Untitled (Work In Progress)

Thread: Untitled (Work In Progress)

Tags: None

Venomonology said:

Default Untitled (Work In Progress)

Ok, so I had an idea of putting Heidegger's 'Being and Time' into lyrical form.. maybe putting a whole E.P. together with each song representing one of his main themes, such as "Being-in-the-world", "Being-with-others", "anxiety" (or how else you might like to translate "Angst") and "moods", which he believes are fundamental and actually shape (to an extent) our phenomonal perceptions. In this thread I'll be demonstrating how I piece my work together over time. It'll be a long process with lines/verses being added and taken away fairly regularly. Once one 'theme' is done, I'll continue the next theme in a new post within this thread. Like an ongoing project for you all to see.

Here's what I've got so far, please feel free to give feedback and any constructive criticisms.

Future selves crash into and shatter presents past;
    But the present's just a moment of perception never grasped.
    Ambition and tradition come together in a terror crash,
    Should be forced to listen; friction's muted by the telesats.
    Screams are forgotten at the bottom of a bottle neck,
    Drowned out sounds loud enough to shatter monuments.
    Throttle check – Yep! Good to go after countdown
    Solved the conundrum; 9 lettered non-count noun.
    Last edited by Venomonology; 09-11-2012 at 08:23 AM.

ThomasJeffertwentydimes said:

Just tryna help idk how you want it to sound but 'tradition' sounds like an old word, maybe saying 'Ambition should be forced to listen' would be better.

3. _SBU said:

aw, you deleted a verse and the explanation text? it was all good stuff. Perhaps it is more concise now, could still benefit from being longer though.
    a Heidegger e.p is a great idea, I love it. the concept and the rap itself are both deliciously refreshing. imo your lyrics are a big credit to the site, keep it up.

Venomonology said:

Yeah, the thread title "work in progress" means I've given myself the freedom to add and delete what I feel like until I announce it complete. I can put the expo back up, but the first verse didn't fit with the concept in my mind, more of a comment on my mental state right now. If I can find a way to work the lines in I will, but only if I'm happy with it.

Venomonology said:

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasJeffertwentydimes View Post
    Just tryna help idk how you want it to sound but 'tradition' sounds like an old word, maybe saying 'Ambition should be forced to listen' would be better.
    thanks for the idea, but because of what I'm going for I need to use those words. I'm trying to actually say that traditions passed down from generations before us are constantly smashing into the ambitions of new generations, like a series of crashes.

smoothtung said:

Quote Originally Posted by Venomonology View Post
    Ok, so I had an idea of putting Heidegger's 'Being and Time' into lyrical form.. maybe putting a whole E.P. together with each song representing one of his main themes, such as "Being-in-the-world", "Being-with-others", "anxiety" (or how else you might like to translate "Angst") and "moods", which he believes are fundamental and actually shape (to an extent) our phenomonal perceptions. In this thread I'll be demonstrating how I piece my work together over time. It'll be a long process with lines/verses being added and taken away fairly regularly. Once one 'theme' is done, I'll continue the next theme in a new post within this thread. Like an ongoing project for you all to see.

Here's what I've got so far, please feel free to give feedback and any constructive criticisms.

Future selves crash into and shatter presents past;
    But the present's just a moment of perception never grasped.
    Ambition and tradition come together in a terror crash,
    Should be forced to listen; friction's muted by the telesats.
    Screams are forgotten at the bottom of a bottle neck,
    Drowned out sounds loud enough to shatter monuments.
    Throttle check – Yep! Good to go after countdown
    Solved the conundrum; 9 lettered non-count noun.
    Good stuff. Take out 'terror' in the third line and see how that sounds.