It Takes Money

Thread: It Takes Money

Tags: doug denslowe, doug denslowe song, it takes money

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by amaryn View Post
    Tonight going over It Takes Money again, I suddenly can't help it, but in the background sounds the rough voice of that
    Grand Lady Janis Joplin when she sings:"Oh Lord, will you buy me a Mercedes Benz"?
    High praise,indeed!Thank you so much,you're a gentleman and a scholar!

2. Peter Both said:

When I hear that song I can't help thinking about those heartbreaking scenes in 'Bangkok Hilton' (with Nicole Kidman)

Doug Denslowe said:

I only heard the song after she passed.It always reminds me of the postscript of her life.
    (Janis Joplin)
    Last edited by Doug Denslowe; 02-13-2013 at 11:11 AM.

amaryn said:

There's not a sadder place on Earth than Bangkok Hilton After that you'd like to skip materialism for good,lol

Doug Denslowe said:

Up for second look.................

jessie zuppo said:

Dougie,
    I recently saw a post that you stated you had 44 songs posted online...! I've only read and critiqued a handful of those, so I did a little digging and I found this gem! Wow and the fact that it was written in 2005 is even more amazing. As a song, you killed it! The repeating verse is very catchy and you stay committed to it. In fact, you commit through the whole song. This is the type of conviction I'm used to seeing in your writing. I hesitate to say that perhaps you were more footloose and free at that time b/c you wrote for yourself and close friends only. Your writing now is super, don't get me wrong...but I feel a spark, a passion, and a drive in this song that seems to be more reserved in your more recent songs.Does that make sense?
    I LOVE THE STANZA

Only date models
    with the silkiest hair
    even my chauffeur
    is a millionaire

This is similar to my own style of rhyme- free verse

Your writing to date is way, way above average and worthy of being a hit...I just feel something in this piece that emoted a passion for writing.
    Well done!

Wild West Jess

jessie zuppo said:

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Denslowe View Post
    Up for second look.................
    This is my first look! Love it

jessie zuppo said:

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie Jasmine View Post
    Excellent, Doug. You put much thought into this one, it seems to me. Seems like it's ready for the Big Time!

I like this line best because of its relevancy:

Pay a staff of Doctors
    In case I get sick
    Cause,I seem to know
    Which medicine to pick
    I couldn't agree with you more Frankie! I, too, love that stanza b/c it's straight from the heart and it's boldly truthful.

jessie zuppo said:

Quote Originally Posted by mexico62 View Post
    Hi Doug, as you usually do, made an excellent work, I havenīt hear the songs you refer, but I tried to imagine your lyrics with a continuos strong bass to support the rhythm, but I promise you that I will listen carefully the three songs, but for the moment I think that this is going to be a top 10 hit. Gracias amigo Doug.
    Mexico62,
    I couldn't agree more. I'm a more 'poetry' person and even 'spoken word', but this song is stellar! I'm so happy that others are able to see Doug's immense propensity in writing hit songs!

jessie zuppo said:

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie Jasmine View Post
    I think this is what you're talkin' about, Doug. Wheewww! Memphis-style blues. I like! I like! ['Scuze me, please. I stand corrected--this is Chicago-style blues. Memphis blues is a bit more electric and a touch more rock 'n roll . . . before rock 'n roll crossed over to mainstream.]

[w5IOou6qN1o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=w5IOou6qN1o[/video]
    Thank you Frankie, this provided me with a better understanding of Doug's inspirations