Hold On

Thread: Hold On

Tags: None
  1. KathyB said:

Default Hold On

Here ya go...I've peeked at your's now you can peek at mine...

Hold On
    © R &B 2012

Verse 1

No kiss on the lake
    No holding hands, No walk in the park
    Addicted to love
    She runs to him again
    She found a bottle by his bed
    Spoon on the floor, needle in his arm
    He whispers hold me
    Tonight I’m falling hard

Chorus

She says I love you
    Together we can make mountains move
    I want you to, want me to, hold on
    Hold On

Verse 2

Please don’t judge me
    When I fight demons
    Most times I lose
    Sometimes I win
    I’m trying
    Baby
    I’m trying

Chorus
    I love you
    Together we make mountains move
    I love you

Bridge

Shits bound to happen
    Get over it
    Just hold on

Chorus
    I love you
    Hold On

I love you
    Hold On

No walk in the park…
    Addicted to love…
    Kathy

Johnb31 said:

The perspective is kind of confusing in this song because it goes from 3rd person to first person I figure you meant it to be that way but I'm not sure the reasoning behind it. Is it like a 3rd person taking on the perspective of the "she". "Tonight I’m falling hard" who's falling hard the girl or the man. "I want you to, want me to, hold on" I don't understand this line in its context is it saying I want you to from his perspective and then want me to comes from her perspective? What perspective is the bridge coming from? I might have read this all wrong and may have gotten the wrong impression but anyway I still enjoyed the song despite the confusion. Seems like you incorporated both step 20 and 21 from your website. Nice website by the way very informative. :-)
    There is not enough space or time to truly let the song unwind

MoonRide*r* said:

I guess I just assumed change of person as I read it, and it grabbed me and then held on. I dunno, but I think I see this in a lot of songs, it's not all that unusual, and I like it! And if I read it correctly, it's just about just holding on, both him and her... maybe not even by choice sometimes, coz that's just how love works. Am I reading it right? Or am I just making all that up in my own mind?
    There is no glamour in sudden death, and nobody ever wins a war.
    :
    Rockers Unite! =>
    ROCK 'n' Roll Halls of Fame

4. The Obscured said:

Quote Originally Posted by MoonRide*r* View Post
    I guess I just assumed change of person as I read it, and it grabbed me and then held on. I dunno, but I think I see this in a lot of songs, it's not all that unusual, and I like it! And if I read it correctly, it's just about just holding on, both him and her... maybe not even by choice sometimes, coz that's just how love works. Am I reading it right? Or am I just making all that up in my own mind?
    I kinda got the same idea as you when I read this. It's not a bad thing though. I like the change in perspective. Like you said, even if it's not an extreme rarity, if done well, it can really pull the reader/listener in. I like this. You get a 'like'
    We're a little bit stranger on the inside

5. KathyB said:

@Johnb31....thank you....no I didn't incorporate #20 and 21 intentionally. When we read it, it sounds correct...so I better go back...

@Moonrider...thank you ......yes..more along the lines of what you are feeling....when you love someone you hold on...and since we introduced both characters in the beginning I guess we took liberties.

@TheObsured.....Thank you.

We have music to it, just not recorded yet. The idea for this came from all other genres have addict songs...Country doesn't seem to have them other then alcohol addictions so we were playing around with that thought.
    Kathy

Thatsmeonthetrain said:

This could be catchy. But I'd fix the #20 and 21 because that might drag you down a bit.