Swan Song

Thread: Swan Song

Tags: None
  1. Zakynthos said:

Default Swan Song

iu;l;huni
    Last edited by Zakynthos; 04-21-2020 at 10:55 AM.

Teshka said:

i like it, gonna comment on this later when i'm not on cell and eating lunch at the same time
    Music is what feelings sound like
    Listen to the Love
    ~♥♥~

Frankie Jasmine said:

Zantenian: How is it possible for someone non-English to write such beautiful poetry/lyrics? This is so far beyond my comprehension that you could express yourself so very well in a language not your own. I am so impressed by this ability/talent.

Swan Song is an over-used expression. Yet, you have made it fresh and new. The lyrics are not "sappy" or "oversweet" or even melodramatic. They are real, true, and well-spoken. I am surprised to hear you say, 'this is from February; I don't feel this way now.' The reason for surprise is that your lyrics (which I call poetry) move me, make my heart feel something it was not feeling before I read it. I empathized with your feelings of last February. That is not an easy thing to do, to move another person's heart and feelings through words; yet you moved mine. I guess it goes through my mind: How can you yourself read this and not feel?... unless--as perhaps was implied--that you cut those feelings off. Believe me, sometimes we have to do that; I don't complain about that! But you moved me . . . so the thought is merely . . . that you do not move yourself emotionally at this time. I hope one day you can see and feel the beauty of your lyrics again, as I do. = for the sadness of your song . . . = for the pleasure of the song.

Teshka said:

Zak this reminds me a great deal of a movie that i just saw again last night, Shadowlands, and the words that Joy spoke to C.S. Lewis in that "golden valley"....."The happiness now is part of the pain then. That's the deal." Ofc their story was different from the one that you wrote about in these lyrics but i believe that the connection is still there...and he said in the opposite way after she died: "The pain now is part of the happiness then....." but both of them were saying that it doesn't last, by all the rules of life it just cannot last, but for exactly that same reason isn't it important to be able be to remember....the happiness....and just refuse to let it go bcs then maybe the greatest value of our life and also the truest value of someone else's existence would become valueless.

Why are you crying?
    What if I love you?

Yes what if, or so what if you still do? Is that good or bad? My answer would be that love is never bad and i believe that this swan song says that very well, in its own way and very beautifully and gracefully. I like this very much and thank you very much for sharing this with all of us
    Music is what feelings sound like
    Listen to the Love
    ~♥♥~

5. Zakynthos said:

How is it possible for someone non-English to write such beautiful poetry/lyrics? This is so far beyond my comprehension that you could express yourself so very well in a language not your own. I am so impressed by this ability/talent.
    My friends are wondering the same thing, sometimes including me. I suppose... it's simply because I love English, "every day" I learn a new word... I insist on the smallest detail...and I'm still trying to improve. I started learning Latin last year and noticed that many English words have Latin root, for example from the verb "vinco" (=to win) we have the words "victor", "victory/victoria", "victorious" et cetera (another Latin expression). Latin also helped me improve, that is.

Swan Song is an over-used expression. Yet, you have made it fresh and new. The lyrics are not "sappy" or "oversweet" or even melodramatic. They are real, true, and well-spoken. I am surprised to hear you say, 'this is from February; I don't feel this way now.' The reason for surprise is that your lyrics (which I call poetry) move me, make my heart feel something it was not feeling before I read it. I empathized with your feelings of last February. That is not an easy thing to do, to move another person's heart and feelings through words; yet you moved mine. I guess it goes through my mind: How can you yourself read this and not feel?... unless--as perhaps was implied--that you cut those feelings off. Believe me, sometimes we have to do that; I don't complain about that! But you moved me . . . so the thought is merely . . . that you do not move yourself emotionally at this time. I hope one day you can see and feel the beauty of your lyrics again, as I do. = for the sadness of your song . . . = for the pleasure of the song.
    I did not suppress my own feelings, they just faded...just like they came to me....

As I was reading your highly appreciated opinion, I couldn't help smiling. Saying "thank you" would not be enough, but... thank you!

6. Zakynthos said:

Zak this reminds me a great deal of a movie that i just saw again last night, Shadowlands, and the words that Joy spoke to C.S. Lewis in that "golden valley"....."The happiness now is part of the pain then. That's the deal." Ofc their story was different from the one that you wrote about in these lyrics but i believe that the connection is still there...and he said in the opposite way after she died: "The pain now is part of the happiness then....." but both of them were saying that it doesn't last, by all the rules of life it just cannot last, but for exactly that same reason isn't it important to be able be to remember....the happiness....and just refuse to let it go bcs then maybe the greatest value of our life and also the truest value of someone else's existence would become valueless.
    Tess, thanks to your description, I'm going to watch it. I checked it on Wikipedia and saw that Anthony Hopkins is in the lead role. He's got the same name as me. lol

Frankie Jasmine said:

Quote Originally Posted by Zakynthos View Post
    My friends are wondering the same thing, sometimes including me. I suppose... it's simply because I love English, "every day" I learn a new word... I insist on the smallest detail...and I'm still trying to improve. I started learning Latin last year and noticed that many English words have Latin root, for example from the verb "vinco" (=to win) we have the words "victor", "victory/victoria", "victorious" et cetera (another Latin expression). Latin also helped me improve, that is.

I did not suppress my own feelings, they just faded...just like they came to me....

As I was reading your highly appreciated opinion, I couldn't help smiling. Saying "thank you" would not be enough, but... thank you!
    Dear Zak,

You are welcome and deserving. And you made me feel something when I was feeling nothing. THAT'S powerful.

I am soooo glad you're learning Latin.
    This is my big regret from High School. No one was pointing me in a scholastic direction at home (at all) or at school. I didn't even know Latin was offered, until my look-alike best friend/nearly same named (first & last) friend was already into it. Too late for me to join. I think she wanted to separate from me and excel on her own without me being around--sort of like twins!

(I know it's never too late to learn--and I do try to learn things. When your own family expands from our two girls to a total of 14 family members, we have no lack of occupation and responsibility!)

8. Zakynthos said:

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie Jasmine View Post
    Dear Zak,

You are welcome and deserving. And you made me feel something when I was feeling nothing. THAT'S powerful.

I am soooo glad you're learning Latin.
    This is my big regret from High School. No one was pointing me in a scholastic direction at home (at all) or at school. I didn't even know Latin was offered, until my look-alike best friend/nearly same named (first & last) friend was already into it. Too late for me to join. I think she wanted to separate from me and excel on her own without me being around--sort of like twins!

(I know it's never too late to learn--and I do try to learn things. When your own family expands from our two girls to a total of 14 family members, we have no lack of occupation and responsibility!)
    Seriously, 14 family members? That's . . . great!
    Thank god Latin is also offered in university!