Here's the story
    Of Louie the Lip
    Cooler than Cool
    Hipper than Hip

Built like a boxer
    With hair to his waist
    No girl can refuse
    They all want a taste

Walks with a swagger..................(RAH)
    Slicker than Slick
    Charms irresistible......................
    Ask any chick
    LOUIE THE LIP
    LOUIE THE LIP

Although a little past
    Middle age
    People mistook him
    For a young Jimmy Page

He had his faults
    Don't get me wrong
    But,he could sing his a** off
    Even write a good song

Walks with a swagger...............(RAH)
    Slicker than Slick
    Charm irrestitable.....................
    Ask any chick
    LOUIE THE LIP
    LOUIE THE LIP

Trade as musician
    Considered a bum
    Sitting in back
    Pounding his drum
    Last verse,hate to end
    On a bummer
    What'd you expect
    He's only a drummer

Walks with a swagger...............(RAH)
    Slicker than Slick
    Charm irrestitable.....................
    Ask any chick
    LOUIE THE LIP
    LOUIE THE LIP

08/2001. Written in the Surf/Punk Style but can be Rapped as well
    Last edited by Doug Denslowe; 04-15-2014 at 04:48 PM.

smoothtung said:

How've you been?
    I like it bro, pretty unique with an extremely well suited flow. I know my fair share of Louie the lip so tell me, what this piece mean to you?

3. TeeJei said:

Doug you sound like a real songwriter and I appreciate that, this has great flow as smoothtung said. I'm not sure that i can hear surf/punk in my head but i can certainly imagine this as rap or probably more as hip-hop, but that's just me. Great writing, it's a pleasure to read.

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by smoothtung View Post
    How've you been?
    I like it bro, pretty unique with an extremely well suited flow. I know my fair share of Louie the lip so tell me, what this piece mean to you?
    How have I been?;fine and here(as always)giving my Comments at Lyrics Review.The question:where have You been?As far as what this means to me;if it isn't obvious,I guess I didn't get the message across.Welcome back and could you hear it as a Rap?
    Last edited by Doug Denslowe; 10-15-2012 at 01:32 AM. Reason: To put a question mark in!

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by TeeJei View Post
    Doug you sound like a real songwriter and I appreciate that, this has great flow as smoothtung said. I'm not sure that i can hear surf/punk in my head but i can certainly imagine this as rap or probably more as hip-hop, but that's just me. Great writing, it's a pleasure to read.
    Thanks Tee.Anybody that writes a song is a songwriter.Not neccessarly a good one,but a songwriter nonetheless.It bewillders me why this and Ghostrider have got almost no feedback.They are the best songs that my former bandmates and I played.Oh well,I guess sometimes "just words" don't cut it!

amaryn said:

Well, here's a late response, Doug. You've produced so much and I entered the poetry and song threads only a year ago
    after being very busy on other threads...blablabla...no excuses taken, I know!
    Yep, Louie the Lip is put here in such wellchosen, colourful, simple words - something I find almost a MUST for good rap - that he comes alive
    though I never met the guy.
    I can well imagine you had a strong response with your band when playing this!
    Excellent.

Doug Denslowe said:

Why thank you!For some reason this got very little response.It's one,of if not the favorite among the few that have heard the songs performed.This really rocks......Big Time!

8. Peter Both said:

Cooler than cool, this one. Could have been a Mink Deville song.

Doug Denslowe said:

Thanks,Peter.So are you.(Cooler than Cool)
    Last edited by Doug Denslowe; 02-13-2013 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Cooler than Cool Comment

curiosity_kills_the_cat said:

Really love "Last verse, hate to end on a bummer". Would love to hear this performed. A great Friday night.

Doug Denslowe said:

Thanks Cat.This (and Ghostrider)are the two songs that kicked the most a** but received the least amount of feedback on this site.Sometimes bare-bone lyrics can't express what the song has to offer.You should hear One For the Road,power chords a la Led Zepplin,but you'd never know it but reading the lyrics.