A single touch, I can’t breathe,
    Feel the dream about to leave,
    Not now, too soon,
    I pushed too far,
    A quick embrace then pulled apart,
    Leaving me staring at the dark,
    Feel the sheets, cold,
    Alone again,
    "If you were me, then I'd be you, and if I were you, I'd hide somewhere faraway..."

2. mexico62 said:

Hi Katie13, as usual, you made a great poem, that let us travel across your dreams and reality, but with your romantic point of view.
    And thank you for let us participate in inserting the title. I think that you wrote the title in your poem, so I vote for one of this two

1.- "BARELY A DREAM"
    2.- "ALONE AGAIN".

Hope our friends help us to think in the best title for this beautiful poem.

Doug Denslowe said:

Katie,Katie,Katie!,
    I'm falling in love with your style,prose,and your way with words!I told you yesterday,that the piece I was Commenting on was my favorite by you.This is a close second or ties for first!

Title--DreamFlash (hopefully a face doesn't pop -up)

Frankie Jasmine said:

Kaaa-teee . . . I really like thiiiiiiis!! This is just my kind of poem--some rhyme, near rhymes, a bit of non-rhyme. That is my favorite style--when it flows so freely.

Barely a Dream, as Mexico62 suggests, is very nice and is my vote.

DreamFlash fits, but I guess because I'm so much older, it reminds me of "Flashdance" (an overly watched and discussed movie that stayed popular for a long, long time; I never saw it, though.)

If you like "Flash," maybe "Flash Embrace."

If you want to take it a bit further . . . This might be pushing things a little too far . . . perhaps "Frozen Still." You mention a 'chill in the air' and you 'stand' (as though frozen, or still). Still has the double meaning "unmoving" (applying to the you sleeping and the unmovable 'you' in the dream) and as an adverb, meaning basically, "remaining the same."

Very good job of capturing the fuzzy dreamlike state, then the vividness as though a reality that flashes then is all too soon ... gone. Very good poem in OWO.

Doug Denslowe said:

Frankie,
    This may be the first time I completely disagree with your Comment!Dreamflash is too much like Flashdance?Come on,you can do better than that!Dream and Flash are both used in the first verse,making it a logical Title!Okay,I know you can kick my behind in an argument,so I surrender!But,Flashdance?!?!? !

Frankie Jasmine said:

I'm tellin' ya, Doug, I'm old! Blame it on that!!!

Doug Denslowe said:

So am I,but Flashdance?I still stand behind DreamFlash!

Frankie Jasmine said:

Ok, Ok, old AND crazy. Does that make you feel better now? I just couldn't get the word "Flashdance" out of my brain after I read it . . . Sorry.

Please . . . no one discount Doug's contribution, because I'm old and crazy! :S

Doug Denslowe said:

Dats better!!!

Teshka said:

Katie i agree 100% with everything that everyone has said! This is SOOOO GREAT and i get caught up in every line, as if you have captured every microsecond of thought and feeling in that one moment of realization that the most precious thing in life is lost....

I want to suggest for the title "A Dream Too Real".....thats the best that i can think of tho it doesnt seem to live up to the poem itself
    Music is what feelings sound like
    Listen to the Love
    ~♥♥~

Katie13 said:

Oh, wow, guys For saying this was a scribble in the middle of the night, you sure have some positive feedback for me!
    Haha, Doug and Frankie, don't make me sit between you guys!! I like all your ideas - they all fit well. Damn you for giving me so many good ones
    "If you were me, then I'd be you, and if I were you, I'd hide somewhere faraway..."

amaryn said:

A tremendous way to describe how time seems even more in a hurry than people these days are-
    and- is love and friendship itself endangered? Probably. Again, I feel uneasy about the way things are going.
    As I should.....
    Thanks, Katie!

Katie13 said:

Right, guys, I think I'm going to go with Barely A Dream.
    Thanks, guys!

Doug Denslowe said:

I like "insert title"better!Or "Flashdance"!

Frankie Jasmine said:

Doug:

amaryn said:

What about No Title At All? I'd say that songs always need a title, but poems don't or well- yes, of course: there's no fence IMHO...

this is another minefield right in front of my eyes