I dreamed that this was yesterday
    when everything turned black and gray
    I watched the roses wither away
    in nightmares of yesterday

What is there now...in between?
    Just what there never used to be
    as love becomes what should have been
    when angels fall and rise again.

I tried to add more to this but nothing added to it, everything just seemed to take away from what i wanted this to be......bcs sometimes life really can change this quickly and this simply...♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Last edited by Teshka; 09-15-2012 at 08:34 AM.
    Music is what feelings sound like
    Listen to the Love
    ~♥♥~

MoonRide*r* said:

Sorry hun, problems with either my compy or the site, one or the other.

The first verse is fantastic; perfect form. But that second verse, that just blows me away. Reading this was like zero to light-speed in about 5 seconds <33

Title.... When Angels Rise?
    There is no glamour in sudden death, and nobody ever wins a war.
    :
    Rockers Unite! =>
    ROCK 'n' Roll Halls of Fame

Doug Denslowe said:

Tess,I love this;short and sweet,AND to the point!No irrelevant lines,no fat that needs to be trimmed,just THE GOOD STUFF!
    Title;I Dreamed,I Watched

4. mexico62 said:

Hi Teshka, I agree with Moon and Doug, you made a diamond, small but precious and brilliant.
    I vote for the last line as the title, is a beautiful phrase "when angels fall and rise again".

Doug Denslowe said:

I have to agree with mexico62,as far as titles go.His suggestion is right on the money!

Frankie Jasmine said:

Beautiful, Tess. You always touch one or the other of my feelings very deeply. For me this is deeply sad, but the straightforwardness and leanness keep it from being too too painful. I must say, Love it, Love it.

Just to add other options (not that I think they're better, mind you)--"Roses Wither" or "Never Used To Be."
    Last edited by Frankie Jasmine; 09-15-2012 at 11:59 AM.

Doug Denslowe said:

One last title thought;Yesterday's Nightmares.P.S. I love the Title you chose!
    Note:I had written that this title no longer made sense,I thought the words;Yesterday and Nightmare had been edited out.Upon further inspection,I did see them there.I wish I could find a reason for this,but......I can't!
    Last edited by Doug Denslowe; 09-24-2012 at 03:59 AM. Reason: Seeing things that didn't exist before

Teshka said:

I was afraid that i would reread this today and realize that it was not even worth the time that ir took me to post it, and sometimes i have to think that you guys are just being kind ;-) but i have to say that i like this as much as anything that i've written so far, and i also WANT to say that i appreciate all of you and all of your comments soooo much! and i have realized just in the past day or so that this is probably my favorite place on the whole internet, this one section of this forum where there is so much beauty and wholeness of humanity to be discovered and shared. Moon gets all the credit for me joining this site in the first place and his "center" for a long time was lyrics and poetry and i understand that so so well now. Thank you once again my friends for making me feel that i belong here as a little more than just an observer....

I also appreciate all of your suggestions for a title and i'll have to think about that for another 1 or 2 days at least
    Listen to the Love
    ~♥♥~

dark1979 said:

Thank you Teshka for sharing us your beautiful poem, I feel it, touches my soul!!!
    Heart of Steel....by manowar

Teshka said:

Yvw and thank you for stopping by and commenting!!
    Listen to the Love
    ~♥♥~

MoonRide*r* said:

:
    Rockers Unite! =>

Teshka said:

Listen to the Love
    ~♥♥~

13. mexico62 said:

HI Teshka, never think that any of our friends try just to be kind, you are doing a great job with your poems, and it´s true that all of us try always to support and help each other, but as you see, most of the times we have some respectful advices or corrections from ones to others, but this is always in the best manner and just trying to make a better work, no matter if is to improve or just to make a comment, we say what we think. So, you must not discourage, and believe me that we are serious people and sincere friends, you are a number one writer. your phrases are amazing and you express your feelings in your own and particular way. Please continue writing, and sharing with us, every poem we read is like a flower to our brain. Never be afraid and always go ahead. And thank you for your friendship.

Doug Denslowe said:

Tess,
    Wow,you actually IMPROVED this poem to the Max!I don't remember what you cut,but this version is Stupendous(There,I thought of a new compliment!)I love your style,it makes me smile!

Teshka said:

@mexico, yo tengo que decir, debo decir que tus comentarios son siempre muy cálido y alentador, me gustan mucho, y para mí esto es muy significativo! Gracias por lo mucho mi amigo

@Doug, i'm sorry to say that i didn't change anything but thank you for enjoying and especially for adding that really big word!!
    Listen to the Love
    ~♥♥~

Doug Denslowe said:

Tess,you say that you didn't change anything.Then I must get something different out of it each time I read and reread it.I swear Im not tripping!(at least I don't "think"I am)

Frankie Jasmine said:

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Denslowe View Post
    Tess,you say that you didn't change anything.Then I must get something different out of it each time I read and reread it.I swear Im not tripping!(at least I don't "think"I am)
    Real art, Doug. It has a way of messing with your mind like that when it's someone else's! (Sometimes even when it's your own!) So you're not trippin'.
    Tess's art is trippin'!

Teshka said:

Thank you Frankie!!

Doug i believe the only change that i made was to add the title but maybe i also changed a word or two in the last 1 or 2 lines of the first verse.....i'm not sure now.

But really i can't express my appreciation of all of your comments enough, thank you all very much once again!
    Listen to the Love
    ~♥♥~

Doug Denslowe said:

I come by and read this everyday!Why?Because it's THAT GOOD,and makes me happy!Tess,when "words"can do that,you've got something really Special!

MoonRide*r* said:

I know exactly what you mean Doug. The first verse fills my head all up. But I keep thinking, can't help thinking, the way she wrapped lines 2-4 in that second verse is killer!
    :
    Rockers Unite! =>