When I see your updated profile
    But you are smiling for somebody else
    Ohh for Somebody else

Chorus

I felt like I was breaking into small pieces
    And melting into the vast ocean of pain
    Living my very own global melt down....

2. RevolvingElk said:

Hey, on the whole this is a pretty good piece. I dig the "fleeting false hope" bit, I think we've all been in that situation before. Also, love me some alliteration!
    I would, however, suggest that it probably needs something else to break it up a little (excuse the pun.) You need to develop beyond the idea that without this girl your life is one hopeless drag. Perhaps offer a differing perspective. Write from your perception of her point of view? Talk about how there is an escape from the bad feelings? It just needs a little something extra, in my opinion.
    Additionally, I would probably rephrase the chorus somewhat. Unfortunately for all of us lyricists/poets the word 'pain' has pretty much lost all emotive connotations. Thanks a lot, emo music. I guess my point is that you should make use of a more emotive means of expressing your sentiment. You don't even need to directly address the idea that she has caused you some sort of emotional pain. Have a look at 'Red' by Ted Hughes and you'll see what I mean.
    Keep up the good work buddy

3. RevolvingElk said:

Just occurred to me that a good example of offering the opposing perspective can be seen in Somebody That I Used to Know by Gotye. Check out how the verse that Kimbra sings balances out and challenges the ideas presented in the previous two verses. Really adds a lot of interest to the song at the point where it would've become very stale otherwise.