Starlight - Muse (Piano)

Thread: Starlight - Muse (Piano)

Tags: None
  1. Lankyduck said:

Default Starlight - Muse (Piano)

My first time on this forum but I need some help. Me and some friends started playing starlight by muse (one of their latest songs) but noone could play the best bit! the piano intro/bridge. None of them nothing anything about the piano made me become the player, (i play guitar but can play a few songs on the piano and know the keys etc) so thats where you guys come in...........

Would anyone be able to give me the keys ( example - A - E blah blah) you know keep it simple and would you reply here or email to me, peterjoyes@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance
  2. Espe said:

I am searching it too!! If I find it before you I'll send to you ^_^. Anyway I have "Feeling good" if you want it. It's easy and... funny XD!!

Besos,
    Espe

vranac said:

download guitar pro 4, open 911tabs.com and search for the song and see what you can find
  4. skatey said:

If you want to play it really, really badly... I worked it out as this:

G E C G A F C A G A E C (G E C... etc)

You know, it's accurate enough to say, "lol I can play that cool bit from Starlight" but probably not accurate enough to go on stage with. See if you can improve on it for me!
  5. markieshorty said:

Default my version!lol

hi peeps jus worked it out
    D# (high) B (low) G (low) D# (high) E (high) C# (high) G# (low) E (low) d# (low) c#(low) REPEAT

great song!
  6. epifania said:

hi there
    im new and i was looking for some other stuff and found this thread
    and i was JUST playing that song some minutes ago
    the intro is REALLY easy.. and its wrong by the way the last one written
    heres how it is played:

Eb B Gb Eb E Db Ab E Eb Db Eb B Ab Eb E B Ab.. and repeat

pretty easy and fun song =)
    i think you can know which are higher and which lower by ear.. no problem on that i suppose
  7. chocodreg said:

small mistake in your one
    tis actually

Eb B Gb Eb E Db Ab E Eb Db Eb B Gb Eb E B Ab E... and repeat
  8. koenvandijk said:

is that for the piano? cause what your meaning with Eb that are two letters and does anyone got the song ' sunburn" for the piano its a beautiful number..
  9. Nillis said:

Eb means E flat, it is the black note to the left of E
    Now I can play that song on Bass, Piano, and drums woo! Thankyou chocodreg There are 2 extra notes on the end though mate, here is the final one:
    Eb B Gb Eb E Db Ab E Eb Db Eb B Gb Eb E B Ab E Eb Db
  10. Ryan12 said:

Unhappy Starlight Piano

yeah i like that song starlight no one seems to have the notes for it i really want to learn how to play that song for piano its my favorite i looked everywhere and no one has it please help me find the notes so i can learn the song
    PLEASE THANK YOU
  11. Mads-san said:

Quote Originally Posted by Lankyduck View Post
    My first time on this forum but I need some help. Me and some friends started playing starlight by muse (one of their latest songs) but noone could play the best bit! the piano intro/bridge. None of them nothing anything about the piano made me become the player, (i play guitar but can play a few songs on the piano and know the keys etc) so thats where you guys come in...........

Would anyone be able to give me the keys ( example - A - E blah blah) you know keep it simple and would you reply here or email to me, peterjoyes@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance
    if you saw them live at EMA, you would have noticed that Matthew Bellamy plays it on his guitar, it's not hard either. you play d & d-minor, whilst d starts at the fourth fret & d-minor starts at the fifth. hope you'll get it, starlight is amazing, & it sounds like a nice idea playing it =) msg me if you have any songs on tape, or if you ever get it, 'cause i really need to discover some new bands soon =)
  12. bank07 said:

Default Muse - "Starlight" (Piano)

The song is in E Major and is fairly easily written out in 4/4 time with only quarter and eight note rythyms. The following tab is written with the note name first followed by the value or length of the note in ( ), i.e. D(¼) with tied notes shown by an underscore, i.e. E(⅛)_E(⅛). Barlines are denoted by | and the repeat is :||. Plug these note and rythym values into finale and you'll be able to print off the sheet music to Starlight for free.

| D(¼) B(¼) F(¼) D(⅛) E(⅛)_|_E(⅛) C(¼) G(¼) E(⅛) D(⅛) C(⅛) |

| D(¼) B(¼) G(¼) D(⅛) E(⅛)_|_E(⅛) B(¼) G(¼) E(⅛) D(⅛) C(⅛) :||

Note: These notes are played in octaves. Like someone already said, you can figure out when to go up and when to go down when playing the notes by listening to the song. There have been a few tabs that have "corrected" other tabs saying "you missed one here," or "I changed this note, now it's right"...but this tab is the most correct. Learn it, play with the song, you'll see. Takes a bit of getting used to while singing along with this piano part. Good luck. It's a great song.
    Last edited by bank07; 04-22-2007 at 10:58 PM.
  13. turtleguy910 said:

Here is the real thing. Enjoy:

Eb(high) B(low) Gb(low) Eb(high) E(high) Db(high) Ab(low) E(high) Eb(high) Db(high) Eb(high) B(low) Gb(low)Eb(high) E(high) B(low) Ab(low) E(high) Eb(high) Db(high)

If you are still stuck go to:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/490280...muse_on_piano/
  14. bank07 said:

Congratulations. You just wrote exactly what I wrote directly before you. If you notice, I said the song is in the key of E Major. Which means that there are 4 Sharps, Making all of the notes I correctly laid out for you, the same notes which you laid out. Thanks.

I take that back. I don't believe the video you have linked is even correct. Please, If you're learning this song...read what I wrote.
  15. turtleguy910 said:

Sorry I copied your thing. I just read the first comment and went on and posted that. And also you are right that video was incorrect. They messed up the notes.
  16. bank07 said:

hakuna matata. But yeah, I'm pretty sure i've got it there for you. Our band has played this song quite a few times in concert. The piano is important, most important though is finding the perfect synth setting for the arpeggios.
  17. turtleguy910 said:

Actually after watching some stuff the real real music is:
    Eb(high) B(low) Gb(low) Eb(high) E(high) Db(high) Ab(low) E(high) Eb(high) Db(high) Eb(high) B(low) Gb(low)Eb(high) E(high) C#(high) Ab(low) E(high) Eb(high) Db(high)
  18. melissalive33 said:

I like this song!