So many things that I can do
    Feel like strolling thru the zoo
    I get behind the wheel, I go for a drive
    My car obeys my hands and feet
    It's me who's in the driverīs seat

Prechorus: Just going for a spin
    With the sunlight on my skin.

Chorus
    Last edited by Peter Both; 12-06-2012 at 04:28 AM. Reason: This is a rewrite of the original. I have sung it at the piano and I think the words fit the melody like a glove now.

Doug Denslowe said:

Good rhymes but you need to edit this so the lines aren't so wordy.The lines have to be easy to sing,I couldn't figure how to approach your lyrics.Like I said,it's good,just make it more accessible.(to sing)

3. Peter Both said:

Thanks for your comments. As a non-native speaker of English I'm maybe a bit too eager to get my message across in 'good English'. I've played this song with a singer and she said she liked the song in general, but the lyrics tripped her up a bit. So, she did have a point after all. Conciseness is the thing to be after!

4. KathyB said:

Look into song structure... and you will be able to whittle this idea down.
    Kathy

Doug Denslowe said:

I came back to this because I remembered I liked it, and I super respect people who can not only speak, but create in other than their own language. I know, speaking English has an advantage, as far as a Rock and Roll songwriter. All the early blues were written in English as well. (I know lots of Folk songs come from other cultures but the blues and Rock are primarily American) I hope you work on this song, it's got potential. See if you can edit it, I'd like to see what you come up with.

6. Peter Both said:

Thanks for the kind words and the encouragement! I will surely have a go at a rewrite of the song.

Doug Denslowe said:

Peter, it's definitely worth thinking about taking a word or phrase out here and there. I suggest working on it with your vocalist, she may have ideas that help bring this to it's full potential. You do know American music, you understood exactly the mood I was going for on Baby Won't You Please (Come Home) Now take this knowledge and trim this down to make it easier to sing.