Real Problems

Thread: Real Problems

Tags: doug denslowe song

jessie zuppo said:

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatomic View Post
    HEY HO LETS GO!!!! i loved this man, a great piece. i think frankie hit the nail on the head with contemporary, so the first word i can offer is progressive and i am partial to allot of progressive. good poetry and imagery, i especially like the chicken line... although the one point i will make is the flooding, tornadoes and hurricanes line, i just think it's a little wordy and sort of throws the beat off i think. apart from that a fine piece of progressive contemporary work!!! great stuff dude!!!!
    Couldn't agree with you more!! Contemporary, progressive...PUNK ROCK----"hey ho, let's go"..iconic punk rock song...the best thing about this song is that it is versatile- and that's what makes it POP!

2. Zakynthos said:

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Denslowe View Post
    Zak,thanks for dropping in to say Hell-O and taking the time to comment on my thread.The line "when you eat chicken,it's best not to fry it"was written because it rhymed with the other lines,because I thought it was funny,but let me tell you more.The chain Kentucky Fried Chicken changed their name to KFC because of the furor over fried foods.With obesity being a rampant problem in America,fried foods fell out of favor.Endless stories on local and national news about the "bad thing about fried foods"!!So.....there you have it;tongue in cheek,but still "a problem" nonetheless!
    I saw a KFC store for the first time in my short life a few days ago in Athens and I can't say I look forward to eating there. It has been ... I don't remember how many years since the last time I ate fried chicken (maybe it was Schnitzel, don't know the difference), my mum always cooks it either in the fireplace or boiled or roasted in the oven.

3. RockinRustle said:

Love it dude. Someone needs to lead the sheep away from the slaughter and into the light.

Doug Denslowe said:

Default Fried Chicken

[QUOTE=Zakynthos;1012348]I saw a KFC store for the first time in my short life a few days ago in Athens and I can't say I look forward to eating there. It has been ... I don't remember how many years since the last time I ate fried chicken (maybe it was Schnitzel, don't know the difference), my mum always cooks it either in the fireplace or boiled or roasted in the oven.[/QChicken

Well,I hope I answered your inquiry as to why I wrote the line.Mainly it was for laughs,but with a serious message attached.Your mom seems to know the best ways to cook chicken,so I wasn't telling you anything you didn't know!I wish I had chicken cooked in a fireplace!

5. Zakynthos said:

Well,I hope I answered your inquiry as to why I wrote the line.Mainly it was for laughs,but with a serious message attached.Your mom seems to know the best ways to cook chicken,so I wasn't telling you anything you didn't know!I wish I had chicken cooked in a fireplace!
    Your answer to my inquiry was satisfactory enough, thank you.

Doug Denslowe said:

Up for new members........