Riding through the night
    GHOST. RRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRR
    Gonna set things right
    GHOST. RRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRR
    He's coming for you
    You'd better get your gun
    And your Bible,too

Written 2009
    Last edited by Doug Denslowe; 04-15-2014 at 11:10 PM.

2. mexico62 said:

Hi Doug, I havenīt seen this lyrics, but is because I hardly look in lyrics review, as you know that I read more poetry than lyrics, because Iīm not so musical. But I keep my promise Iīm trying to learn some guitar chords.
    I watched the two Ghostrider movies, and as I see you have a possible soundtrack number one hit.
    I thougth that this could be sung by Nicholas Cage while he travels across the desert highway, but
    and imagine the Ghost RRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIDDDDEEERRRRR chorus as played by a powerful motorbyke, hope Iīm not going wrong of what you originally had in mind.
    Hey Nick Cage here is the song for the third part of Ghost RRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDEEEEEEERRRRR.

Frankie Jasmine said:

Doug, you're scarin' me again! I don't believe in ghosts, just wicked spirits (or fallen angels). That's what makes it sound all the scarier. Hey. Don't sing this for any little kids, OK? I give it a PG-10. (Sort of the category I belong in!)

NEVER STOP WRITING! I agree with Pablo, this could be a great song for such a movie! (Look for me in the Toddler section! )

4. mexico62 said:

Hello dear F. J. donīt be scared, the ghost rider is not a horror movie, is more like a kind of skull headed super hero, (oops itīs sounds really scary), but he is a good fellow who fights against the bad guys, perhaps you could try to watch it, to get the exact meaning of Dougīs lyrics, and understand the srtating of his career as a hero. The aspect of the ghost rider can be shocking at the first glance, but after a while you see that he is not so scary. And with Doug lyrics it could become a musical rideeeeerrrrrrrrr.

Doug Denslowe said:

This Ghostrider is based on the Original one(depicted in the first few minutes of Ghostrider)a cowboy.I had only read one comic book with the Original Ghostrider,and had not seen the film.This was written before my other Wierd Westerns ( Gravedigger Kid,Hangman,The Stranger,The Smithy,And Wild West Jess)and was one of the songs most likely to be a "single"if my band had recorded an album.Ironically,these songs have gotten the least Views and Replies of any songs I've posted.Even "Hired Gun"which is not a Western,has got less views than my other songs.I personally think,this is one of the best songs I've ever written.Maybe you need to hear it.I hope this gets feedback ,whether it's good or bad,I'd like to hear what you,the viewer has to say.Thank you Frankie Jasmine and mexico62,I appreciate your Comments more than you'll ever know!
    Last edited by Doug Denslowe; 09-16-2012 at 10:46 PM.

Frankie Jasmine said:

My "fear factor" reaction should tell you how effective this song is. If it didn't feel "real" in every way, the fear factor would be lost by even one misplaced word.

And the RIIIIDDDDDERRRRRRRRRRRR..... or however it was is even scarier because I can hear the song!

So, I think everyone around here knows I'm not well able to handle creepy stuff. But "creepy" wouldn't be creepy unless it was almost believable and very, very good!

SUMMARY: Judge D.D.'s song for yourself. Pay no attention to the "mature" lady hiding behind the curtain wimpering!!!

7. mexico62 said:

Hi Doug, I didnīt know that there is a comic in wich was based the movie, but if you havenīt seen the movie I hope you can, I think that Nicholas Cage is a great actor, and they put good effects, and hope the film gets closer to the original story of the comic.

Doug Denslowe said:

Yes,I have seen the movie.I wrote this before there was a movie.Ghost Rider(Mavel Comics) was a "scary cowboy"comic book originally published in 1967.It wasn't too successful,hence the name changed to Night Rider,then Phantom Rider.(Notice,I spell MY Ghostrider as one word,a misspelling if truth be told)His origin is totalily different than mine.I made mine up,without reading the comic,it just "came to me"!I believe the comic book Ghost Rider "sold his soul to the devil"a device I used in the Gravedigger Kid.
    Anyway,my song is based on the Cowboy Ghost Rider,but he morphed into The Ghost Rider of Nic Cage fame.If you're really interested,Google: Ghost Rider,Phantom Rider,Marvel Comics etc.(I mentioned in the above Comment that the Original Ghost Rider did make an appearance in the beginning of the first Ghost Rider movie,and I believe was show talking to Nic Cages' character
    Throughout the film.After looking it up,it was played by actor Sam Elliot,if this refreshes your memory.I hope this helps you understand where my song came from,and gives you some other interesting stuff!
    Last edited by Doug Denslowe; 09-17-2012 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Upon further study,Ghost Rider was originally published in 1950!!!

Doug Denslowe said:

♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️