yes, i know what you gaves me
    you gaves me a smile
    an act of
    denial
    as you hit
    the tile
    Last edited by Philip Wrobel; 09-09-2012 at 02:19 AM. Reason: typo

Doug Denslowe said:

Very clever!I like the way you posted it as well!Very unusual.Now that I've given you some feedback,feel free to give some other writers the same courtesy.

3. Philip Wrobel said:

alright will do

Johnb31 said:

I like this song too simple yet perfect. Check out some of my songs and poems on my thread tell me what u think.
    There is not enough space or time to truly let the song unwind

Frankie Jasmine said:

I like the e.e. cummings style of writing. It cuts to the quick. You are very clear when you write; no extraneous words or "fluff." That's not easy at your age (or any age!). Congrats on your first song. You can be proud of it.

I believe that you are good enough that you deserve honest feedback; you are good enough that I think you can take it. So here are a couple things:

Title: The title is fine, but if you want to change it: Click "Edit Post," then click "Go Advanced." There you can change it in the title-box if you wish.
    Changing of Title: Just an alternate consideration--it's in the poem also, "THIS MILE."
    Repetition in poem: I like the repetition of phrases (stanzas) and repetition of word useage (mes/maybes). The one that might need work IMHO is "gaves me":

the maybes
    the save mes
    i know what you gaves me
    yes, i know what you gaves me . . .

Some alternatives for your consideration--if you even choose to consider them:

"gave mes"

OR a change grammatically to:

I know all the "gave mes" (referring back to what the other person perceives as having given "so much" to you).

HOWEVER, if this gaves me is a flashback to a use of words between two people, and it needs to stay the same, you might consider putting it in quotes. This would alert the reader/hearer that it was a quirky, private "knowing" and way of speaking between the two. Instead of:

I know what you gaves me

How does this sound?

I know all the "gaves me"

Johnb31 said:

Frankie you give so much time consuming feedback Im amazed by that. I wish I had more time to give in depth feedback you really help out a lot.
    There is not enough space or time to truly let the song unwind

7. Philip Wrobel said:

hahaha if anyone cares, i just realized that i sing this song to the same rhythm of blink 182's intro of apple shampoo

Frankie Jasmine said:

Quote Originally Posted by Johnb31 View Post
    Frankie you give so much time consuming feedback Im amazed by that. I wish I had more time to give in depth feedback you really help out a lot.
    When I'm into giving feedback, I don't do much writing of my own!
    When I glimpse talent, and someone trying, I feel they deserve a little bit of attention.
    I know I sure did.
    But thanks, John31!