Echoes of the Light

Thread: Echoes of the Light

Tags: None
  1. RobberBaron said:

Default Echoes of the Light

So, I haven't been on for a while, but I thought I'd share something with you that I wrote while I was away (bear in mind, it sounds better if I read it out loud).

Echoes of the Light - Copyright © RobberBaron Enterprises 2012

Am I alone, or just silent?
    Do I seek what never was?
    Or something lost so far beneath,
    No longer with a cause

Are you the one I feel
    When I touch the rain?
    Are you the dust in sunbeams?
    Are you the light of day?

My mirror shows your legacy,
    Staring back at me,
    Is this the image that you made?
    Am I all I could be?

The void still echoes voices,
    Yours, who could say?
    How can I take another step
    When I still fear the way?

Are you an artwork of my mind,
    Or do I hear you call?
    The only question left is:
    Were you ever there at all?

Doug Denslowe said:

RB,I never doubt your songs,having heard them.This is very...........different.It reminds of my poem Midnight Sun.Are you familiar with it?Were you ever there at all?

3. RobberBaron said:

I've just read it and there doesn't seem to be an overlap in themes: "were you really there" and "Were you ever there at all?" is just a funny coincidence, and otherwise our poems seem to be about completely different things. If you'd like, you can explain to me in your words what Midnight Sun is about?

Doug Denslowe said:

Great minds think alike!I love to tell you what it's about,but I'd have to PM you.

Teshka said:

Idk why i didn't comment before, this has such a classic atmosphere that it seems to levitate above the words themselves as i read it. You have a genuine gift mister Baron and its always a great pleasure to read your poetry and lyrics :-)
    Music is what feelings sound like
    Listen to the Love
    ~♥♥~

6. RobberBaron said:

Wow, thank you! Your comment is very much appreciated

Frankie Jasmine said:

RobberBaron: You were missed. Well, this poem made my heart do a flip-flop starting here:
    (This is equal to getting goosebumps when a fantastic singer sings far above and beyond what is usual for even top professionals.)

Are you the dust in sunbeams?
    Are you the light of day?

My mirror shows your legacy,
    Staring back at me,
    Is this the image that you made?
    Am I all I could be

and then it just kept going, grabbing me. I know my life; I know the lives of several others on ATL. You do not know our lives, but you write as if you did know! Do you know this is real art? You are speaking such a truth, that people of many ages--easily, uncomfortably, but with relief of being understood--can identify with. This is classic writing. I don't know what it is about you with this poem; it's as though you're a young man with a very mature soul.

Thank you for this thoughtful, meaningful, universal poem.

8. RobberBaron said:

I seriously love you guys :L Thank you so much!