Driving for miles
    Just for the fans
    That scream in the aisles

A little boys dream
    Has become reality
    Cause it can be over
    Fast as One....Two....Three....

Written for and Dedicated to mexico62
    Last edited by Doug Denslowe; 02-10-2013 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Slow Blues in "A"

Frankie Jasmine said:

Doug, I do not care for theatrical wrestling. However, here, as you word this, I see a man only trying to support his family. Your song makes the life of a wrestler real; that he is not just a hideous "thing" that he is made to appear in the ring; but he is a human being enjoying very little real, warm human support, and his real life and true love are at a distance . . . which is never good for long. Thank you for making the life of such a man "real" to me. I will not think so stereotypically of circus-like theatrical "performers" in the same way again. It is a sad, true story. Thank you.
    Last edited by Frankie Jasmine; 09-06-2012 at 10:03 PM.

3. mexico62 said:

Hey Doug, Thanks a lot, this is so special for me, cause we talk some weeks ago, and you made a miracle. As our dear F. J., says, is awesome that you made a real life story. I donīt remember the exact word now, but you made me feel my skin like a chicken, Iīm so grateful and Iīm not so sure about your idea, but as I was reading it sound in my mind as a slow song maybe in the style of the Kinks, hope you can give me some details of your concept. Thank you for this remarkable creation, you are getting better in each lyrics you share with us. Gracias amigo Doug.

4. mexico62 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie Jasmine View Post
    Doug, I do not care for theatrical wrestling. However, here, as you word this, I see a man only trying to support his family. Your song makes the life of a wrester real; that he is not just a hideous "thing" that he is made to appear in the ring; but he is a human being enjoying very little real, warm human support, and his real life and true love are at a distance . . . which is never good for long. Thank you for making the life of such a man "real" to me. I will not think so stereotypically of circus-like theatrical "performers" in the same way again. It is a sad, true story. Thank you.
    Hi F. J., I think as you that this song make us think of people more as persons than just a smiling face.
    All they have families, they cry, love, and have fears, they are not more, not less human than us.
    this is a so human work that let us feel closer to the people that we see around us everywhere.

Frankie Jasmine said:

Quote Originally Posted by mexico62 View Post
    Hey Doug, Thanks a lot, ... I donīt remember the exact word now, but you made me feel my skin like a chicken, ...Thank you for this remarkable creation, you are getting better in each lyrics you share with us. Gracias amigo Doug.
    HahaHa, Mexico! You made me laugh. You expressed it well. I think the British and upper-crust call it "goose-flesh" and a lot of American's say, "It gives me goose-bumps."

This is the "barometer" by which I can judge the extraordinary quality of a singer--if I get "goose-bumps"! It has never happened to me in reading lyrics. So Doug doesn't know how strong his song is!

Every time I use the expression "goose-bumps," I think to myself: English is such a good and versatile language; isn't there a better word to express this wonderful, visceral reaction than "goose-bumps"?!!!!!!

Doug Denslowe said:

When you (mexico62)asked me to write a song about Wrestling,I had to think about it,knowing it wouldn't get any "Likes" on the Lyrics Reveiw site.Not that's all I care about,but I do know what it's like to be ignored time and time again.When I was growing up,one of the few things my father and I bonded over was working out.Long before it was a national obsession,my dad was working out at a Health Club that bodybuilder and pro Wrestler Ray "Thunder"Stern owned and ran.(This was the very first in the San Francisco Bay Area,even pre-dating Jack Lalane)During some of my "visits"to the gym,other pro Wrestlers would be working out and their "bigger than life"personalities was apparent.To an eight year old boy,this was the first time I was "starstruck"!I actually wanted to be a Wrestler,before I discovered girls and Rock'n'Roll!Needless to say,I stayed interested in Wrestling and it's a guilty pleasure to this day.I also like Project Runway,so what can I say?Thank you both for your kind words,and if you want to see how this song was first started,look for "Fried Bread Substitute" on the Poetry site,Comment #8!!
    Last edited by Doug Denslowe; 09-06-2012 at 09:50 PM.

Teshka said:

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Denslowe View Post
    knowing it wouldn't get any "Likes"
    Doug i'm glad that you didn't let that stop you bcs first it was wrong :-) but more than that, my Dad is not a wrestler or anything close but he spent half of his adult life in "temporary situations" doing some of the most thankless kind of work, altho he was also lucky that Mom could be with him for a lot of that time. these lyrics are great by themselves but they also speak on behalf of many that you probably would not realize. this is great and thank you for stepping up to the challenge :-)
    Music is what feelings sound like
    Listen to the Love
    ~♥♥~

Frankie Jasmine said:

Yeah, Doug, I'd say you're a versatile guy! I already embarrassed myself admitting I like "Duck Dynasty"!!! (Yes, and Project Runway!)

Doug Denslowe said:

Frankie,if you said you liked Howard the Duck,that would be embarrassing."Duck Dynasty"is cool as can be!Take it from me,I know.(Re:Cooler than Cool!!!)

MoonRide*r* said:

Aaaaaamazing Doug! Funny thing, I was also thinking yesterday or the day before about one of my favorite old George Strait songs, Amarillo By Morning, i.e., the rodeo circuit. I've spent some time in Texas (love S.A.), Wyoming, all around, and it's the same thing, but not really, because a rodeo cowboy is pretty much considered a glamour boy, compared to what a lot of folks think about wrestling. Great layout and great lines, I love it!

......... but-but-but....... what's wrong with liking Howard the Duck?
    There is no glamour in sudden death, and nobody ever wins a war.
    :
    Rockers Unite! =>
    ROCK 'n' Roll Halls of Fame

Doug Denslowe said:

Dat was a joke.Tanks a tot for your kind words.

amaryn said:

Hi again, you wordwrestler number One
    Loneliness is a frightening aunt visiting you for tea whilst you don't really want her!
    I.O.W, Doug: you opened hopefully a few pair of eyes that people surrounding you because of your profession
    doesnot guarantee you have a great life: it may in some cases even make you feel more lonely.
    Musicians are known to suffer from that. The outside world finds that hard to believe.
    I know some famous ones whose "aunt" comes in the shape of alcohol , drugs, poker...
    It touched me, this poem of yours.
    Thanks a lot though.

13. Peter Both said:

It bears some resemblance to one of my favorite songs from the 70s: Guitar Man by Bread. Different walks of life, same melancholy.

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Both View Post
    It bears some resemblance to one of my favorite songs from the 70s: Guitar Man by Bread. Different walks of life, same melancholy.
    Thanks for the comparison.I just listened to Guitar Man (to refresh my memory)and it has one of the best hooks ever.Life on the road is life on the road,regardless of what you do.A musician dreams of going on tour,that's why most groups break up;the road.

Doug Denslowe said:

The Pope of Greenwich Village and Diner were also great Mickey flicks.Also I loved him in Body Heat and Sin City.Thanks for the kind words,Rock Rebel.
    (this was an answer to a writer who has been banned,thus his remark is gone)
    Last edited by Doug Denslowe; 10-20-2013 at 12:20 PM.

16. lhunny said:

good read Doug...never would've thought he was a "fat slob"...

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by lhunny View Post
    good read Doug...never would've thought he was a "fat slob"...
    If you know wrestling fans,they're liable to say anything!Plus.......it rhymed!!