Good Rock For 3 Man Band

Thread: Good Rock For 3 Man Band

Tags: None
  1. PurelyCanadian said:

Default Good Rock For 3 Man Band

Hey, I was just wondering if anybody had any tunes that they know that would be suitable for a 3 person band... We aren't official yet but we are trying to find some music that would work good.

- Drums (Can't remember how many pieces.. not my instrument)
    - Elec. Guitar
    - Bass
    - (I also have an acoustic guitar, which I can switch to for some songs instead of electric if needed).

Nothing too complicated, not yet. Not metal or anything too extreme. Old rock will do as well. Anything you can think of that would work with a 3 person band would be beneficial. If it requires 4 people, we do have an extra person who can play now and then...

Thank you very much.
  2. smileykirni said:

umm hmm Keane is a three member band buut they have one guy who sings a drummer and a guy who play the keyboard so i dunno if that would be what you're looking for but thought i would let you know just in case you wanna check out their music

vranac said:

try with RHCP or Nirvana, maybe queens or Foo Fighters. It depends of your skills. I Play bass in a 3-man band and we're mostly playing RHCP. they're good, try with them if your bassman is skilled enough
  4. Pee || Hole said:

muse is a tree man band. some songs are easy to play. but most of them are hard too sing.
  5. Mads-san said:

muse is a good option. if you practice enough you will get the vocal at the end( not nearly as good as Matthew Bellamy in Muse himself, cause he has a supernatural voice,but good enough to perform ^^
  6. the319 said:

im in a 3 man band doing guitar and main vocals, most of our covers are muse and if you grew up singing along to muse (like me) then vocals like matt's just come naturally.
    but if that fourth man comes in handy every now and then, weezer is really fun to play.

also, if your going for a big sound dont shy away from backing tracks, thats what makes muse sound so dynamic.