love
    ~♥♥~

Thanks

Safey, you know I agree with most all of your beautiful women; we've spoken of them before. Liv and Sandra are standouts we both love.
    But the kid in the T-shirt really needs to go, and I don't think he's even welcome on the "Rap" section any more. :S :l
    Thanks for being a pal . . . I know you're tough enough to "take it"!

Thanks

i can delete that young boy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie Jasmine View Post
    Safey, you know I agree with most all of your beautiful women; we've spoken of them before. Liv and Sandra are standouts we both love.
    But the kid in the T-shirt really needs to go, and I don't think he's even welcome on the "Rap" section any more. :S :l
    Thanks for being a pal . . . I know you're tough enough to "take it"!
    but i have a question though: what is "Rap" section??

Thanks

Mr. De Niro,

filled our lives with suspense and enjoyment through his movies...

I think about him really often... Wish if he could stay on the scene for the next 20 years or so, but i am not sure if he agrees...

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

I'm missing the summer.... what can I do?

Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by safe1 View Post
    but i have a question though: what is "Rap" section??
    This is the "rap" section, which was recently revamped to "clean it up." There's a lot of profanity in rap . . . but I find it's invading English pop music also. I dislike profanity.

https://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/ra...ew-restricted/

Thanks

I don't think it's invading English pop music in general... It maybe invades new generation artists of English pop music.
    But for that one, it's the responsibility of people at my age and/or your age, as that generation is at their early 20's.

If you get what I mean...

Thanks

Default O.W.O. - Merely responding; not meaning to cause disagreements ...

Quote Originally Posted by safe1 View Post
    I don't think it's invading English pop music in general... It maybe invades new generation artists of English pop music.
    But for that one, it's the responsibility of people at my age and/or your age, as that generation is at their early 20's.

If you get what I mean...
    So right. Profanity is invading the newer generation of English music. I happen to enjoy the some of the so-called newer generation of pop music (the following are not all the "newest") Linkin Park, Bruno Mars, Katy Perry (far from my fav singer!), Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, naming a few, e.g. And their music (as I experience it) is becoming more profane than it was at one time. Though I like some of this music and more, I don't purchase it because of profanity.

To a degree, responsibility for the production, recording, and promotion of music lies with adults of our age--not those who are in their early-twenties. Many artists are in their 30s--certainly an age of accountablity. They are not teens.

I also agree that adults (or anyone) can refuse to buy music with profanity. However, teens in the U.S. have a much higher buying power for music.

U.S. radio is monitored by the FCC (Federal Communications Commission) which enforces exhorbitant fines for program airing profanity. Radio-versions of a song with profane words is substituted with unobtrusive 'blank.' Often it's not know until the music is purchased what profanity the lyrics contain.

Quote from Yolanda Adams on BET Awards 2012: “Please make sure that you use your gift responsibly . . . Our babies are watching, and they want to be like us.” O.W.O.: . . . Miss Yolanda voiced one key to the problem--personal accountability, concern for younger generations.

Last edited by Frankie Jasmine; 09-03-2012 at 12:14 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie Jasmine View Post
    To a degree, responsibility for the production, recording, and promotion of music lies with adults of our age--not those who are in their early-twenties. Many artists are in their 30s--certainly an age of accountablity. They are not teens.
    I would say to a very large degree, "we" are responsible. It mostly falls on Rap/Hip-Hop, but we also have to include modern R&B (not the true classic R&B) from the early 90's or even late 80's forward (especially sex-related "explicitness") which means that a lot of those songwriters are in their 40's.

The worst of the problem now is youtube. There is almost no control of what gets uploaded there, and youtube's method of "verifying" age is pure B.S.

Not to mention that comments on youtube videos are not regulated or censored at all, at least in the USA, unless they get enough "dislikes" or "spam" reports by fellow commenters.

Edit: Aaaaaand so because of history, and what was allowed over decades to become pervasive (in spite of the FCC), there is one song by a very popular Pop artist that has an alternate version, with one word changed in the title (and all through the song), and I will not mention that artist or title, but it was a bit alarming to me when I first saw it about 6 months ago.... where someone had it posted in the video section of their social-media profile page, most likely void of any kind of censorship.
    Last edited by MoonRide*r*; 09-03-2012 at 06:38 PM.
    There is no glamour in sudden death, and nobody ever wins a war.
    :
    Rockers Unite! =>
    ROCK 'n' Roll Halls of Fame

Thanks

That is so true baby....i grew up listening to music that made me raise my eyebrows quite often....and sometimes sent Dad's had scrambling to quickly change the station
    and there are many songs that i love that i don't even dare to post on sites like this bcs i presume that there are lots of very young people on here quite often. that goes to several artists of various ages, but one of those artists, tech n9ne, is now 40 years old and his popularity expands across 2 generations at least...my 64-yo Dad even likes a couple of their songs

so to get back on topic?
    my present escapist mood.....

Music is what feelings sound like
    Listen to the Love
    ~♥♥~

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast