[SOLVED] Old unidentified difficult soundtrack, I want help!

Thread: [SOLVED] Old unidentified difficult soundtrack, I want help!

Tags: None

MysteryUp said:

Default [SOLVED] Old unidentified difficult soundtrack, I want help!

Hello I search this for two years without any luck.

To sum it up

I listen mostly to soundtracks for 3 years and I have downloaded / bought a lot of them. They are almost from every known and lesser known composers and they vary in Greek, Italian, French and American movies ones I have almost 7,000 in my hard disks. But some of them are in my folders just because I heard them play as background on some television series in my country and I loved the sound. I especially love John Barry's Spinneree which was frequently played on a tv series here.

And that's where the problem begins. I watch this Greek tv show that aired from 2003-2006 and what's the most intriguing thing about it was the music scores the supervisor chose to put in, he always chose soundtracks and their many wonderful variations. Apart from being wonderful, the scores in this show are somewhat rare: variations from L'Avventura, an Italian movie since the early 60's, were played often. The 1989 soundtrack of Killing Fields by Mike Oldfield, a rare diamond, was also played a lot so you understand that I find some of them from your help here, but sometimes many of them are so obscure and rare that not even Shazam or SoundHound can identify them.

Fortunately one very old soundtrack that I searched and played in that show was found by myself, thanks to pure luck. But the following soundtrack is somewhat difficult to identify. I've said the same thing before for soundtracks like Bacalov's "Il Postino" a famous Italian romance that was so easy to find with the help of people, but this one is so rare and obscure. I think and obviously not many know it because 2 years now the people that tried to search it failed like I do every single time.

Well what I search can be either the composer's name or the movie for it was composed, the country of the soundtrack could be a big help too. Before I post the variations heard on the show I want to ask for your help: even if you don't know it, you may help me with suggestions like from what year it could be released, or from what country could it come from. I know sometimes listening to a music, even if you don't know it you can tell about it's antiquity just by the sounds, right?

So here we go. The following are 3 parts of a particular episode where this soundtrack occurs at some point. The times are when the soundtrack variations occur. And I say variations because the melodies are somewhat similar in sound so it's about a soundtrack. So here we go!

1st part) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJcoAbMP06M

@01:35 SOLVED: Jorge Arriagada - L'Adoration Perpetuelle (Le Temps Retrouve: OST)
    @07:12
    @09:42

2nd part) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKxpyQs5GYU

@07:09
    @10:52
    @14:47 SOLVED Jorge Arriagada - Prelude (Le Temps Retrouve: OST)

3rd part) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAEDVsKwbCo

@08:15 (This track is the same with 2nd part's @10:52 but I put it because it is played a lot clearly in the parents and child scene
    @09:24 (This track is also the same with 2nd part's @07:09 and in some parts is heard more clearly
    @11:09
    @12:54 (For you who took care and listened this track is the alternate ambitious version of the more dramatic tune heard in 07:09 of the 2nd part)

Added today
    @14:28 (I discovered that on the very last part of the episode plays a percussion solo that is exactly the same heard on this part's 08:15 track. Check and tell me if I'm wrong but it sounds the same percussion just without mandolin, flute and whatever instruments this soundtrack is composed)

What I think about it? I believe it is either Italian or French with composer inspired by Nicola Piovani and Ennio Morricone obviously and the year would be around mid 80's to early 90's but it could be older. Please as I said before I search this for a long time but almost no one seems to want helping me and Shazam denies showing any results. I hope I get any helping answers / suggestions about it's sound antiquity or EVEN better the name of the soundtrack. Well that'd be a miracle really!
    Take care my friends xoxo

Edit: So the two tracks I thought that would be the soundtrack seem to be from the 1999 "Time Revisited" and that soundtrack doesn't seem to be the right one BUT I searched that tune for a long time too so I'm happy that someone knew it. It's a rare movie indeed. Thanks mate

Now let's hope someone knows the second most wanted soundtrack. I don't want to repeat myself but the two solved tracks may be from another soundtrack BUT the rest unsolved variations are all from the unidentified one.
    xoxo
    Last edited by MysteryUp; 12-16-2012 at 07:37 PM.

2. ivory65 said:

Hi,
    from no. 1 the first song is the only i recognize.
    Maybe luck, if they are all of the same person.

Jorge Arriagade - Le temps retrouve.

Good luck. This is heavy to find.

Greetz.

MysteryUp said:

Oh my God...I thought that you found me the whole soundtrack but...this was the most awesome find until now...This is the most wonderful masterpiece I've heard since a long time ago. I must download the soundtrack and see for the rest of the tracks. By the way the sound of the other soundtrack must be from around the same year. :'))))))) Oh thank you how did you know about this old french film?

Plus: The rest of the tracks are surely from one same soundtrack. I was not sure about the two solved but the rest are contained somewhere on a soundtrack they are all variations it is so obvious
    Last edited by MysteryUp; 09-11-2012 at 01:01 AM.

MysteryUp said:

bump!

MysteryUp said:

Bump!

MysteryUp said:

FOUND IT It is The Tailor of Panama by Shaun Savey