It started with "a" english/spanish

Thread: It started with "a" english/spanish

Tags: None
  1. mexico62 said:

Default It started with "a" english/spanish

Hi friends, please don´t be so rude, this little poem is just for you to have some fun, hope you like it and make you smile a little. (please send me any comment or correction, thanks in advance).

IT STARTED WITH "A"

I don´t remember his name,
    I´ve forgotten all the letters,
    At this moment just remember
    That it started with A.
    But I think I´m very lucky
    ´cause if in the big book
    With the yellow pages I look
    Among all of the names
    I´m so sure that I will find him
    If I try, in the first letter,
    I would not have to look so hard,
    I fell it like a harbinger.
    If the name started with Z
    I would be in big trouble,
    It would take many hours
    If I’d go page by page
    Reading through the big book.
    This german man is killing me,
    Just make me dizzy and crazy,
    The good thing is I still remember,
    His second name is Haimmer.

EMPEZABA CON "A"

No recuerdo su nombre,
    he olvidado las letras,
    solamente recuerdo
    que empezaba con A.
    Pero tengo la suerte
    que si busco en el libro
    de color amarillo
    que tiene tantos nombres
    es seguro lo encuentro
    en la primera letra,
    no tendré que esforzarme
    me es propicio mi sino,
    si iniciara con Z
    estaría en apuros,
    tardaría muchas horas
    en hojear letra a letra
    ese libro tan gordo.
    Este alemán me mata,
    me desquicia y me turba,
    lo bueno es que recuerdo
    que se apellida Haimmer.
    Last edited by mexico62; 10-07-2012 at 01:35 PM.

Doug Denslowe said:

At first thought you were referring to Adam.When "the German man" entered the scene I got a little confused.Do tell,what's the real story?(was the little "g"in German on purpose?)

MoonRide*r* said:

First, just two obvious errors:

"I would be in a big trouble" ... leave out the article "a".

"I would have not look so hard" ... "no tendré que..."? = I would not have (to look) so hard.
    Use the infinitive verb: tendré que buscarlo = I would have to look for him.
    And for negative, "not" will split the verb: I would not have to. Está bien?

Otherwise the English version looks just fine to me.

Segundo: You should put this one in the poetry/jokes thread
    There is no glamour in sudden death, and nobody ever wins a war.
    :
    Rockers Unite! =>
    ROCK 'n' Roll Halls of Fame

Doug Denslowe said:

Now I really feel stupid!This is suppose to be funny,correct?(I'm going by Moonie's Comment)I even Googled Haimmer,no luck!Would somebody Please explain what I'm missing?!?!

5. mexico62 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Denslowe View Post
    At first thought you were referring to Adam.When "the German man" entered the scene I got a little confused.Do tell,what's the real story?(was the little "g"in German on purpose?)
    Hi Doug, I´m sorry for the confusion, but as you and Moon say and, this is supossed to be a comic situation, about someone who is suffering the Alzheimer disease .
    But I wanted to let some hints, Aloysius "Alois" Alzheimer, was a german psychiatrist, and as the man who tells the poem is forgetting things, he writes in a wrong way the second name in the last line, this is supossed will increase the comic effect at the end. Thanks for asking. Gracias amigo.
    Last edited by mexico62; 10-07-2012 at 01:54 PM.

Frankie Jasmine said:

Dear amigo,

You actually made me chuckle!
    And that is not easy right now. Thank you for this poem, which I very much appreciate! Hahaha! I thought it was about "Armand Hammer"!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armand_Hammer

So, see you taught me something, too, in the process.

One thing I see that makes me feel happy is that your style of writing poetry is similar to mine!! That is, the way you break off words and continue to the next line; it feels familiar to me. I feel as if this poem could be one of mine!! But it's not--you deserve all the credit. hahaha! Thank you for this poem. I didn't think of the person as suffering from deteriorating mental disease, but just someone have a "brain hiccup"!!!

THank you so much!

P.S. Now it's even FUNNIER, knowing he was looking for "Heimer"!!!! hAHAHAHA! A. Alzheimer!!

7. mexico62 said:

Quote Originally Posted by MoonRide*r* View Post
    First, just two obvious errors:

"I would be in a big trouble" ... leave out the article "a".

"I would have not look so hard" ... "no tendré que..."? = I would not have (to look) so hard.
    Use the infinitive verb: tendré que buscarlo = I would have to look for him.
    And for negative, "not" will split the verb: I would not have to. Está bien?

Otherwise the English version looks just fine to me.

Segundo: You should put this one in the poetry/jokes thread
    Hi MoonRide*r*., Thank you so much for your valuable comments and guidance, I made the corrections and it was so good to me in the struggle and joy for learning the beautiful and rich english language.
    I mentioned at the beginning that this is a funny rhyme, but you are so right, I don´t want our friends to be confused for the nature of this work, I´ll try to move it to the poetry jokes, hope someone can help me to do it, but for now I just put a copy in the jokes thread, Thanks a lot for your help and wise comments.

8. mexico62 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie Jasmine View Post
    Dear amigo,

You actually made me chuckle!
    And that is not easy right now. Thank you for this poem, which I very much appreciate! Hahaha! I thought it was about "Armand Hammer"!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armand_Hammer

So, see you taught me something, too, in the process.

One thing I see that makes me feel happy is that your style of writing poetry is similar to mine!! That is, the way you break off words and continue to the next line; it feels familiar to me. I feel as if this poem could be one of mine!! But it's not--you deserve all the credit. hahaha! Thank you for this poem. I didn't think of the person as suffering from deteriorating mental disease, but just someone have a "brain hiccup"!!!

THank you so much!

P.S. Now it's even FUNNIER, knowing he was looking for "Heimer"!!!! hAHAHAHA! A. Alzheimer!!
    Hi dear F. J., you know for who was dedicated this work, and it was a compromise I made.
    I´m so glad I made you laugh a little, please don´t ever worry and alway and forever be happy.
    I´m just happy that you liked it and we continue in contact, Gracias amiga.

P. S., This is a wonderful site where all we are friends and all we learn, I´m just going to read about Armand Hammer in the link you kindly posted.

Doug Denslowe said:

Dude,
    You are double-deep,and have a dark sense of humor to boot!Who would've thought!Now that you've explained it(it's not like explaining a joke.)I can try to enjoy it in the way you meant it to be!Brovo,and thanks for injecting a little humor into the Poetry Site!We need it now,more than ever!(shout out to miss Bear)

amaryn said:

lol; Doug, Mexico62 and Frankie (still speak German?)
    dedicated to you especially

(to be sung on the melody of "memories")

ALZHEIMERLIED

Alzheimer, ja wer war das denn, Alzheimer?
    komme nicht auf den Namen,
    kommt mir sehr bekannt vor,
    War es Wodka,
    oder Wein aus dem Elzass?
    oder stand er vielleicht
    bei Frankfurt im Tor?
    ach Herr Ober,
    schenke bitte noch einmal ein,
    aber , ---aber ein Alzheimer
    soll es sein!!

transl: Alzheimer, who was this man Alzheimer
    I don't seem to remember
    but it sounds familiar
    was it wodka or wine from the Alsace?
    or the goalkeeper of FC Frankfurt?
    O, please, waiter,
    fill my wineglass once more
    but- but, please
    I want a Alzheimer!

Yes, Mexico, I was puzzled too, but not anymore, HAHAHA

11. mexico62 said:

Hi amaryn, I´m surprised with your kind contribution, and thank you for the translation, I don´t speak german, but I will try to learn to sing at leas this little part, I suppose that "memories", you mean the song by Barbra Streisand, I hope you liked it, and we continue writing and sharing, but trying not fogetting, have a nice day. Gracias.

amaryn said:

Yes, Barbara Streisand, Mexico! Try to sing it. I've learnt to sing it already and intend to use it for certain occasions
    OF COURSE we carry on, I'll be following what you do