Could someone translate my song to Tagalog

Thread: Could someone translate my song to Tagalog

Tags: None
  1. The Real Cavemann said:

Default Could someone translate my song to Tagalog

Hi, I just stumbled upon this site by accident and had to register immediately. I've only gone through a few posts so far, but I noticed some can translate English to Tagalog. I was wondering if someone would give it a shot to translate one of several songs I wrote for my fiance. The first I will try is Every Moment I'm Without You By My Side. This is my song, I own the copyright. I would like to surprise my fiance. I was hoping to be able to have an English and Tagalog version of the songs I wrote for her to hand out at our wedding. This song is about how hard it is being away from her. Rhyme and meter is important in my songs but I don't know how practical that is in a translation. I am posting a link at the end of the song so you have an idea how it is sung, please excuse the guitar, it is a cheap one that can't be tuned perfectly.

Every Moment I'm Without You By My Side ©2010

It's not easy, I've been missing you
    And you're still so far from home
    The hardest part is late at night as I sit here all alone
    'Though the whiskey dulls the senses
    It does nothing for the pain
    Of not knowing when I'll be with you again

Each night I dream of loving you
    And I turn to hold you, dear
    But the emptiness beside me awakes me to my fear
    What would I do without you
    My life could never be the same
    If I never get to be with you again

Chorus
    If you could count the stars above you
    You would know the tears I cry
    Every moment I'm without you by my side

This time I've waited for you darling
    Feels like eternity
    But I'd wait a thousand more just to have you here with me
    I've loved you from the moment
    You showed me what true love could be
    And I can't live no more without you here with me

Chorus

Yes, just count the stars above you
    And you'll know the tears I cry
    Every moment I'm without you by my side

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...ongID=11266494

2. tigermuzik said:

yes, i could do that. do you still need it?

3. The Real Cavemann said:

Yes please.

4. tigermuzik said:

I'm please to do that. This weekend I might be able to have time to translate this. I listen the song it's so wonderful I like the melody and the lyrics. You said that you're the one who compose this song? Are you the professional singer who sing this song on the album? Or you are the original composer of this song, sorry I'm just confuse, lol.

5. The Real Cavemann said:

I am not a professional singer, I just sing my own demos. I composed this song{music and lyrics} and all the others I sing. I'm looking for a singer or band who is interested in original songs. This is the 5th song I believe, that I wrote specifically for my fiance, an Filipina. That is why I would like to get it translated. Thanks again.

6. tigermuzik said:

Post translation delay

Hi I'm sorry, something coming up this weekend I didn't able to translate it. Here's part of it anyway:

It's not easy, I've been missing you - Napakahirap, ako'y na nag-iisip sa iyo
    And you're still so far from home - At ikaw ay nasa malayo sa aking kinaroro-unan ( need to edit and find some words that will shorten to fit in the original phrasing)
    The hardest part is late at night as I sit here all alone - Ang pinakamahirap sa lahat, tuwing pagsapit ng gabi habang ako nag-iisang naka-upo
    'Though the whiskey dulls the senses - Kahit na ang inumin (whisky) ay nagpalimot sandali sa pakiramdam
    It does nothing for for the pain - Ngunit walang nagawa sa sakit na aking nadarama

sorry just done this for a couple of minutes, be right back within this week to continue and do some final editing later..... I love translating lyrics , I like music and play a little bit of piano and guitar but most of all I love singing....

have fun learning the translation....

Quote Originally Posted by The Real Cavemann View Post
    I am not a professional singer, I just sing my own demos. I composed this song{music and lyrics} and all the others I sing. I'm looking for a singer or band who is interested in original songs. This is the 5th song I believe, that I wrote specifically for my fiance, an Filipina. That is why I would like to get it translated. Thanks again.

7. The Real Cavemann said:

Hi, thanks for what you've done so far. I understand about being busy, have a nice day.

8. ElkGroveLolo said:

Here's a translation of the ESSENCE of your beautiful song. Word-for-word translation this is not. I also used conversational Tagalog so that your fiancee can immediately comprehend and feel what you're trying to convey. My favorite phrase is, "Kung mabibilang mo ang mga bituin Ang mga luha kong pumatak ay kaya mo ring bilangin..." because it is unique and has never been heard in any Filipino love song before. I hope your fiancee would like it.

Everytime You're Not On My Side

Napakahirap,
    Ako'y giliw na giliw sa iyo
    At ngayo'y napakalayo mo sa akin...
    Pinakamahirap lalo na kung gabi
    Habang ako'y nakaupong lungkot at nag-iisa.
    Alak man ay nakalilibang
    Walang bisa sa kirot lalo na't hindi malaman
    Kung kailan ulit tayo'y magkakapiling.

Tuwing gabi panaginip na
    Yakap kita. mahal
    Nguni't gising ako't takot:
    Ano'ng gagawin ko kung wala ka na?
    Ang buhay ko'y wala nang silbi
    Kung wala ka na sa tabi.

Kung mabibilang mo ang mga bituin
    Ang mga luha kong pumatak ay kaya mo na ring bilangin...
    Kung ikaw, giliw ko, ay wala sa aking piling.

Paghihintay sa iyo giliw
    Walang katapusan
    Isang libo pa na paghihintay
    Gagawin ko, dumating ka lang.

Inibig na kita
    Mula nang ituro mo kung ano
    Ang tunay na pag-ibig.
    Hindi ko na kayang mabuhay
    Kung wala ka dito sa aking piling.

9. The Real Cavemann said:

Wow, salamat. I have already started to practice the pronunciation. I regularly practice Ikaw and Dahil Sa Iyo by The Letterman, hopefully I will be able to get this to sound right with enough practice. I'm also grateful to know about the uniqueness of that phrase "Kung mabibilang mo ang mga bituin Ang mga luha kong pumatak ay kaya mo na ring bilangin". I have a couple of other songs that I will post later, especially the song we will dance to after the wedding "Your're the reason I'm in love." Have a nice day and thanks again.

10. ElkGroveLolo said:

My pleasure. I wouldn't have done it (everybody's busy) if I were not impressed by your genuine expression of love to your fiancee, which is very rare these pathetic "Kardashian days". Also, I happen to be in a "celebration of love" my son having had tied the knot with a wonderful woman last 11/18. If you need help in pronouncing the words, I can send you a DVD to practice with.

What was I thinking rewording instead of translating the song's title? It should read "Sa Bawa't Sandaling Wala Ka Sa Aking Piling" or abridged to "Sa Bawa't Sandali..." to give the listener some suspense what the phrase would lead to...
    Last edited by Mixalopoulos; 11-27-2012 at 05:37 PM.

11. The Real Cavemann said:

Hi sorry about the late reply, I've been busy lately. My fiance loves the translation. Thank you very much. Are you referring to a Tagalog DVD or a homemade recording of this translation? Again, maraming salamat.