The Drinkin's Not Over

Thread: The Drinkin's Not Over

Tags: None
  1. LooknGlass said:

Default The Drinkin's Not Over

Ole lady left me, took the kids and car
    Left me with the mortgage and my liquor jar
    My bar stools layin where the couch once sat
    Hell she even took my dog and left the damn cat.

I'm sure I'll be sad when I get sober
    But that'll be awhile
    The drinkin's not over

I found my pictures all over the floor
    The half with her wasn't there no more
    My coffee table's now an album crate
    And a chewed up Frisbee's my dinner plate

I know I'll feel bad when I get sober
    But that'll be awhile
    The drinkin's not over

I know I had it comin
    But I think she went too far
    She pulled the plugs on my Chevy truck
    Now I can't get to the bar.

I know I'll feel down when I get sober
    But I've got a bottle
    The drinkin's not over

Yea, I'll crawl back to her when I get sober
    But that'll be awhile
    The drinkin's not over

Yea, it'll be awhile
    The drinkin's not over

ŠL. James Tanner

Doug Denslowe said:

This is,without doubt,the best post I've read in a long while!A Masterpiece,Classic and all those good things.This is great!!
    I especially like the first two lines,it really hooked me in!This will be hard to top,but I know you'll try.Wow!

3. LooknGlass said:

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Denslowe View Post
    This is,without doubt,the best post I've read in a long while!A Masterpiece,Classic and all those good things.This is great!!
    I especially like the first two lines,it really hooked me in!This will be hard to top,but I know you'll try.Wow!
    Thanks a lot Doug I really very much appreciate your critique and comments. This song came zinging out of me about an hour or so ago and I really liked it. I was hoping someone liked it as much as I did.

Doug Denslowe said:

I do!Maybe more than you.This is as good a song as I ever read on this site!I'm serious,I'm sure you'll get much positive feedback,I know if I give my seal of approval,you'll have fans!(not serious,but you never know!)

5. LooknGlass said:

lol...well thanks Doug. I'm seriously thinking about a collaboration on this one. I have somewhat of a tune in my head but I don't play an instrument to get it out of me.

Doug Denslowe said:

I know exactly what you mean,I'm a drummer,ever at the mercy of the almighty guitar player!Good Luck,but it shouldn't be too hard,this song plays itself.(in the hands of a "good"guitarist)

7. LooknGlass said:

Quote Originally Posted by RickeyJoe View Post
    SUPERB. Unrivaled. Grandiose. Larger than life and Jivin'. Man, where the hell did you come from all of the sudden? That is A songwriter's song, in more than one way if you can catch the drift that I'm swiftly sendin'. I'm in awe. Really... I'm not sure if I can write myself tonight now.
    Man, thanks Ricky. I don't really know how to take such positive feedback, but I'm appreciative that's for sure. It seems the song that I gave the less thought to, got more praise than the ones I worked harder on. But I will admit, the first two lines have been in my head for almost ten years and those are the lines that Doug said drew him in. Thanks for the confidence booster.

8. LooknGlass said:

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Denslowe View Post
    I know exactly what you mean,I'm a drummer,ever at the mercy of the almighty guitar player!Good Luck,but it shouldn't be too hard,this song plays itself.(in the hands of a "good"guitarist)
    I can't even play the spoons....

Doug Denslowe said:

Practice,it's easy!

10. LooknGlass said:

I do mess with a keyboard and make listenable sounds, but I don't know chords.

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by LooknGlass View Post
    I do mess with a keyboard and make listenable sounds, but I don't know chords.
    That's how everybody starts. You don't sit down and play Bach. If you mess around long enough, one day you'll be playing songs. That's how it works!