rain isn't depressing me

Thread: rain isn't depressing me

Tags: None
  1. mahendran said:

Default rain isn't depressing me

Hello all.
    My new song is called "rain isn't depressing me". Please leave ur feedback here and report any errors because
    im only 15 and i'm from germany

rain isn't depressing me
    i just want to be recognized in this world
    it seems like everyone lives a beautiful life
    This world is fulled with hate
    my neighboor became jealously so he started to hate me
    is that really needful
    tell me where is all the peace gone
    no one seems to let me be
    and no one seems to understand me

dark outside
    i told her that i'm in trouble and i cried
    but all she said that the rain is depressing me
    and i'll just close my door to cry on the floor
    all i want is just the love
    so tell me what we're waiting for
    no the rain isn't depressing me

i ran over to my mom to cry all out whats in my mind
    my girlfriend is crying on the kitchen floor
    can you tell me where is all the happiness gone
    sometimes i just want to close my eyes
    but the facts of the reality are in my mind

dark outside

while you're laughing about me i'm out of my soul
    it seems like you get your enjoy from hunting me
    now it's all about the hate

dark outside

dark outside
    the rain isn't depressing me
    the rain isn't depressing me

2. mahendran said:

push

3. KathyB said:

Your opening line is great. You have some very nice lines in the lyric.
    Keep writing
    Kathy

4. mahendran said:

thank you very much

Frankie Jasmine said:

Mahendran: I like the premise of your song! Can you help me to better understand your meaning, please?

1st: The two things seem contradictory--(1) it seems like everyone lives a beautiful life; and (2) this world is filled with hate. So, are you EMPHASIZING that it "SEEMS" as though all live beautiful lives, but the implication is that they are not because of their hatefulness and jealousy? Or do you mean something else? (It is a challenge writing in a language not your "natural" language, and for this I give you the highest respect. I could never have written a song in German even when I knew German fairly well while living there!)

2nd: Your mother is depressed by the rain. You are crying on the floor. Your girlfriend is crying on the floor. Things are dark and deeply troubling. So, my questions:

3rd: "No, the rain isn't depressing me" does this comment come from you; or you and your girlfriend? Also, is it true? or is it said "ironically"?

4th: Who is the interloper who does this to you: while you're laughing about me i'm out of my soul
    it seems like you get your enjoy from hunting me
    now it's all about the hate

Helping with the grammar is not problematic. But I want to "get" the true meaning of the song as you've written it (I don't mean private details, or delving into your life or anything like that). I'm trying to put together "Who" says, does, or means "what?" If your song was bad; if I didn't like it; I wouldn't bother to ask important questions about it.

6. mahendran said:

1st: The two things seem contradictory--(1) it seems like everyone lives a beautiful life; and (2) this world is filled with hate. So, are you EMPHASIZING that it "SEEMS" as though all live beautiful lives, but the implication is that they are not because of their hatefulness and jealousy? Or do you mean something else? (It is a challenge writing in a language not your "natural" language, and for this I give you the highest respect. I could never have written a song in German even when I knew German fairly well while living there!) -> Correct. it SEEMS like everyone lives a beautiful life, but actually no one is happy in their mind

2nd: Your mother is depressed by the rain. You are crying on the floor. Your girlfriend is crying on the floor. Things are dark and deeply troubling. So, my questions: -> No. my mom told me that the rain is depressing me, that's why i'm crying, she THINKS. she is searching for a excuse of my sadness, you know.

3rd: "No, the rain isn't depressing me" does this comment come from you; or you and your girlfriend? Also, is it true? or is it said "ironically"? -> The comment comes from me, and it's not ironically. They are searching for a excuse for my sadness, so they said "the rain is depressing me." But it's not true.

4th: Who is the interloper who does this to you: while you're laughing about me i'm out of my soul
    it seems like you get your enjoy from hunting me -> Uhm ... It could be anyone :P

Thanks a lot!

Frankie Jasmine said:

Dear manhedran: Thank you so much for taking seriously my questions. You answered so well that now I understand perfectly your meaning!

If you still would like some help on the minor grammatic/spelling points, I'll be glad to help.

Since we are reading your lyrics, perhaps there is a way to use punctuation (though not always used in lyrics) to indicate which "conversation" is coming from whom.

Now that I have your explanation, I like the song even more! My mother often blamed "outside sources" for any mood (other than happy) that I was in, when the truth was right in front of her face. It's like a family having a huge fight and the next day an adult tells the child, "That didn't happen--you just had a bad dream." (Excuse my editorializing--that is how I identify with the line about your mother telling you, 'the rain is depressing you.')

Very good song!