River Inside

Thread: River Inside

Tags: None

MoonRide*r* said:

Default River Inside

Short 'n sweet. I think I wrote this just to get the 2nd and 3rd verses down on paper...

It's a river that flows to an unknown end
    But day to day
    What I see around every bend
    Is your pretty face
    And the sun shining from your eyes again

Dreaming of what's inside of you
    It can't be real
    But as it flows, our river of blue
    You are how I feel
    And it all feels so right and true

From the start you didn't hesitate
    Or even want to ask,
    Just what is this all about?
    We couldn't deny
    The love, mirrored on the river's glass

Our love is the river that does not end
    And as the river is deep
    Even more I fall for you again
    And it's ours to keep
    This river of love that has no end.

Edit: I've had thoughts about another verse, so this is most likely not a finished product yet.
    Last edited by MoonRide*r*; 08-28-2012 at 11:17 PM.
    There is no glamour in sudden death, and nobody ever wins a war.
    :
    Rockers Unite! =>
    ROCK 'n' Roll Halls of Fame

Teshka said:

I love this style.....and ofc the second verse <33
    Music is what feelings sound like
    Listen to the Love
    ~♥♥~

MoonRide*r* said:

Конечно, потому что река тебя, внутри меня. <33
    :
    Rockers Unite! =>

Teshka said:

душенька
    Listen to the Love
    ~♥♥~

Doug Denslowe said:

Oh you little Romantic,you.What a nice Valentine to Tess!Moon,I love the line,"But as it flows,our river of blue"!!Wow,dats good stuff!You're lucky,you've got someone who inspires you to write lovely poetry.All my songs are about break-ups or being hurt.Again,Good job!

Frankie Jasmine said:

Yes, sirree, it's hard not to be jealous of your love poems! Very nice, Moon.

But may I say that my favorite stanza is the last:

Our love is the river that does not end
    And as the river is deep
    Even more I fall for you again
    And it's ours to keep
    This river of love that has no end.

7. Zakynthos said:

I see that Doug and Frankie have already picked their favourite lines so I'm going to do the same here: (!)

We couldn't deny
    The love, mirrored on the river's glass

That's amazing! I love all the metaphors. There are only a few things that can touch me but this is definitely one of them (from now). I could even dedicate this to a girl

Teshka said:

Zak i totally agree with you and yea i think that Moon would love for it to be shared in that way

Up until i was 11-12 years old my Mom and then my aunt (Dad's sister) would read some of their favorite poems and love sonnets to me, in the lovely ways that they could speak, and i especially loved the ones that were a little "off-beat" or assymetric like this poem, and that's another big reason why i love this one so so much <3
    Listen to the Love
    ~♥♥~

MoonRide*r* said:

Doug, there was about a year when everything I wrote was about as dark and heavy as that manic thing, so I know where you're coming from. And yeah it's way nice to be able to write stuff a lil more pleasant

Frankie, there was also a "day" when finishing something with any polish at all was the hardest thing for me. So it's great to know you like the ending the best!

Zakynthos, I consider that line the icing on the cake, so thanks a heap for that! and yeah, go for it

Mega-Thanks guys, I really appreciate it! I may still add another verse, if I can ever get past the first line.

Tess...... <33
    :
    Rockers Unite! =>

10. mexico62 said:

Congratulations MoonRide*r*, you did an excellent work, having in mind the idea of love, I think that all of us noticed the change between manicīs theme and this. We have some verses as favourites, but all the poem is beautiful complete, as a human body. Although Doug says that he talks about sorrow in his lyrics and poems, is easy to see that all we live for love, no matter if is in our present, if itīs something that we lost and now long for it, or if someone cheat on us and now we donīt want to hear about fall in love again, as you see all in life is about love, so God bless you and bless your love. !Viva el amorĄ

MoonRide*r* said:

Thanks my friend .. Yeah I like the way you said all of that... whether we're in the middle of it, or if it's something we had and then lost, or maybe we've never found that "one true love" yet, it's there in all of us, one way or the other. Viva el amor, porque el amor es la vida
    :
    Rockers Unite! =>

amaryn said:

Quote Originally Posted by Teshka View Post
    I love this style.....and ofc the second verse <33

WATER: the unforgotten symbol of life. With enough water a desert could be turned into a dense forest; imagine therefore the powerful comparison when it comes to love; IOW: , Moon