Felt like a character
    In a black and white flick
    Her clothes were to vanish
    For my next trick

Something to gain
    Maybe even to prove
    It's now or never
    Time to make my move
    Last edited by Doug Denslowe; 12-07-2015 at 01:14 AM.

2. Philip Wrobel said:

i love it
    Last edited by Philip Wrobel; 09-26-2012 at 11:38 PM. Reason: sounded like a 12 year old school girl

Doug Denslowe said:

Thanks Phil,coming from you,a compliment I do appreciate.(When I say "coming from you"I mean a great Song Writer)

4. The Obscured said:

awesome job. Change nothing.
    We're a little bit stranger on the inside

Doug Denslowe said:

Thank you for Commenting on my Thread.I'll try to repay the favor!I DO READ everything that comes in,and try to post on anything I like.If I gave Replies on the ones I didn't,I'd be the most hated guy around!No thank you!

6. DeShaun said:

OMG! This is sooo good, Doug! I love its economy and precision! You've Got to hold onto this; it's an Ace up your sleeve.

7. aniers said:

I love it! It made me smile... especially the references to the paperback book and the black and white flick. I would love to hear how it would sound when put to melody.

Teshka said:

love it! but i kept waiting for one more verse to appear. Tho maybe its ok to leave it in suspense like the end of a good movie....waiting for a sequel
    Music is what feelings sound like
    Listen to the Love
    ~♥♥~

Doug Denslowe said:

If I had written another verse it may I might not have been able to post it here.lol

Jim Colyer said:

Doug,
    This is great. I could see this woman as if she were right in front of me.
    Jim
    Jim Colyer Girl albums

Doug Denslowe said:

If your lucky,she may be right around the next corner!

Teshka said:

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Denslowe View Post
    If I had written another verse it may I might not have been able to post it here.lol
    you can save that for an explicit version to put on youtube where the 9-yo's can pull it up
    Music is what feelings sound like
    Listen to the Love
    ~♥♥~

13. lhunny said:

great song my friend....

amaryn said:

This was fun to read, Doug! Plenty of humour and so recognizable as being you- well, that seems early after knowing you this short, but I'm serious,LOL

Congrats therefore.

jessie zuppo said:

Simple, succinct, a very easy and enjoyable read!

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by jessie zuppo View Post
    Simple, succinct, a very easy and enjoyable read!
    I guess the "blonde hair" line told you,this was not about you......for a change!!!!!

jessie zuppo said:

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Denslowe View Post
    I guess the "blonde hair" line told you,this was not about you......for a change!!!!!
    LOL! Yes, and also the fact that I remember reading it before we had anything more than a friendship..I believe it was like the 4th or 5th time Alex sent me over to your house that we developed a friendship and discovered that we both enjoyed creative writing....so, if it were about me, that'd be rather creepy, lol

18. Peter Both said:

An expensive venue in Vegas. The crowd watch a man and a woman climb the stage. She is a ravishing beaty wearing a 30s feodora. He has all the swagger of the young Sinatra. She whispers in the microphone, barely audible; 'Hey, big spender, spend a little time with me'. The man snaps his fingers; two times, on the count of three the big band behind them starts to play an aggressive jazzy groove. Then the man starts to sing a song. This song.

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Both View Post
    An expensive venue in Vegas. The crowd watch a man and a woman climb the stage. She is a ravishing beaty wearing a 30s feodora. He has all the swagger of the young Sinatra. She whispers in the microphone, barely audible; 'Hey, big spender, spend a little time with me'. The man snaps his fingers; two times, on the count of three the big band behind them starts to play an aggressive jazzy groove. Then the man starts to sing a song. This song.
    I don't know quite what to say.........other than Thank You,Peter!when I get a reply like this,it reminds me why I post here.

Kerri Faye Yates said:

Holy crow this is awesome! I can picture it all in my head
    ~Kerri Faye